Dunne not retired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunne not retired?

I noticed a few posters today suggesting Dunne had retired from the game.

However according to this report he had no intention of retiring and was looking for a new club for this season:-

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-31269161.html

Given our lack of CB's at the moment would it be a wrong move to go back and get the big man on a 1 year deal. I thought he still had plenty to offer us based on his performances last season and in the Championship last time around he was a rock. Thoughts?
    Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Far from being wrong, I think it would be very right. As things stand, we would be a better team with Dunne in it. Even in the unlikely event that we bring in someone better, Dunne would be an excellent addition to the squad and give us some depth at CB. I'd really like to see him and Ned at the heart of our defence again - I think that would be very solid in the Championship. My understanding is that Dunne was on reasonable wages too, so there would be no financial barrier.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I agree, would be a great mentor to the younger players.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Personally don't think we should . We have Hill and Koncheskey (plus Green) as "older heads" at the back. Yes we desperately need CBs but there are far better options out there that won't require replacing again in 12 months time. Was a good servant for us but wouldn't want him back.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Personally don't think we should . We have Hill and Koncheskey (plus Green) as "older heads" at the back. Yes we desperately need CBs but there are far better options out there that won't require replacing again in 12 months time. Was a good servant for us but wouldn't want him back.

Comment

This is slightly different to what we did last season, where we had three CBs who were in their mid-30s. I don't have too much of an issue with signing a 34 year old LB for cover. Just hope that when he's called upon he does the business.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Same as Barton not trained all pre season so would be way behind so no from me. We made our choice to retain one 30+ CB at the end of the season and opted for Hill

Comment

Agree that Dunne would solve a few problems right now but if we were gonna keep him then we should never have released him. If we bring him back in now, not only will he be 6 weeks behind the rest of the squad and as such pretty much useless until October, he would also probably be feeling like a back-up plan and confidence is huge in professional sport.

I'm hoping we have a better plan up our sleeve!

Comment

If he can pass the medical and the wages are right, I would have him back for a year.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

This ...Plus if we wanted him we should've offered him a deal in June. How would he feel if we now go to him?

Comment

Think fact no one has offered him a deal speaks volumes

Comment

Same as for Barton; No, their time at the club has come to an end. Thanks for the memories.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Sign him up!
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO