Just back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Taylor View Post
    So what do you take the comment to mean then?
    No idea what he was getting at but to say he's racist is ridiculous.. I suppose you feel baa baa black sheep is a racist nursery rhyme..

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Diakite is very direct and that is exactly what we want from the lad. I think it's a big plus that les and Ramsey are black. That certainly isn't a racist comment but I think it will help samba
      Wow

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
        This is not a racist comment at all. It is not hard to imagine that Les and Chris might favour a coloured player over a white one, even if subconsciously. We can each decide for ourselves whether this is racist but to point it out certainly isn't!

Many governments have hiring policies that give jobs to people based on ethnic background.
        Oh dear Alf Garnett

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
          Oh dear.
          I know why you oh deared

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
            No idea what he was getting at but to say he's racist is ridiculous.. I suppose you feel baa baa black sheep is a racist nursery rhyme..
            Errrr no? That's a song about a black sheep....

I'm sure (hope) he's not racist, but you can't tell me that's not a racist (ignorant) comment?

And I don't think anyone's called him a racist...
            Last edited by QPR Taylor; 03-08-2015, 06:43 AM.
            I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

FFS get a grip on this racist talk how many of you know him , it was a thoughtless remark to think 2 back men would have a better insight of how another black man might feel , thoughtless to think 2 black men of a caribean background might know more about how an african blackman might feel , just as an english white man would know how a white polish man might feel , I think he was giving credit to Ramsey's man management skills , I have thought Ramsey was a man to be more sympathetic to Samba's problems with the use of persausion

Comment

Fck me, talk about a thread getting derailed!

I didn't see the match, nice to see some positive comments. I'm worried about our defending tho, got a feeling we're always likely to concede a couple under Ramsey, & that ain't cos he's black.

Comment

Thought the defence looked pretty comfortable yesterday but obviously Hill wont be able to play every game and Perch looked a tad rusty and seemed glad to be replaced in the end

Ned looked very solid and ventured in to midfield a lot which I have not seen him do much in the past but Diakite was the most impressive player we had and leiked the way he nows runs with the ball before passing

Overall we are nearly there as I guess most teams are just befor the start of a new season but I am feeling more positive then I was a few weeks ago

Comment

Glad to hear the positve feedback on Diakite. If he can find his old form he could tear the league apart he has that much potential. Sounds like it's so far, so good. Him and Cherry could be the difference this season imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      FFS get a grip on this racist talk how many of you know him , it was a thoughtless remark to think 2 back men would have a better insight of how another black man might feel , thoughtless to think 2 black men of a caribean background might know more about how an african blackman might feel , just as an english white man would know how a white polish man might feel , I think he was giving credit to Ramsey's man management skills , I have thought Ramsey was a man to be more sympathetic to Samba's problems with the use of persausion
                      Apart from your atrocious grammar, you have some valid points.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                        Thought the defence looked pretty comfortable yesterday but obviously Hill wont be able to play every game and Perch looked a tad rusty and seemed glad to be replaced in the end

Ned looked very solid and ventured in to midfield a lot which I have not seen him do much in the past but Diakite was the most impressive player we had and leiked the way he nows runs with the ball before passing

Overall we are nearly there as I guess most teams are just befor the start of a new season but I am feeling more positive then I was a few weeks ago
                        Cheers . Good to hear that.

Comment

Good stuff and I concur, wish you had put that in the positive thread, to much negative crap on here.
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Thought we were very impressive against a Serie A side. Knocked the ball around really well

Comment

Missed most of the first half but I thought we dominated the game throughout. Still think we lacked a cutting edge in the final third and the final ball still remains a bit of an issue, although I think once we're fully up and running that will change.

Pearch was solid at both RB and CB when switched inside 2nd half. Looks strong in the tackle and he's the 6/7 out of 10 a week player we will need in this league. Won’t pull up any trees but he'll do a job for us!

Was really impressed with Gladwyn today. Regardless of whether he is being played in his preferred position he showed some very tidy feet today and went past players with ease at times. Really looks to be a tricky customer!

Diakite and Tyler Blackwood also caught the eye when they came on. I think everybody is rooting for Diakite this season. He has the ability. He glides past players like they aren’t even there at times and he's such a unit he's never going to get barged off the ball. I think the best way to use him is actually behind the front 2 where he won’t have to do as much defending and thus, risk getting himself sent off!!

Blackwood is obviously young and will need time to develop, but he was full of running and enthusiasm if nothing else. Had a hint of Jamie Mackie about him BUT, and i know its early days to be saying this, looked to have better feet and more control of the ball when he had it. Had a half chance 2nd half where he did well to beat 2 men on the edge of the box but just tried to beat 1 too many when he probably should have pulled the trigger earlier. He'll learn with age and I think is worth using as an impact sub if we are chasing a game or even bring him on if we're ever coasting to victory for the last 15 mins or so.

Polter too did very well. Cant get my head around why he is getting so much stick already. His hold up play was very good at times yesterday, seems quite quick for a big man and also quite robust. As already mentioned he was fouled a few times in the build up to setting up JET but got on with it instead of going down. He needs a goal for sure but i think once his confidence is up, there will be a few people on here that will wish they never doubted him. Is he a suitable replacement for Austin? No. Is he a suitable replacement for Bobby Zamora? Yes.

Chery hit a good free kick first half but didnt really see too much of him. Luongo looked assured and tidy. Faurlin is still finding his range when it comes to passing and the trialist Hall looked comfortable although really didnt have much to do.

Still some issues in defence as Atalanta without really having much quality still managed to score and had 2-3 very good openings 2nd half. It hasn’t been mentioned on here as far as i can see but they had 2 penalty shouts within about 10 seconds of one another that probably would have been given in a league game.

How we fdo this season will depend on who settles and if the team can gel. We definitely have some talented players in the squad that’s for sure. Can Ramsey get the best out of them though??

Comment

Thanks for the post EssexR, very informative.

Comment

Working...
                                X