Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 wins out of 10.....should we have expected better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    You really are a miserable sod aren't you Matthew?.....You just love a negative post!
    what is negative about wanting and expecting your team to be doing better.You have posted this exact same post before,and i have asked you to be specific,but you never replied,again i ask,what do you find negative in this thread?

Comment

Matthew, just the whole sentiment of your post and previous posts on here is extremely negative.

Perhaps it's your whole outlook on life is just that way....I don't know. Would you describe yourself as a "glass half empty" type of guy?

For me I feel supporting my side properly involves a certain degree of optimism. At times this can lead me to disappointment, for example this weekend at Swansea. I thought that was 3 points in the bag given our recent performances but it wasn't to be.

My point is that I feel fans with negative attitudes and a pessimistic outlook on are chances have a negative effect on the club. While I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion it would be nice to log onto WATRB and not see the same type of negative posts from the same individuals every time.

Comment

regard myself as a realist,not a dreamer.I will continue to say what i feel is correct,and will never resort to being positive just to keep other members onside,thats not me im afraid.sorry you dont agree,but that is your entitlement.

Comment

i agree with Matthew. Too many people on here want to gloss it over, its a bad start to the season for a team with intentions of promotion. We have looked good in patches but that isnt going to be good enough, we need consistency and a couple of positions filled with quality players if we want to be taken seriously as promotion contenders this season. Or will the board be satisfied with another mid table finish?

Comment

If you look at the top 6/8 sides in every league you'll see that most of them have had their manager in place for at least 2 years, like I said it will take time as magilton hasn't even been here 6 months, I said at the start that if we can finished 7th - 10th then that would be fine for a club in this position.

3 wins out of 10 is poor, but considering the turmoil behind the scenes and the fact that we never really bought anyone it isn't actually that bad. Like some say we have been good in patches and maybe should have a few more points, but realistically there are better mentality teams above us and I think it will be a harder season than many think.

Comment

Come on guys, is it really that bad?

We did have a slow start to the season and drew too many games but in recent weeks we have won away at Cardiff and drawn away at Newcastle. Something that not many sides will achieve this season and something that rightfully drew plaudits from the press. Now if you are going to turn round and tell me that this is the minimum you would expect from the team then you truly are delusional.

Admittedly we have had a wobble at the weekend but bad results will and do happen in this division.

Considering that just a little over 2 years ago we were on the verge of bankruptcy and worrying about relegation, we should be over the moon with our progress.

My honest assessment of the situation (and it is shared by many) is that we are only a couple of signings away from being up there with the best in this division. With a little more backing from the board and enough funds to sign a striker and a left back in January we have the potential to be up there with the best in the 2nd half of the season.

Now if you think all of the above is over optimistic rubbish then please tell me but I have a suspicion that many will agree that I have hit the nail on the head.

If you’re still feeling pessimistic then you can always think - it could be worse, we could support Ipswich Town. While we are on that point I might add that many on here favoured Roy Keane over JM for the manager’s post here over the summer!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 05-10-2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X