Reminiscing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminiscing

Quiet one at work today so decided to bring in my dvd of the season we won the title.
    How brilliant were we?
    Of course Adel Taarabt was a revelation that season and deserves all the plaudits he got, but as a squad the football we played was stunning. Faurlin, Ephraim, Helguson, Routledge, Mackie, Kenny, Derry, Hill, Buzsaky, Gorkss, Walker, Connolly....whether its keeping clean sheets, finishing, skill or effort, we were just fantastic.
    Last edited by Ginger Ninja; 30-07-2015, 07:46 AM.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

A castle built on sand .

Comment

Enjoyed that season on par with 76 if I'm honest!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Top season, loved every minute. Great games, great results, good individual performances, great team performances and the last day (although we lost to weeds) was fantastic. Remember standing outside SAR when it was confirmed we would celebrate the championship, that was special
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Yes herstsie was a fine achievement by Warnock and his team despite the interfering wop Mafia running the club at the time!

Comment

Facto, it really was a fine achievement considering where we were the season before and for many seasons before that. We just had that air of unbeatabilty for the whole season, Warnock held the squad together very well.
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I honestly believe if warnock was in charge he would get this rag tag bunch up this season, but its ramsey and hes a total unknown entity in this division and a promotion challenge.
              Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 30-07-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

The one thing that won the league that season was Adel.

Warnock did a brilliant job of just building a plain solid team around him.

Comment

Team effort not individual

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Was 100% partly individual that one season... Without Adel, we would of been lingering around the play offs IMO. He won most games single handily.

Comment

As brilliant as Adel was you cannot forget the likes of Derry, Hill,Paddy Kenny, our back 4 who kept untold clean sheets, Ale Faullin, Helguson who was the ultimate target man.

Not the prettiest on the eye but a team that would die for each other, except perhaps Adel.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                          Enjoyed that season on par with 76 if I'm honest!
                          Disagree Facto, the 76 team was pure magic.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                            As brilliant as Adel was you cannot forget the likes of Derry, Hill,Paddy Kenny, our back 4 who kept untold clean sheets, Ale Faullin, Helguson who was the ultimate target man.

Not the prettiest on the eye but a team that would die for each other, except perhaps Adel.
                            Yeah really was a quality side that year mate. Ale and Derry were my faves at the times... now Im thinking about it partying Paddy was another favourite..... actualy reckon I could list the whloe side as my favourites good times!!!!
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              The one thing that won the league that season was Adel.

Warnock did a brilliant job of just building a plain solid team around him.
                              I gotta disagree with you there. We kept 25 clean sheets that season and IMO Adel had nothing to do with the defensive side of our game. Then you have to give credit to the likes of Mackie/Routs/Ephraim/Faurlin etc who all assisted Adel numerous times. Sure Adel was a revelation and he scored a few of his goals all by himself and assisted Helguson and others, which is why he was deservedly Championship player of the season. But it wasn't all down to him 100% imo.
                              Agree about Warnock though. His man management was spot on and building the team around Adel was a masterstroke.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2