X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    Why are nerves so frayed now? Still time to sign a few defenders.

Leave a comment:

• qpr
    replied
    We need Richard Dunne

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by Macca View Post
    Ramsey has confirmed he is hoping to sign Adlene Guedioura from C Palace don't these f*cking clowns realise we need defenders.
    Well said that man

Leave a comment:

• Hove Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
    Also matty we got jet gobern and Sutherland. I'm not knocking les n chris as I've said Before I think there doing a good job but centre mid is our strongest position at the club and we're adding yet another. When other areas are seriously lacking
    Gobern is on trial. JET is versatile but more of a forward (I cant see him playing on the wing of a 4 man midfield, more of a 3 man attack) and Sutherland is still a youth player. Maybe there other players lined up elsewhere but the club dont want this info leaked in case somebody hijacks. The main point is we can sign a midfielder and still sign defenders, GK's and strikers. We can only make offers for players we want so if one deal progresses quicker than others then we will go ahead and wrap it up, it doesnt mean we are going to stop negotiating the other deals because Les has to commit all of his time on this one deal.

Leave a comment:

• Ablockhoop
    replied
    Personally unless we keep Sandro and Fer I think we need strengthening in that area. Faurlin is a risk as is diakite. Doughty should go on loan to league 1 or a fellow champ team. Luongo looks good but we need more.

Id be happy to go into the champ season with

Sandro. Fer and loungo as the main three and then back up of Henry faurlin and diakite.

Leave a comment:

• stainrodisalegend
    replied
    Agree defence needs to be addressed but it is not either/ or (OK, well under some of our previous managers, it kinda was - but doesn't need to be and until the transfer window is over we should give them the benefit of the doubt). Right back in particular a massive priority - hope something comes of this Spurs kids we are linked with.

As for this midfielder, if we have been given permission to speak to him I am assuming it is a free transfer? Given how much the Watford fans are raving about him and what a key player he was in their promotion, that wd be v gd business.

Leave a comment:

• Macca
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Macca Caulker and Ned are far away from being a good enough unit Ned is nervous enough playing along side a steady player like Dunne but to be playing along side a brainless calamity like Caulker is a recipe for failure if anybody thinks otherwise they are living in hope rather than reality , and the F/Bs just don't warrant discussing
    Agree if we don't recruit in the FB positions we could be behind the ball game after half a dozen games with the defence we have available at the moment, I think a few on here don't get that, more than happy with the signings they have made so far, but the defence has to be addressed.

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    Would have Guidiora over Henry

Leave a comment:

• MattyRangers
    replied
    Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
    I still think Henry will go.
    Karl Henry?! Hasn't he just re-signed for us?

Leave a comment:

• californiahoop
    replied
    I still think Henry will go.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    I think 2 definitely possibly 3 out of Austin,Sandro,Fer and Phillips will leave and given that our 2nd choice keeper has gone to palarse I expect to see as many as 7 or 8 or maybe 9 new faces coming in.

This would consist of a keeper,2 rightbacks,1 centre back,2 midfielders and 2 forwards also you could add to this another centreback if we get a good bid for Caulker .

So there is still a hell of a lot of work to be done but is all about who goes or stays as we are now seemingly trying to run a tighter ship.

Leave a comment:

• bakes8
    replied
    I'm sure we got some irons in the fire re. defensive reinforcements.... At least I hope so. Maybe Rickson has some infor on the Spurs RB?

Midfield is loaded currently but surely we're planning for at least 2 to move on, so this Palace chap might be needed.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Most Midfielders are versatile players that can fill in in other spots , imo any team does need a full hand of midfielders , I still say our priority is C/Bs and F/Bs even before replacing Austin

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Macca View Post
    Ramsey has confirmed he is hoping to sign Adlene Guedioura from C Palace don't these f*cking clowns realise we need defenders.
    Oh sh*t, we don't have any defensive targets at all!! Sack the lot of them!! Sack the board!! Sack the players!! Sack the stewards!! Bunch of clowns the lot of em!!
    If only you could sack fans too.

Leave a comment:

• QPR Rickson
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Sandro, Phillips & Fer will be off. Plus Faurlin is very high risk regarding getting another serious injury. Leaves us the following midfielders fighting for 5 spots (assuming we play 1 up top):

Faurlin
    Henry
    Gladwin
    Luongo
    Chery
    Hoilett
    Mackie
    Doughty

Unless I have missed anybody? Tbh that isn't overloaded at all, a couple of injuries & suspensions and we aren't far off being at bare bones in midfield there. Assuming Fer, Sandro & Phillips all leave of course.

EDIT: Forgot bout Diakite too tbf so we do have quite a few
    Also matty we got jet gobern and Sutherland. I'm not knocking les n chris as I've said Before I think there doing a good job but centre mid is our strongest position at the club and we're adding yet another. When other areas are seriously lacking

Leave a comment:

Working...
X