Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Well I'm desperate to sell to get on with team rebuilding ASAP
    Why? If we don't sell them we have a more settled team from the get go. We won't need the whole rebuilding thing, it will already be built.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Why? If we don't sell them we have a more settled team from the get go. We won't need the whole rebuilding thing, it will already be built.
      For one season until Austin leaves.

Comment

We aren't desperate to sell by any means, club is aware of the benefits of holding these players for the season and won't be held to ransom by any other club (as much as Pulis thinks otherwise). I'm in accordance with many posters here of a constantly growing price, like 1 mil per week. Puts off potential last minute deals.
        are you sure about that i think thats what they are telling everyone, they want to get the best price by convincing people we're not? i'm not sure they want to sell because of how good it would be to keep them, but as I said they want top dollar so best get shot of now come January or next summer we'll get a lot less? i personally want all 3 to stay to have a chance of getting back up and would love the club to run down charlie's contract, if were promoted offer him a new one, but i dont beleive thats what thay really want

Comment

Simples if we sell Austin who has 1 year left we get 15m if we don't we would get 7m max in January or nothing in May , but if we sell now we will have his replacement for a min of 3 years , the only thing the club is desperate about in this coming season is preserving our Championship status therefore having players tied down to long contracts is the best way to build for the future

Comment

Simples if we sell Austin who has 1 year left we get 15m if we don't we would get 7m max in January or nothing in May , but if we sell now we will have his replacement for a min of 3 years , the only thing the club is desperate about in this coming season is preserving our Championship status therefore having players tied down to long contracts is the best way to build for the future
            The club is not desperate to preserve our championship status, they are desperate to get us into the prem. Having Austin benefits our chances of premier league football so there is no point forcing him away unless we get the minimum demanded for him.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The club is not desperate to preserve our championship status, they are desperate to get us into the prem. Having Austin benefits our chances of premier league football so there is no point forcing him away unless we get the minimum demanded for him.
              Sorry mucker cant have that ! the club wimped out of the Prem this season there was no desire to stay there otherwise they would have brought players in in January at the very least on loan , they could have fought to maintain their Premier league status and still carried on with their rebuilding plans this summer after all none of the player left before the end of the season .
              The clubs priority is to maintain their Championship status before the have any thoughts of promotion L F has already stated he wants the club to go up and have squad of young players capable of staying up

Comment

Sorry mucker cant have that ! the club wimped out of the Prem this season there was no desire to stay there otherwise they would have brought players in in January at the very least on loan , they could have fought to maintain their Premier league status and still carried on with their rebuilding plans this summer after all none of the player left before the end of the season .
                The clubs priority is to maintain their Championship status before the have any thoughts of promotion L F has already stated he wants the club to go up and have squad of young players capable of staying up
                Exactly, but lets say (I know you may find this difficult) that the club gets promoted with the current squad remaining as it is. Would you not say that this is a young squad capable of staying up? I certainly would if they managed to get up in the first place.

The lack of desire to stay there was to get rid of those who weren't willing to fight for the club. The 'Bad Eggs' are all but gone and now we have started a rebuild. But if this rebuild leads to an early promotion, that should be and is the clubs main goal.

Comment

From the get go? What does that mean? From the start? If so, why didn't you say so?
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Exactly, but lets say (I know you may find this difficult) that the club gets promoted with the current squad remaining as it is. Would you not say that this is a young squad capable of staying up? I certainly would if they managed to get up in the first place.

The lack of desire to stay there was to get rid of those who weren't willing to fight for the club. The 'Bad Eggs' are all but gone and now we have started a rebuild. But if this rebuild leads to an early promotion, that should be and is the clubs main goal.
                    !st thing you nor I know how good or not these young players will be , as the squad stands at this moment in time we haven't got a hope in hell of getting up never mind about staying up .
                    2nd as regards of getting shot of those you say weren't willing to fight for the club or the bad eggs , as I have said they were there until the end of the season and were going anyhow ,so I still maintain we could have bought in loan players and made a fist of a fight to stay up but imo that's not what the clubs big chiefs wanted to do
                    don't take this the wrong but talk of promotion is a pipe dream but nothing is impossible in football

Comment

!st thing you nor I know how good or not these young players will be , as the squad stands at this moment in time we haven't got a hope in hell of getting up never mind about staying up .
                      2nd as regards of getting shot of those you say weren't willing to fight for the club or the bad eggs , as I have said they were there until the end of the season and were going anyhow ,so I still maintain we could have bought in loan players and made a fist of a fight to stay up but imo that's not what the clubs big chiefs wanted to do
                      don't take this the wrong but talk of promotion is a pipe dream but nothing is impossible in football
                      I wouldn't say it is as out of the question as people are saying, as I've put on numerous threads, our squad as it stands is man for man better than the one we last got promoted with. I see your point but to me, there is no reason to get rid of our prized asset when the opportunity cost of losing him now is potentially the following: High league position money, no cost of replacement, potential premier league broadcasting money, potential play off final money.
                      These would amount to a lot more than the potential opportunity cost of 15 million if we do sell him now so to me, it seems likely that the club have looked these opportunity costs and have said, we don't need to sell him if we don't want to.

Comment

I wouldn't say it is as out of the question as people are saying, as I've put on numerous threads, our squad as it stands is man for man better than the one we last got promoted with. I see your point but to me, there is no reason to get rid of our prized asset when the opportunity cost of losing him now is potentially the following: High league position money, no cost of replacement, potential premier league broadcasting money, potential play off final money.
                        These would amount to a lot more than the potential opportunity cost of 15 million if we do sell him now so to me, it seems likely that the club have looked these opportunity costs and have said, we don't need to sell him if we don't want to.
                        You mean C Austin when you refer to our prizes asset yes I would totally agree were he to sign a new 2=3 year contract tomorrow but we know that aint going to happen , If he goes how Remy went at the last knockings we're shafted if he stays and goes in January you wont get even half his value , if stays and goes in May we get zilch he gets bundles

Comment

Phillips has said the "I'm a QPR player until I'm told otherwise" spiel. Expect him gone in the next few days.

Fer won't be long after that IMO

Comment

Mushy as long as it's quick can only be a good thing , thats if Les and Ramsey have done their homework on their replacements

Comment

Now looks like the only club in for Austin is Newcastle.
                              West Brom it looks like have given up on Phillips now as could be about to sign Sako from Wolves.

Comment

Working...
                              X