Austin, Phillips and Fer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    Six clubs all saying the same thing though hoop and at least five of them will end up with f*ck all next season, not Charlie. At least one of them will be clever enough to realize it and snap up a £30m striker for £15m now and leave the others blowing in the f*ck all wind next summer.
    No guarantee you'll win the bid to sign him next year, if you want him this will be the best chance you'll have. Clubs that are serious will come in for him this window, even if it is the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      All gone, dream on dreamers.
      Yep, all going to go by the end of August. I think at least 1 will be starting vs Charlton though.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Clubs waiting till late in the window so to try and drive the price down, thinking we're desperate to sell, I know the club keep saying they're not? think all 3 will be gone come 31/08, just hope we stick to our guns and say if valuation isn't met then they stay, unitl at least January , not letting them walk out on the last couple of days so we're unable to get in replacements,but what with player power,
        you just know we'll cave in sell them cheap on the last day

Comment

Clubs can wait till Chas' contract will run out but saying they will get him for free is nonsense. The wage they would have to pay would be massive and also the signing on fee would be a whopper.

Any club thinking of waiting for Contract expiry to take Austin is living in dreamland.

Austin and Fer will go IMO. Probably Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            Clubs waiting till late in the window so to try and drive the price down, thinking we're desperate to sell, I know the club keep saying they're not? think all 3 will be gone come 31/08, just hope we stick to our guns and say if valuation isn't met then they stay, unitl at least January , not letting them walk out on the last couple of days so we're unable to get in replacements,but what with player power,
            you just know we'll cave in sell them cheap on the last day
            We aren't desperate to sell by any means, club is aware of the benefits of holding these players for the season and won't be held to ransom by any other club (as much as Pulis thinks otherwise). I'm in accordance with many posters here of a constantly growing price, like 1 mil per week. Puts off potential last minute deals.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Keeping 1 of the three will be amazing in all fairness. Be interesting with fer as we haven't seen any real valuations banded around for a Dutch international. If we value Phillips at 10 mill I'd want 12 mill for Fer.

My gut says someone will eventually stump up for Charlie i just hope not last minute or of it is it really needs to be cash plus players or maybe with palace 14 mill plus gayle on a season long loan.

Fer I think will go and he's probably the one out of the three who will kick up a fuss to get the move.

As for Phillips I think we might keep him of we keep the 10 mill valuation. Atm it's putting teams off which is brilliant. I think prem teams will look further afield for players in Matty positions where a striker is hard to come by.
              Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 16-07-2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                The wait until Summer was in the case of Austin only!!
                Unless a club comes up with £15 million then he stays here.
                Will anyone really part with £15million now, knowing they can pay fu*k all next season?
                Of course they will. The clubs who will be in the market for Austin are all clubs who fear a chance of relegation and would hope an 18 goal striker from the previous season will maybe get another 15+ this season to keep them in the prem and retain it's pot of gold income.

If they think lets wait until next year, it may be too late as they may not be a prem club anymore, same as us now and he wouldnt then go to them. Also it's naive to think no other club would snap him up for what is a bargain price in the current market for a young English premier league proven goalscorer.

You're seriously clutching at straws.

Comment

I think villa could be serious suitors for both Austin and Phillips. If the get 32.5 mill for benteke. To bring in Charlie for 15 mill represents good business and they are also being linked now with matty.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    I think villa could be serious suitors for both Austin and Phillips. If the get 32.5 mill for benteke. To bring in Charlie for 15 mill represents good business and they are also being linked now with matty.
                    Think also Les and Chris will be happier to lose them to a mate. Personally, wouldn't want them going to a team in the lower half of the league who may be competing with us if we go up.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      Of course they will. The clubs who will be in the market for Austin are all clubs who fear a chance of relegation and would hope an 18 goal striker from the previous season will maybe get another 15+ this season to keep them in the prem and retain it's pot of gold income.

If they think lets wait until next year, it may be too late as they may not be a prem club anymore, same as us now and he wouldnt then go to them. Also it's naive to think no other club would snap him up for what is a bargain price in the current market for a young English premier league proven goalscorer.

You're seriously clutching at straws.
                      Absolutely agree. The thread is a tad on the ridiculous side. If it was an hour before the end of the transfer window, at the end of August and you had Austin, Fer and Philpps tied to a bed then yes you could have some cause for optimism they may not sign for anyone else. But its only the middle of July.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                        The wait until Summer was in the case of Austin only!!
                        Unless a club comes up with £15 million then he stays here.
                        Will anyone really part with £15million now, knowing they can pay fu*k all next season?
                        £15m is pennies for a young, English, proven prem goal scorer in the world of football. Only a matter of time until a club pays this small price tag to secure them with a goal machine!!....
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I think it is important we sign replacements before we sell any. Any player we try to sign after selling is gonna cost a lot more. We have to go on the assumption now that after so many mistakes in the transfer market that we will finally start being clever with our dealings. The longer other teams don't know what our plans with regards to these player are, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by fletchmonkey View Post
                            I think it is important we sign replacements before we sell any. Any player we try to sign after selling is gonna cost a lot more. We have to go on the assumption now that after so many mistakes in the transfer market that we will finally start being clever with our dealings. The longer other teams don't know what our plans with regards to these player are, the better.
                            But assuming things don't go through, we'd then be lumbered with an unhappy bench.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Think also Les and Chris will be happier to lose them to a mate. Personally, wouldn't want them going to a team in the lower half of the league who may be competing with us if we go up.
                              Well they competed with us this season to stay up me I cant see them being anymore than bottom half for the next 2=3 years

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                We aren't desperate to sell by any means, club is aware of the benefits of holding these players for the season and won't be held to ransom by any other club (as much as Pulis thinks otherwise). I'm in accordance with many posters here of a constantly growing price, like 1 mil per week. Puts off potential last minute deals.
                                Well I'm desperate to sell to get on with team rebuilding ASAP

Comment

Working...
                                X