Fc Berlin fans forum re: Polter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fc Berlin fans forum re: Polter

There seems to be a fair few pages on his move to us, I would love to know there opinion on him, only its in German 😁 any help http://www.unionforum.de/index.php/T...er/?pageNo=163
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER http://twitter.com/SamGuzinski

They love him! - http://translate.google.com/translat...3FpageNo%3D163

Comment

Wow, they do go on about him, almost 200 pages. Have we had a thread as long about any player of our recently, apart from Taarabt probably?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by keep the faith View Post
        There seems to be a fair few pages on his move to us, I would love to know there opinion on him, only its in German �� any help http://www.unionforum.de/index.php/T...er/?pageNo=163
        he seems very popular, he was recently the winner of berlin's footballer of the year (covering all clubs from berlin including hertha berlin from the bundesliga), picking up 36% of the vote (his nearest rival, hertha's goalkeeper, managed 24%).

http://www.fc-union-berlin.de/profis...Saison-18214D/

google translate:

Sebastian Polter is Berlin's professional soccer of the Season
        A great honor for Sebastian Polter. The striker, who played last season on loan at 1. FC Union Berlin, was elected by the people of Berlin as the professional football player of the season 2014/2015.
        The 24-year-old scored 14 last season for the Iron and set up six more goals. A few days ago it was announced that Polter will storm in the coming season for the London club Queens Park Rangers.
        The striker secured 36.09 percent of the vote for the award Hertha goalkeeper Thomas Kraft (23.96%) and Union captain Damir Kreilach (9.99%).
        "This award is a great honor and I am very proud. I am glad that I could contribute to the end good season for Union my part and thus now my childhood dream to play in England, comes true. I am so grateful to Union for this season at the Alte Foresterei. The complete team is simply very special. I thank the fans, the coaching staff and especially Nico Schäfer for a special station in my career. My Trophy I dedicate the iron fans, remains as her you, for you are just extraordinary, "said the lucky winner Sebastian Polter after the vote.
        The Football Week (Fuwo) and the Berlin Football Association (BFV) were supported by the German Lottery Berlin in four categories, the Berlin soccer / in the last season 2014/15. Voting ran from June 1 to 26 on an online voting.
        The winner of the election to the Berlin professional footballer, Berlin amateur trainer, Berlin amateur footballers and the Berlin Amateurfußballerin be awarded next Monday (13.07.2015) under the traditional Master of ceremony BFV in the regional training center on the Kleiner Wannsee.

Comment

There seems to be some bitterness that he signed for a second rate English team in the second tier of English football - with only provincial football teams and pitiful crowds, unlike the German second division where the atmosphere is electric and the football superior.
          This poster goes on to suggest he only signed for us because we are rich and throwing a fortune at getting promoted to the EPL: he quotes the purchase by Tango & Cash to support his theory

To be fair, "he" is put in his place on both fronts as someone lists the impressive stats for the football league in terms of support and the many sleeping giants in the Championship.

I guess it's almost as comical as for a foreigner coming on here and reading some of the drivel that gets posted
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

As I said before, a fans liebling lol.

Comment

Lovely lad, good touch for a big lad, first on the training pitch, last off, won't have any trouble with him, good in the air, can score goals in any league in the world, sandra loves him, jamie loves him and I love him.

On A serious note seems we might have picked one here, lets hope he gets off to a good start, very important IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                There seems to be some bitterness that he signed for a second rate English team in the second tier of English football - with only provincial football teams and pitiful crowds, unlike the German second division where the atmosphere is electric and the football superior.
                This poster goes on to suggest he only signed for us because we are rich and throwing a fortune at getting promoted to the EPL: he quotes the purchase by Tango & Cash to support his theory

To be fair, "he" is put in his place on both fronts as someone lists the impressive stats for the football league in terms of support and the many sleeping giants in the Championship.

I guess it's almost as comical as for a foreigner coming on here and reading some of the drivel that gets posted
                to be fair, having actually been there, i'd say the atmosphere at fc union is fairly electric - nice tight stadium, full every week, standing terraces on 3 sides, seating on the fourth, incredibly loud fans who don't moan as soon as a player misplaces a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                  to be fair, having actually been there, i'd say the atmosphere at fc union is fairly electric - nice tight stadium, full every week, standing terraces on 3 sides, seating on the fourth, incredibly loud fans who don't moan as soon as a player misplaces a pass.
                  They also don't break out of song when they concede a goal which is kinda weird but yeah great atmosphere. Polter could be a real cult hero for us.

Comment

I don't doubt you Klonk - I was just quoting what one of their posters had said. I think "they" are a bit like "us" inasmuch as they think their second tier is the dogs nuts and everywhere else it is like watching on Hackney Marshes
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Are there 150 pages of sl*gging each other off......fake fans etc

Comment

I'm just glad to see people spelling his name correctly.

Comment

I'm a big follower of German football (Hertha BSC my team over there well worth a visit if you're ever that way) and the Bundesliga 2 isn't as higher standard as our 2nd tier. Union Berlin are a pretty mediocre team at best, not saying this guy will be a dud but you know lets keep grounded and not expect miracles from the lad
                          i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Read through a lot of the posts from the time after rumours that he was going to us. All of them, more or less, would have liked him to stay and wish him well for the future. They even tried to boost a poll on getwestlondon to make it appear he was not wanted by QPR fans. They took it from 71% yes to 75% no for Polter to sign for us. Seems the fans did all they could to keep him.
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

He'll feel right at home with our lot then....

Comment

Working...
                              X