Plan going well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wegerle's barnet View Post
    Need a couple of centre backs. Need a strong back four if we're to do well this season.
    With you all the way, defence needs sorting with back ups.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
      We had the WORST back 5 (I include Green as a collective back 5) in the league last year.

no way that same back 5 will be the best this year.
      But how much of that was down to constantly changing the defence? How much was it down to negative defensive tactics that put them under constant pressure? At times it looked like QPR were playing a game of defence against attack.

Comment

Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
        Plan going well? Are you sure .....

30th of June was Ramseys deadline for getting all the new signings in, he missed that already.

That squad will have us mid table at best, probably worse than that to be honest going on the youth teams coach record from last season
        Players are tough to get in, not everything is visible yet. Some signings delayed on account of other players leaving or not. Too many variables to suggest that date being a perfect estimate. Most likely mid july which is more than enough time.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          For back up? Ned and caulker as a cb pairing are probably the best in the league. Yun is also very accomplished at this level.
          Championship plus cups?! Is a long old season. Injuries to Ned and Caulker (who forgets about positioning and often goes walkies) and we are in the brown stuff. Would like to see a couple of centre backs and a right back brought in. Furlong and Harriman are not experienced enough.

Comment

We are in the championship next year not the prem. it's way of the standard from last year. Most of you know Ned and yun have performed at this level to a high level.
            Caulker had a ,are last year but taking a step down and getting bit of confidence back there's a hell of a player there. If him and Ned can play regularly next to each other I don't get how people can't see what a cb pairing that is for the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Wegerle's barnet View Post
              Championship plus cups?! Is a long old season. Injuries to Ned and Caulker (who forgets about positioning and often goes walkies) and we are in the brown stuff. Would like to see a couple of centre backs and a right back brought in. Furlong and Harriman are not experienced enough.
              We need 1 more cb for competition for caulker and Ned,when you consider hill will step in for the odd game. But there's no need to go and recruit two cbs or spend serious money on one when we have two of the best Cbs in the league already.

As said before we are in the championship next year not prem league and it's a different level of football and one that both are very comfortable at as is yun, backed up by either green or McCarthy.

Our fans are spoilt if that's not good enough at this level for them. What a joke.
              Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 02-07-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                We are in the championship next year not the prem. it's way of the standard from last year. Most of you know Ned and yun have performed at this level to a high level.
                Caulker had a ,are last year but taking a step down and getting bit of confidence back there's a hell of a player there. If him and Ned can play regularly next to each other I don't get how people can't see what a cb pairing that is for the championship.
                Consider as well that caulker has already played champ footy and was one of the best young performers in the league at that time, years ago
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Players are tough to get in, not everything is visible yet. Some signings delayed on account of other players leaving or not. Too many variables to suggest that date being a perfect estimate. Most likely mid july which is more than enough time.
                  I appreciate that but maybe he shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Comment

Real Madrid players get criticised too. Caulker's a good player and if he wonders upfield it's managers permission to do so.

Comment

Working...
                    X