Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The back patch (on the new kit)

I've received authorisation from Ian Taylor to post the following:

"The 2015/16 kits were designed and signed off last September when the club was in the Premier League. With the lead time associated with rolling out the new kits, the back patch was the only option available. Those Premier League rules state that players name and numbering must be clearly visible, and as we have a two tone shirt the only way of guaranteeing this is for us to have a patch on the back."

That is the biggest load I've ever heard. Sunderland's new kit has stripes down the back. Plus you could easily just put the number in a white square like in the 90's.

They're using this as an excuse; the real reason is obviously to make fans pay more to get name / number on the shirt so it doesn't look ridiculous.

Comment

am not sure about this....

I dont think Sunderland/Stoke kit had patch on the back... but stand to be corrected...

Comment

I thought that was the same ruling throughout the football league

Comment

Them rules should off be scuppered when we got relegated, how hard can it be for Nike to design a new shirt with hoops all around
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley

"The 2015/16 kits were designed and signed off last September when the club was in the Premier League. With the lead time associated with rolling out the new kits, the back patch was the only option available. Those Premier League rules state that players name and numbering must be clearly visible, and as we have a two tone shirt the only way of guaranteeing this is for us to have a patch on the back."
            Stanley have a look at the reveal thread....the pic i posted of the old style patch. Looks a lot better imo.

Comment

Prem teams last year had two tone backs. and at least one team this year has a two tone back.

It's either a lie, or someone at the club has hopelessly misinterpreted the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave
                Stanley have a look at the reveal thread....the pic i posted of the old style patch. Looks a lot better imo.
                I'm with you 100% Dave.

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                I can't be the only one that remembers the white patch with the number on over the hoops
                Surely that looked better than this

Like this

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley
                  I'm with you 100% Dave.

Comment

####ing horrible back. Who comes up with this ####?

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR
                      Prem teams last year had two tone backs. and at least one team this year has a two tone back.

It's either a lie, or someone at the club has hopelessly misinterpreted the rules.
                      Nike telling us what we'll get? and lump it?

Comment

Quite simple , don't buy it and they would have to change it , get a retro one , i like it reminds me of the old Guinness sponsored one.

Comment

Will the new design this September have the patch for next season I wonder...
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

one of the most iconic football strips and basically they've fked up a classic design
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Surely it's just down to ridiculous interpretation of said ruling, if it even exists, or Nike dictating... yes we have two tone backs, (or at least we did have!!), but since when was a huge RED number and RED letters not clearly visible against either white or blue....???!!

In a nutshell, the prem dont say we need a #### off unsightly patch to make the numebr and name visible, they just say it needs to be visible (obviously!!), hence other teams have two coloured backs with no concern. Surely the club wouldnt choose such an eyesore if they bothered to query the rule, hence it must be dictated by Nike surely, although to be fair to them, i dont see how it would make any difference to them whatsoever, which leads back towards the club.....

Comment

Working...
                              X