Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phillips off. Palace, WBA and Sunderland in for him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillips off. Palace, WBA and Sunderland in for him.

west brom want to prepare a bid 5m matty. I don't think it's nowhere near enough and we should tell them to fark off
    You Rsssssss

Didnt we pay 5million for him?
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

£7m was mentioned the other day.

Comment

No where near enough. 7 is a good offet, 9 we should be aiming at
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

A players transfer value is whatever somebody else is prepared to pay for them. Pretty much every case I can think of when a fee has been over inflated has been when a player has time to run on his contract and the club are under no pressure to sell. 77m quid for Bale, 35m for Andy Carroll, 60m for Angel Di Maria, 50m for Torres are all examples of this.

Personally I don't think we are under any pressure to sell Phillips, he has 2 years to run on his deal, he's not established in the Prem to the point where a season in the Championship would be impossible and he seems like a decent lad with his head screwed on. Hopefully he'll knuckle down and play in the Championship if that is what's required.

With all the above in mind, I don't see why we should let him go for less than 8 or 9m. We see unproven foreign imports coming in for a lot more and often not coping in the Premier League. Matty has proved he can do it there, we should be holding on for a decent increase on the 4 or 5m that we paid for him!
          Last edited by Tarbie; 18-06-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

So far:

Philips: £5-7M
            Sterling: £5-8M
            Charlie: £10-15M
            Fer: £4-6M

With parachute payments, we're well on our way to paying off that FFP fine
            I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              A players transfer value is whatever somebody else is prepared to pay for them. Pretty much every case I can think of when a fee has been over inflated has been when a player has time to run on his contract and the club are under no pressure to sell. 77m quid for Bale, 35m for Andy Carroll, 60m for Angel Di Maria, 50m for Torres are all examples of this.

Personally I don't think we are under any pressure to sell Phillips, he has 2 years to run on his deal, he's not established in the Prem to the point where a season in the Championship would be impossible and he seems like a decent lad with his head screwed on. Hopefully he'll knuckle down and play in the Championship if that is what's required.

With all the above in mind, I don't see why we should let him for less than 8 or 9m. We see unproven foreign imports coming in for a lot more and often not coping in the Premier League. Matty has proved he can do it there, we should be holding on for a decent increase on the 4 or 5m that we paid for him!
              Precisely, it is of no benefit to us to sell him for £5m, as an equivalent replacement would likely cost more than that. Also we bought him for £4m , and his stock would have gone up a lot more than £1m based on last season.

Either get £8-£10m for him or keep him I'd say.

Comment

With all the above in mind, I don't see why we should let him for less than 8 or 9m. We see unproven foreign imports coming in for a lot more and often not coping in the Premier League. Matty has proved he can do it there, we should be holding on for a decent increase on the 4 or 5m that we paid for him!
                Great post tarbie.

I 100% agree. With Matty having 2 years left on his deal and being what could be our key player this year we really should be going all out to keep him. 5 mill for Matty is a joke when he's the type of player who can be the difference from going back up or not.
                We don't need to sell him and if someone wants him they need to pay a over inflated price to take arguably our best player. 7/8 mill should be his market value so we should have a valuation of 10 mill plus if a club really want him.
                As you said to tarbie 1 year in the championship won't do him any har, what so ever.we should have a gentlemen so agreement with him where if he stays for 1 season and we don't go up we will sell him for a fair price 5 mill next summer with no arguments.

Comment

£8-£10 mill asking price for me.

Comment

cloud cuckoo land
                    There is no chance of him staying he's had a taste of the Prem and will want to play there, contacts aren't worth the paper they're written on i.e. Sterling 2 years to run also, and we will never get the full value we beleive we should get as with Austin both will be sold for less than they're worth simply because players and agents call the tune,

Comment

all you have posters are right. 5m is an insult
                      You Rsssssss

Comment

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...-Matt-Phillips
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

What if he WANTS to go ?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

cloud cuckoo land
                            There is no chance of him staying he's had a taste of the Prem and will want to play there, contacts aren't worth the paper they're written on i.e. Sterling 2 years to run also, and we will never get the full value we beleive we should get as with Austin both will be sold for less than they're worth simply because players and agents call the tune,
                            Glass half full type are you mate?!!!

Comment

Glass half full type are you mate?!!!
                              I agree with Dave, I think he is going to want to go back to pl, especially has he really grew into himself at the end of last season. I bet he goes for no more than 7 million. That's pretty fair considering how little he contributed at the beginning of the year ( yes played out of position blah blah but any team buying him will not be willing to spend 10 on someone who had a good 10 week stretch)

Comment

Working...
                              X