The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE

WELL HE IS WORTH AS MUCH AS THE DEMAND IS BUT DONT FORGET BECAUSE HE WILL ALLWAYS FAIL MEDICALS
    BECAUSE HE HAS PERMANET KNEE DAMAGE SO HE CANT BE INSURED

so this means if somebody shells out 15 million he may play 15 games and score 7 goals but gets his career
    permantly finished
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• We could not have kept Remy even if we wanted because of clause Charlie's case totally different as he don't have a clause if he goes he goes for a price we say

Stand your ground Rangers £15mil not a penny less

Comment

• It's laughable that piece of "journalism"....Don't believe a word of it....If it is true then it's equally laughable that clubs have all this money swilling around
        and are bulking at a more than reasonable price. Should be more imo.
        I think the papers and maybe clubs are under the impression we need to sell. Don't think we do.

Comment

• If we want 15 million for Charlie,then why Newcastle bid 14? If they want Charlie, is the one million so big diffenrence to them not to offer 15 million straight away?

Comment

• Telegraph say Chaz wants his price tag reduced...

according to The Telegraph Austin wants his £15m price tag droppoed down to a nearer £10m after a number of Premiership clubs lost intrest due to the asking price.....
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• I fear the board will oblige.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• This is a load of bull made up by the papers. Austin doesn't want it reduced, and anyway why should the club cave in, we own him as a player and can demand whatever fee we see suitable. If no one wants to pay it, then tough luck

Comment

• No good having unhappy players though that don't want to be playing for us. I think 12 mil is a fair price for a player who has just been relegated and has 1 yr left on his contract.

Would be nice to see the club get creative as well maybe doing a a fee + a player.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                    If we want 15 million for Charlie,then why Newcastle bid 14? If they want Charlie, is the one million so big diffenrence to them not to offer 15 million straight away?
                    ...but did they actually bid £14m? we seem to want to pick and choose which newspaper articles are nailed-on true and which ones are total fabrication.

one story in the express saying £14m bid made versus dozens claiming that no one has made any bids.

at the mo', i wouldn't bid £15m for him because:

- there's a fair chance that our board want to cash in on him,
                    - there doesn't seem to be quite the demand for him that we expected
                    - he has some limitations (not that quick, tends to get caught offside quite a bit, isn't so great when played as a loan striker)
                    - his knee means he won't pass the medical
                    - the player himself seems to want to go and...
                    - the longer this drags on, the bigger the chance there is that the price/terms and conditions will suit the buyer

let's face it, if any premier league club rang ours today and said 'ok £15m', then the club would accept the offer without any real mulling it over.

Comment

• If there's any truth in it, suspect it is because the club he really wants to go to cannot afford it.

Comment

• Originally posted by klonk View Post
                        ...but did they actually bid £14m? we seem to want to pick and choose which newspaper articles are nailed-on true and which ones are total fabrication.

one story in the express saying £14m bid made versus dozens claiming that no one has made any bids.

at the mo', i wouldn't bid £15m for him because:

- there's a fair chance that our board want to cash in on him,
                        - there doesn't seem to be quite the demand for him that we expected
                        - he has some limitations (not that quick, tends to get caught offside quite a bit, isn't so great when played as a loan striker)
                        - his knee means he won't pass the medical
                        - the player himself seems to want to go and...
                        - the longer this drags on, the bigger the chance there is that the price/terms and conditions will suit the buyer

let's face it, if any premier league club rang ours today and said 'ok £15m', then the club would accept the offer without any real mulling it over.
                        Agree other then the fact we want to cash in. Im not sure we do we offered him a new contract to stay which is still there and Les, TF and Ramsey have all said they want him to stay

Comment

• Originally posted by johnp View Post
                          If there's any truth in it, suspect it is because the club he really wants to go to cannot afford it.
                          Newcastle reputed to have offered £14m. Suspect Charlie, after his experience of the dark satanic mills of Burnley, would prefer to stay down here in the sarf
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Agree other then the fact we want to cash in. Im not sure we do we offered him a new contract to stay which is still there and Les, TF and Ramsey have all said they want him to stay
                            i don't know if we do want to, i'm not sure... a longer contract would have improved our negotiating position (both now and in the future) and help ensure that he didn't leave for free in a year, so it would be a no-brainer to offer him one.

in any case, even if they did do want to cash in, the club can't really publicly admit that about a player who has won every player of the year (fans, kids and players) that he possibly could, the backlash from fans (together with the clear signal it would give to potential buyers) would be a disaster.

part of the change in club philosophy (to recruit young, hungry players etc) does involve accepting that we will probably sell on players where a big profit is on offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                              This is a load of bull made up by the papers. Austin doesn't want it reduced, and anyway why should the club cave in, we own him as a player and can demand whatever fee we see suitable. If no one wants to pay it, then tough luck
                              I can't see no such demands from CA, The Telegraph must be getting so desperate.

Comment

• Could it be Crystal Palace he wants to join? If that is the case, we should let him og for 10 plus Gayle.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X