X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you all seeing the +Long bit?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      It's based on a number of things including his background work ethic, and how he has conducted himself at previous clubs as well as at QPR. No one has spoken out against him as having cause issues or problems, unlike other players.

As for moping around, he wont do that as he would want to impress the England manager as well as future buyers.
      That's fair enough but it wouldn't be the 1st time a seemingly well behaved rightsort type of player has had his head turned and kicks up a fuss over a transfer if we refused him a move

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I doubt there is any truth in the Long rumour. Soton paid £12m for him last summer!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Im going to dissent and say no to the Long suggestion. Minimum £15mil and we choose our own players

I can't imagine Long would want to drop a division so why take a make weight in the deal whose heart might not be in the club!!!! been there before chaps ended disastrously

Long is the type of player I would love to snap up but cant see him wanting to play for us voluntarily so why force a player so I say take the cash. Weimann very similar to Long, possibly better, just went for £2mil to Derby so Long for me is not worth £5mil in this deal. Southampton paid probably three or four times over his value last season as he was nowhere near worth £12Mil and hes become a bit of Journey man since leaving Reading which poses questions

Long worth £12mil and Charlie £15mil (some suggesting £10mil) there is no comparison between the two Charlie wins hands down. Just cause Long went for big fee last season don’t mean he was worth it and more fool Southampton for paying it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Which worries me, given our track record with transfers
            With the clown Beard at the helm yea.

Les knows players worth. That's the difference, plus he's set his stall out and been quoted £20m

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

Les knows players worth. That's the difference, plus he's set his stall out and been quoted £20m
              Hopefully we stick to our guns on that mate. Really don't wanna be short changed on such a player.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

since Long left Reading he has now played for 3 Premiership teams, none seem to bust a gut to keep him
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Shane Long - another forward who just doesn't score goals....PASS

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    since Long left Reading he has now played for 3 Premiership teams, none seem to bust a gut to keep him
                    But him in the Championship is a quite different scenario to him in the PL. When compared to many PL strikers he isn't going to be first choice for many. But would quite easily be one of the first names on the teamsheet for every Championship side from what I have seen. And as sad as it is, we are now in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      But him in the Championship is a quite different scenario to him in the PL. When compared to many PL strikers he isn't going to be first choice for many. But would quite easily be one of the first names on the teamsheet for every Championship side from what I have seen. And as sad as it is, we are now in the Championship.
                      Last time he was in the championship he scored 20+ goals

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        agree, just that another poster thought we'd have no chance of getting Long as there be a few Premiership sides after him. Personally go for a replacement who will bang in 15-20 for us. Long doesn't fit in that category imo

Comment

Southampton not interested Charlie. They have enough options says this

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/sai...486._/?ref=mac

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

This is more like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Shane Long - another forward who just doesn't score goals....PASS
                              This big time!!! Never once in his whole carrer has he been better than average, and at 28 isnt likely to start.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

if you believe some of the newspapers, Palace, West Ham, Newcastle and Southampton are no longer interested

Comment

Working...
                                X