No announcement yet.

12 pts from first 5 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are signing a holding cm called patch who is mustard. We will win the league when he joins.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I understand what your getting at but we will not get rid of everyone. The club would be stupid too as we have ready made championship players in the squad. The likes like Matty, ned and caulker should be retained unless seriously big offers come in.
      There's no guarantees that fer or Sandro will go to albeit a high probability. Don't under estimate our board they have shown plenty of ambition and will want to get back to the prem ASAP. There is no point completely dissembling a squad that has players ready made for this league.
      It depends on what wages they are on. I would imagine Fer, Sandro and Onuoha are on around £50K pw and Caulker could be not far off £40K given that other sides were interested in him.

Having had their fingers burned with FFP (still ongoing), they will not want a repeat of that. So my guess, is that anyone on more than £25k pw, will be available to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Those that are, are setting themselves up for as big a fall as they did when they clung on to hope that Ramsey would keep QPR up when it was obvious they were going down.
        Or maybe we wont be setting ourselves up for any fall, like the few of us who voted we would make the play offs in the poll, and then voted we would win the play offs in another poll the last time we were in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          We are signing a holding cm called patch who is mustard. We will win the league when he joins.
          Who is patch, sound like a dog's name.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Those that are, are setting themselves up for as big a fall as they did when they clung on to hope that Ramsey would keep QPR up when it was obvious they were going down.
            Those that thought Ramsey would keep us up were deluded as we were nowhere near a PL team. The Championship, however, is our level and I would be very surprised if we finished outside the top 10 at the end of the season.

Comment

Got to be a bit more realistic it is a long season and a tough division very un likely to go straight back up and probably for the best.You look at some of the away games we couldnt muster a point against hull and were shite at burnley so how anyone thinks we are going to fly out the blocks AND MAINTAIN ( results) THROUGH A LONG HARD SEASON !! Is just not looking at reality. I hope I am wrong but lets see I cant see with the new signings we have made , how we are going to start that well but I will say you can see the start of a good strong side emerging from the ruins of the last few years. I didn't think CR was the right man and still dont but I can see what he is doing and like it. Reminds me of the old rangers ie how we used to run things. I know some on here will get over hyped and this original post(over confidence) co insides with the fixtures which always have led to excitement. If we have a good season we will not be calling for the head of CR/TF and still be in the championship. Anything else is a bonus imo.

Comment

Honestly believe we will be near on impossible to beat at the bush, and only one or two championship clubs will achieve it.

Comment

the best thing to do with a young new side is to take each game as it comes, just focus on Charlton away win that, then Cardiff at home win that Wolves away win that, Rotherham at home win that Huddersfield away win that and so on and so forth , forget cup games there friendlies to us!

Comment

agree totally, anyone who goes to yeovil please please dont moan when its the ressies and we lose, cos you well know thats what will happen and we all do. So if you go, you are going to watch a youg team and a defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                      the best thing to do with a young new side is to take each game as it comes, just focus on Charlton away win that, then Cardiff at home win that Wolves away win that, Rotherham at home win that Huddersfield away win that and so on and so forth , forget cup games there friendlies to us!
                      Isn't that the general plan for most teams irrespective of age? To prepare for the next game and try to win it

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        We have just come down and are still strengthening our squad, while others who didnt go up, or come down arent..... thats how ive come to that conclusion.
                        11 of the players have gone from last season and another 2, 3, 4 or more look like going too.
                        At the moment the squad without Austin Fer and Phillips fot staters does not look very strong at all.
                        Just dont see where all this confidence stems from.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Those that thought Ramsey would keep us up were deluded as we were nowhere near a PL team. The Championship, however, is our level and I would be very surprised if we finished outside the top 10 at the end of the season.
                          Outside the top ten is not quite what others are thinking or expecting though is it?
                          Thry are predicting play offs and 2 points per game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                            Got to be a bit more realistic it is a long season and a tough division very un likely to go straight back up and probably for the best.You look at some of the away games we couldnt muster a point against hull and were shite at burnley so how anyone thinks we are going to fly out the blocks AND MAINTAIN ( results) THROUGH A LONG HARD SEASON !! Is just not looking at reality. I hope I am wrong but lets see I cant see with the new signings we have made , how we are going to start that well but I will say you can see the start of a good strong side emerging from the ruins of the last few years. I didn't think CR was the right man and still dont but I can see what he is doing and like it. Reminds me of the old rangers ie how we used to run things. I know some on here will get over hyped and this original post(over confidence) co insides with the fixtures which always have led to excitement. If we have a good season we will not be calling for the head of CR/TF and still be in the championship. Anything else is a bonus imo.
                            Amen to that.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyHoop View Post
                              Its June, we have 2/3rds of our final roster, have no clue how we can predict the first 5 fixtures.

I forgot to mention we lose top goal scorer and Fer.

Patience.
                              I've got to pull you on this cincy,roster? This is football love shape up !it's like the moonlight on your favourite lake and humming your best song whilst protecting the wildlife... polish ya guns xx
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X