Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoops in the US

Hello all,

I have been a follower since the 2012/13 season. I have been following you guys on here for months now, checking the site about 10-15 times a day at work and after work for updates and thoughts on recent fixtures, transfer news, club news, ect. I throughly enjoy your insights and jokes! I know there are some QPR supporters on this site that are from the US. Was curious to see how many and in what areas? I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and I don't know of many QPR supporters in this area. Mostly root for the big clubs that get most of the coverage (Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU). I would love someday to make the trip to Shepards Bush to see the rangers play, it will happen soon enough. I thank you guys for providing a forum for us "across the pond" where we can banter and discuss and read about our favorite club. I can't really offer much insight on potential transfer targets as the Championship and the lower leagues are not broadcasted here at all so it really is tough to follow. Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and look forward to hearing from all the regulars and any QPR supporters here in the US.
    Last edited by CincyHoop; 16-06-2015, 04:00 AM.

born and raised around Heathrow airport but live in San Antonio, TX now.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyHoop View Post
      Hello all,

I have been a follower since the 2012/13 season. I have been following you guys on here for months now, checking the site about 10-15 times a day at work and after work for updates and thoughts on recent fixtures, transfer news, club news, ect. I throughly enjoy your insights and jokes! I know there are some QPR supporters on this site that are from the US. Was curious to see how many and in what areas? I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and I don't know of many QPR supporters in this area. Mostly root for the big clubs that get most of the coverage (Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU). I would love someday to make the trip to Shepards Bush to see the rangers play, it will happen soon enough. I thank you guys for providing a forum for us "across the pond" where we can banter and discuss and read about our favorite club. I can't really offer much insight on potential transfer targets as the Championship and the lower leagues are not broadcasted here at all so it really is tough to follow. Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and look forward to hearing from all the regulars and any QPR supporters here in the US.
      Never be a glory hunter mate, stick with the hoops, don't ever mention chelsea just say scum we know who you meen ok
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Haha, thanks Harry! Who are the most ITK twitter followers to follow that cover QPR? Like in the states for football, there is Adam Schefter who are "insiders" that are really accurate. There are also local "beat" reporters whose job for the local papers to just strictly follow the teams and report on them daily. To get my info, I typically read this site, Sky, BBC, do a simple google search of "QPR" and click on news. But that doesn't bring up all the articles out there.

Comment

Welcome Cincy. I was in Cincinnati a few years ago and took in a Reds game. Great overall experience of the stadium and US baseball culture.

Comment

Thank you Stanley! Baseball is nuts here and in a few weeks will host the All Star game. I graduated from the University of Cincinnati in December and now work downtown for PNC bank (have an office in London, maybe get a work assignment there for a few weeks and hopefully get to take in my first game in person). It is a great "smaller" big city.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Welcome Cincy. I was in Cincinnati a few years ago and took in a Reds game. Great overall experience of the stadium and baseball culture.
              Personally im not very computer friendly ( ) certainly dont do twitter. If I am trying to get any info though I either get it here or from 'newsnow'. Yeah like Harry said never be a glory hunter mate. If you follow the Rs its because of the love for the club not the 'Premiership highs' (although they'll be here again soon ).... As for my back ground - my roots are S.Bush, Fulham and Putney but have pretty much spent my life in and around the Kingston area- which going back to not being a glory hunter, going to school out Kingston way I couldve easily swapped sides with all my mates being Chelski, Spurs, UTD, Liverpool etc but like I said before its the love of the club that never let me slip away... Anyway welcome aboard mate
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Thanks Nick for welcoming me! Most of my sports fan life, I have supported teams that have had little to no glory. I am a Cleveland sports supporter, (Browns, Cavaliers) and a Reds fan. I have seen no such thing called glory in my entire life, but hopefully the Cavaliers can win tonight and force a game 7! Selfishly for my viewing pleasure I would love to see the R's return to the PL sooner, rather than later. Just because it is nearly impossible to watch them now being in the Championship. But, I do understand that if you want to move forward, sometimes you must take a step back. After watching nearly every game last year, they were just bum average at most positions and thought they really lacked pace at nearly every position. While it was frustrating at times, that is all apart of the growing pains! I'm hoping to stream as many games as possible this year, but it is my understanding, not a lot of Championship games are even broadcasted domestically for you, so this will prove rather troublesome for me i

Comment

Welcome! Please redeem your misspelling of Shepherd's Bush by divulging your favourite cheese!
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Does Nacho count?

Comment

I just came back from Dallas. What a place that is. Girls are all over the accent its ridiculous. I need to move to America. That is all.

Comment

Southern girls are the best girls. Hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyHoop View Post
                          Hello all,

Hey there, I'm a hoops fan from the great state of maine, soon to be moving to new Hampshire. I have been following since the tail end of the 2011 campaign. I'd love to see a match or two if I ever get a chance to travel to the motherland, but for now I'm stuck watching the championship on sketchy sites unless a mike stream comes to the rescue.
                          I really love the transfer market and rumors. I was so caught up in it when I first started following Rangers. Now I tell my friends who are constantly blathering about how utd is going to sign Hummels and robben that they are #####s. Almost every rumor is just a link to the manager or some bloggers thought that the player is a good fit.

I'm still waiting for my first Transfer rumor to come true (Michael ballack to captain us on a free) back in 2012

Comment

You just use first row sports for streaming championship Maine? I used NBC sports online last season, which do a really good job IMO.

Comment

Welcome Cincy - Do you ever watch any of The Crews games?

Also, check in on here on match days, as someone normally posts a link to any live games that are available.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X