Ramsey on Matty Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TF won't let him go for £5million.
    Remember Harry wanted rid of him, but TF came out saying he wasn't going anywhere and Phillips came back and looked the player that we saw potential in to pay the £5million we did.

Phillips won't go anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
      Just like signing players from Poole town? Ask Swindon how it worked out for them. I think you were right about reafing...
      Signing 1 or 2 players from lower leagues sometimes works out, but when that is the level they are looking at for most signings the future does not bode well.
      Good point about reefing that was a typo but the way some on here are happy with the direction the club is taking must be taking something to make them high.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
        TF won't let him go for £5million.
        Remember Harry wanted rid of him, but TF came out saying he wasn't going anywhere and Phillips came back and looked the player that we saw potential in to pay the £5million we did.

Phillips won't go anywhere
        I hope you're right about that.
        Phillips is a quality player as I said much of last season when others were slating him.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          I hope you're right about that.
          Phillips is a quality player as I said much of last season when others were slating him.
          I really don't think he will be sold, we will still want to hold on to some of our assets if we can.
          The board will still be looking at promotion still.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Signing 1 or 2 players from lower leagues sometimes works out, but when that is the level they are looking at for most signings the future does not bode well.
            Good point about reefing that was a typo but the way some on here are happy with the direction the club is taking must be taking something to make them high.
            So where would you be looking to sign players for the future? Luongo and gladwin are highly rated. Bristol fans loved JET. Gray (if we get him) has been fairly prolific in the lower leagues. I honestly think this new approach is much more like the approach of old and is miles better than signing expensive journeymen.

Comment

So where would you be looking to sign players for the future? Luongo and gladwin are highly rated. Bristol fans loved JET. Gray (if we get him) has been fairly prolific in the lower leagues. I honestly think this new approach is much more like the approach of old and is miles better than signing expensive journeymen.

Plus our recruitment drive isn't finished. Just happens atm we have picked up 3 up and coming players from league 1 and a experienced head from the championship. We will shop in the championship and prem league imo and bring in more proven quality. We just haven't got to that point yet as the bigger deals tend to be more complicated but there's still plenty of time to get it done.

People are panicking but as things stand right now we have a squad or potential first 11 as so

McCarthy/green - not many better keepers in the league then these two

Furlong ned caulker yun - at championship level that's pretty impressive

Phillips fer luango gladwin - not bad and supported by jet, Henry and Sandro who you could all argue a place for

Austin Mackie - top striker force - though we all know austin prob off but as off yet no ones let our valuation.

Even if we lose key players like Austin fer and Phillips I bet with the money ,are we will buy some top talent for the championship. I also believe 100% we will keep some of our key players like Phillips caulker ned... The board are very ambitious and although coming out conservative with their ambitions they will want to return Asap to the prem league.

Comment

WBA for £7m says Sky

Gutted to lose him. He'd be up there for assists & goals I believe if we kept him. On the positive side, £22m for him & Chaz is a great return & helps us rebuild & helps our finances.

Comment

As I said, one or two from lower leagues, but add a mixture of others from the Championship, Premiership youngsters i.e. Pritchard, Weimann and maybe one or two from Scotland and abroad. Watford, Swansea and others have managed that quite well (as did QPR with Faurlin), some other didn't work out but that was mostly down to signing rubbish players that Briatore wanted, or in Parejo's case not persevering with him.

Going down to the lower leagues for all your shopping is a bit like it was when QPR were in League 1 and signed crap after crap after crap on free transfers. QPR only went up after signing better players like Furlong, Cook, Rowlands & Ainsworth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    WBA for £7m says Sky

Gutted to lose him. He'd be up there for assists & goals I believe if we kept him. On the positive side, £22m for him & Chaz is a great return & helps us rebuild & helps our finances.
                    Im hearing they are going for James Mcclean, not matty
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Says who?

Comment

I saw Phillips in The Sun (£7m) and McClean on sky (£2m)

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                          Says who?
                          most outlets
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

most outlets
                            most outlets say phillips

Comment

Don't McLean and Phillips play on different wings?

Comment

Wba are in the verge of signing McLean for 1.5 mill.

Whether that means they will drop their interest or not in Matty is anyone's guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X