Mark Warburton, end of the story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Warburton, end of the story

Just gone up to scotland to manage Rangers with David Weir as his assistant. Now there is almost zero chance of us ever getting our hands on him, meaning no other manager should be under consideration as a better option to Ramsey and everyone can get their full support behind our man.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Yes boss

Comment

Was the end of the story a few weeks ago when Ramsey got the job on a 3 year deal. Pointless thread really. Time to move on fella.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Was the end of the story a few weeks ago when Ramsey got the job on a 3 year deal. Pointless thread really. Time to move on fella.
        I agree, but I feel that having read this forum for those 3 weeks, there are still some people who wanted Warburton despite this. This just ends any level of speculation.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I agree, but I feel that having read this forum for those 3 weeks, there are still some people who wanted Warburton despite this. This just ends any level of speculation.
          I still dont get that. How can there be speculation about warburton when Ramsey signed a deal 3 weeks ago and we haven't even started pre season.
          There might be wishful thinking but speculation we might still be in for hi is ridiculous. We all need to be behind Ramsey and les now.

Comment

Speculation to what?? Warburton or anyone were never coming here once Fernandes offered Ramsey the job and, I would assume, 3 year contract

Comment

Just gone up to scotland to manage Rangers with David Weir as his assistant. Now there is almost zero chance of us ever getting our hands on him
              Good. We've got a manager for the next 3 seasons.

Comment

Oh No !

What with McLaren going to Newcastle, that's two managers that have failed to get through the Championship play-offs in successive years, that we have allowed to slip through our fingers.

Just typical of football these days that the one that couldn't even reach the play-offs this season, with supposedly one of the best squads in the league, gets the sack and ends up with a job in the PL.

Think I'll stick with what we have, thank you very much.

Comment

I wanted him rather than Ramsey, but this is a pointless thread because he wasnt even considered for the role.

Comment

He will have his work cut out plotting the downfall of giants such as Alloa, Dumbarton & Morton.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Good. We've got a manager for the next 3 seasons.
                      Can't see Ramsey hanging on for so long.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Can't see Ramsey hanging on for so long.
                        I can't see into the future but I will say he's got no pressure to go up, just stabilise, change our philosophy with regards to transfer targets & wage structure then go again in better shape. That won't happen overnight. I think he'll be here for quite a while.

Comment

If he has no pressure to get us into play-offs this coming season,
                          I fear we will probably slip into the bottom three at some point.
                          Some pressure/ambition would be better than no pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            If he has no pressure to get us into play-offs this coming season,
                            I fear we will probably slip into the bottom three at some point.
                            Some pressure/ambition would be better than no pressure.
                            Very negative. We'll be fine.

Comment

To be fair, Ramsey has demonstrated during this spring that he doesn't get results under pressure, so maybe no pressure at all will be more productive.

Comment

Working...
                              X