No announcement yet.

potential sales of players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its a tough one - Greeno has been quality for us and is better than Championship level by far and has some years left in him for sure - but is he the future of the club?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      I think its a tough one - Greeno has been quality for us and is better than Championship level by far and has some years left in him for sure - but is he the future of the club?
      Answered your own question there...

Why Green was given a 2 year extension god only knows, now we're in a position where we want McCarthy to be No.1 but can't afford to have Green on the bench on 50k a week. It's absolutely shocking we keep getting ourselves in these types of sitations.

If Green doesn't get offloaded, and it looks right now that he wont because I'm not sure too many Prem clubs want him as No.1 and want to pay him 50k a week as well then I can see McCarthy leaving, and IMO that is so short-term it ####s me right off.

Comment

fer £6m
        austin £10m
        philips £4m
        mccarthy £3m
        sterling (maybe) £6m

i make that £29m-ish... which we've already spent £4m of... so a bit less than the drop in income we'll have to subsume. i'd expect no more than another £10m to go on incomings.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          HAVE to hold on to McCarthy and Phillips.

Get rid of Green FFS, the blokes 37 - McCarthy is his long term replacement

Green was born January 1980 - Makes him 35
          McCarthy has conceeded 8 in 2 full starts, inlcuding 3 v a 1st div club. Hardly inspiring.

If Red Scouse git would give us our £3m back, I'd sell him, Play Green, Buy Southend lad & develope him & Lumley.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            Answered your own question there...

Why Green was given a 2 year extension god only knows, now we're in a position where we want McCarthy to be No.1 but can't afford to have Green on the bench on 50k a week. It's absolutely shocking we keep getting ourselves in these types of sitations.

If Green doesn't get offloaded, and it looks right now that he wont because I'm not sure too many Prem clubs want him as No.1 and want to pay him 50k a week as well then I can see McCarthy leaving, and IMO that is so short-term it ####s me right off.

Last year, Green signed a new 2 year contract, he wasn't on £50k a week before that. We signed him for less than WHU were paying him £45k /week.
            Also as per TF, all players who've signed new deals in the last year or 2 have relegation clauses inserted. We'd likely be paying him £25k next season.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
              Green was born January 1980 - Makes him 35
              McCarthy has conceeded 8 in 2 full starts, inlcuding 3 v a 1st div club. Hardly inspiring.

If Red Scouse git would give us our £3m back, I'd sell him, Play Green, Buy Southend lad & develope him & Lumley.
              Or how about we get rid of Green, keep McCarthy then we don't have to develop anyone?

Comment

So far I've been disappointed in McCarthy, but haven't seen enough of him to make any further judgement. But I've got a feeling Ramsey doesn't rate him.
                Green is future of QPR if he plays another 1-2 seasons with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  So far I've been disappointed in McCarthy, but haven't seen enough of him to make any further judgement. But I've got a feeling Ramsey doesn't rate him.
                  Green is future of QPR if he plays another 1-2 seasons with us.
                  That's fair enough, and I'm not saying Greeno hasn't done a good job for us.... But I'd like to look a bit more long-term than the next season.

Comment

That's fair enough, and I'm not saying Greeno hasn't done a good job for us.... But I'd like to look a bit more long-term than the next season.
                    McCarthy has three years left on his current contract, so after two seasons we would have to consider selling him anyway. Hard to do long term plans nowadays.

Comment

I would try and make money on Green give McCarthy an opportunity as no1 and get Al Habsi in on free as second choice from Wigan who is out of contract

Young no1 with experienced and very decent number two who will only cost us wages

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        I would try and make money on Green give McCarthy an opportunity as no1 and get Al Habsi in on free as second choice from Wigan who is out of contract

Young no1 with experienced and very decent number two who will only cost us wages
                        Good idea that. Al Habsi is decent. I haven't been impressed at all with McCarthy but I've put that down to lack of playing time.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          Leroy fer £7-8 mil

Austin £15mil

philips £7-8 mil

McCarthy (now green is staying) £5 mil

sterling £10 mil sell on.

total of around £45 mil plus adding the relegation payment which is another £10 mil on top of that.

So, how much should we expect to be spent on new players?

im looking at £15 mil with the rest going onto the debt.
                          If the best offer for Austin is £15m we should keep him. It works like this (a statistical concept called "expected gain"):

Promotion to the Premier League is reportedly worth £120m but that will go up next year with the new TV deal, so let's say £140m.
                          If keeping Charlie increases our chances of promotion by 15% (say, from 10% to 25%; aka 1-in-10 to 1-in-4), then keeping him is worth 15% of £140m = £21m.

The whole calculation obviously hinges on how much you think our chances of going up improve with Charlie in the team but surely they increase significantly, and that in turn is worth a significant amount of money.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Keep McCarthy and offload Green even If he isn't interested in Chelsea.
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Or how about we get rid of Green, keep McCarthy then we don't have to develop anyone?
                              Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Its mad that people want to shift a youngster like McCarthy out the door and are still willing to give fat boy Adel ANOTHER chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X