No announcement yet.

Clement inevitable meltdown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Him coming in now for us would have been too late, CR has had 9+ months to access the club from youth to senior personnel, we are in such a mess that anyone coming in now would take until this time next year to clear the decks.

I wish him well but not the right time for us!
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      How the hell have we lost Clement? We never bloody well had him. Clement is no more experienced or proven than Ramsey is. Fact.
      I would say he is more experienced as a coach... Madrid, PSG, Chelsea.. Worked with Zidance, Ancelotti, Mourinho - Champions league winner. Coached the worlds best players.

But neither Ramsey or Clement are proved as a number 1, agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        I would say he is more experienced as a coach... Madrid, PSG, Chelsea.. Worked with Zidance, Ancelotti, Mourinho - Champions league winner. Coached the worlds best players.

But neither Ramsey or Clement are proved as a number 1, agree with that.
        Personally don't think that means anything. He has been surrounded by the best players in the world for years and may well be a very good coach, but imo that doesnt mean he will turn out to be a good manager. Ramsey is a brilliant coach, according to anyone who has been coached by him, but he hasnt been successful so far. Time will tell i guess.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

To be fair to Clement, the clubs he has been at do not just hire any tom, dick, or Harry. You have to have something about you to get jobs at those clubs. For me also, sounds strange but coaching the likes of Ronaldo, Ibra, etc is more difficult then mickey mouse players Ramsey has coached, as you need the worlds best the respect you and listen to your sessions. You think those sort of players would respect any coach?

Ramsey does have experience as well as a gaffa. He managed in America in the early 2000's. The guy is 53 years old and has never coached or managed at the top level (for a reason), so for me we can't compare him with Clement.

Obviously as a QPR supporter I want Ramsey to do better than Clement, but comparing them is wrong imo. Time will tell I guess, and I hope I am proved wrong as a QPR fan.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
            To be fair to Clement, the clubs he has been at do not just hire any tom, dick, or Harry. You have to have something about you to get jobs at those clubs. For me also, sounds strange but coaching the likes of Ronaldo, Ibra, etc is more difficult then mickey mouse players Ramsey has coached, as you need the worlds best the respect you and listen to your sessions. You think those sort of players would respect any coach?

Ramsey does have experience as well as a gaffa. He managed in America in the early 2000's. The guy is 53 years old and has never coached or managed at the top level (for a reason), so for me we can't compare him with Clement.

Obviously as a QPR supporter I want Ramsey to do better than Clement, but comparing them is wrong imo. Time will tell I guess, and I hope I am proved wrong as a QPR fan.
            I do agree but look at Schteve Mclaren, he coached the great man utd side and he couldnt get a tune out of Derby.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Personally don't think that means anything. He has been surrounded by the best players in the world for years and may well be a very good coach, but imo that doesnt mean he will turn out to be a good manager. Ramsey is a brilliant coach, according to anyone who has been coached by him, but he hasnt been successful so far. Time will tell i guess.
              Agree but i'm not talking about him being a good manager.. We're discussing him having more experience as a coach than Ramsey. Clements experiences have taken him all over Europe working with the best players and managers... Ramsey's experiences can in no way compare to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post

Spot on.

Comment

Agree but i'm not talking about him being a good manager.. We're discussing him having more experience as a coach than Ramsey. Clements experiences have taken him all over Europe working with the best players and managers... Ramsey's experiences can in no way compare to that.
                  And by coming to us or Derby, he'd be surrounded by players/coaches/infrastructure/support at a much lower level than he's use to. Brian Kidd was a crap manager but how much success did he have at Man U?

Comment

how much did the odds for Derby go up after clement was announced? I remember on another thread a few days ago that they were favorites for a playoff spot at least..
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Fair enough, might have gone off on a bit of a tangent there. But yeah you are right when it comes to coaching, Clement has coached the worlds best and Ramsey hasn't.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

The difference between Clement and Ramsey is that Clement will be the highest paid coach in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          And by coming to us or Derby, he'd be surrounded by players/coaches/infrastructure/support at a much lower level than he's use to. Brian Kidd was a crap manager but how much success did he have at Man U?
                          Exactly list is endless Wilkins, Sammy Lee, Rene, AVB etc all good coaches s hite managers in case of wilkins, Rene and AVB worked with similar players as Clement and still s hite when No1 in control

Comment

Ramsey has to do better than clement, he has to. Cos just imagine if derby win the first couple of games and we dont, it will be hell on here.
                            "Tony is a divv and im glad all them people died on his plane, and the only downside was he wasnt on it."
                            And that would be just from the admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              "Tony is a divv and im glad all them people died on his plane, and the only downside was he wasnt on it." And that would be just from the admin.
                              What admin would that be then?
                              I never expressed joy at somebody's death, only frustration.
                              Frustration that Fernandes left us rudderless in the January window.
                              Frustration that Rio did not leave us earlier although he should have done.
                              Furthermore, I have stated several times that I am
                              willing to give Ramsey plenty time in the coming season.
                              But don't let facts get in the way of your obsession with me
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                                I think you miss interprete what i am saying... Im talking about experiences to get them to where they are now - Both of them.
                                Im not talking about the future and what sort of job both will do.

Comment

Working...
                                X