the reason why i dont want lambert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the reason why i dont want lambert

hes another swp hes got to a certain age and his legs have gone,lsast season 36 apps and 3 goals hes another zamora hes just too old,we must replace
    the 25 year old charlie austoin with a 22 year old, we need youth,

id rather spend 15 million on a boy wonder,than get another zamora or swp type we just dont want these broken old men on our wage bill
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

If we truly have learned something after this diabolical season, then surely we cannot even consider a 33 year old to join us.

Comment

completely agree. I do however think we need to make sure we have some experience in the squad next year. No good just having a team of 22 year olds

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
        completely agree. I do however think we need to make sure we have some experience in the squad next year. No good just having a team of 22 year olds
        That's why I really hope Karl Henry stays.

Comment

36 appearances - 22 of those coming off the bench !

I agree with getting in younger players but Lambert is a proven goal machine and he is not another Zamora (who cannot shoot) or SWP (who is just a c**t) by a long stretch

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            If we truly have learned something after this diabolical season, then surely we cannot even consider a 33 year old to join us.
            You'd seriously say no to Lambert?...ok he's 33 but he's also got something to offer- goals!!...... Agree with that we need youngsters but we'll also need some older 1s- all about finding the right balance.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              You'd seriously say no to Lambert?...ok he's 33 but he's also got something to offer- goals!!...... Agree with that we need youngsters but we'll also need some older 1s- all about finding the right balance.
              He's 33 years old, so IF we win promotion this coming season, he will be 34 years old then. Its madness!

Comment

He's 33 years old, so IF we win promotion this coming season, he will be 34 years old then. Its madness!
                Will Keane is 22 and IF we win promotion he'll be 23....should we get him in?

Comment

Agree..he would be a good signing for us...still got a few years in him

Comment

Don't see the problem with giving Lambert a 1 year deal

Even if he's average we could still use him for League Cup games or that last 15 minutes of punting it in to the box when all else fails
                    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Will he stop scoring when he's 34?.....
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Zlatan Ibrahimović is still doing ok at 33
                        I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

"Won't win anything with kids"

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                            Don't see the problem with giving Lambert a 1 year deal

Even if he's average we could still use him for League Cup games or that last 15 minutes of punting it in to the box when all else fails
                            If we get him for the reported £2.5m then there's no way we'll put him on a 1 year deal. It will be 3 at least.

Comment

Will he stop scoring when he's 34?.....
                              He will stop scoring when and if we win promotion. Do you want to build our future on 33 years old players?

Comment

Working...
                              X