No announcement yet.

Released players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a funny old world, it really is. We release half a dozen, very high earning players who are at the end of their contracts (and almost without exception very old), there is talk of signing two Swindon players and suddenly we are a fabulously run club who are 'doing the business early'. Please. It's a no brainer for any team relegated from the Prem (except possibly us last time). It is a start, but just a small start. Let's keep the hyperbole under wraps for the time being and see what happens. Before anything else, we need to operate like a proper football club and these are encouraging steps that we might just be moving in that direction. That shambles down the road offloaded all their big earners but struggled mightily by introducing a whole load of young players light years ahead of any of ours – they had won the Prem U-21 and reached the Youth Cup Final but that didn't matter one jot in the Championship. So let's not get over excited by this youth plus hungry young players thing… we'll still need a few old dogs to get us out of the Championship.

Comment

• Difference is the players we are linked with have all played 2+ seasons first team football

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSwakeley View Post
        It's a funny old world, it really is. We release half a dozen, very high earning players who are at the end of their contracts (and almost without exception very old), there is talk of signing two Swindon players and suddenly we are a fabulously run club who are 'doing the business early'. Please. It's a no brainer for any team relegated from the Prem (except possibly us last time). It is a start, but just a small start. Let's keep the hyperbole under wraps for the time being and see what happens. Before anything else, we need to operate like a proper football club and these are encouraging steps that we might just be moving in that direction. That shambles down the road offloaded all their big earners but struggled mightily by introducing a whole load of young players light years ahead of any of ours – they had won the Prem U-21 and reached the Youth Cup Final but that didn't matter one jot in the Championship. So let's not get over excited by this youth plus hungry young players thing… we'll still need a few old dogs to get us out of the Championship.
        Erm...i dont see anyone getting overexcited or saying we're a fabulously run club.
        Quite a few saying its a refreshing situation to be in where we are trying to get business done early rather than waiting for deadline day, and some saying its a good start. And quite frankly it is.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Oh ginge don't spoil the knockers fun...no worries seems some are off to Wycombe anyway lol

Comment

• Having ramsey in charge of the first team is hardly what I define as refreshing.

Comment

It's a funny old world, it really is. We release half a dozen, very high earning players who are at the end of their contracts (and almost without exception very old), there is talk of signing two Swindon players and suddenly we are a fabulously run club who are 'doing the business early'. Please. It's a no brainer for any team relegated from the Prem (except possibly us last time). It is a start, but just a small start. Let's keep the hyperbole under wraps for the time being and see what happens. Before anything else, we need to operate like a proper football club and these are encouraging steps that we might just be moving in that direction. That shambles down the road offloaded all their big earners but struggled mightily by introducing a whole load of young players light years ahead of any of ours – they had won the Prem U-21 and reached the Youth Cup Final but that didn't matter one jot in the Championship. So let's not get over excited by this youth plus hungry young players thing… we'll still need a few old dogs to get us out of the Championship.
              Straw man tbf

Who's saying 'a fabulously run club'? I see people embracing potential moves in the right direction, ie bi earners off the wage bill, getting some business done early in the summer.

Don't take being happy to see something different happening, with thinking everything's fixed. That wuld be idiotic, yes, but no-one is thinking that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Erm...i dont see anyone getting overexcited or saying we're a fabulously run club.
                Quite a few saying its a refreshing situation to be in where we are trying to get business done early rather than waiting for deadline day, and some saying its a good start. And quite frankly it is.

Some people just can't be happy no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
                  Having ramsey in charge of the first team is hardly what I define as refreshing.
                  What about the fact that we have reduced our wage bill by a great deal in 1 day? And started to try and sign players early rather than leaving it late? Promising young players might i add. None of that makes a nice change?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Think all 4 of them will be sold though Stan!
                    unfortunately so do I which is why I am not enthusuatic about next season.
                    I suspect QPR are in for a long hard season as Fulham have just had as did Wolves 3 seasons ago. Not forgetting Blackburn Bolton Cardiff.
                    norwich kept most of their squad and won the play-offs.QPR got away with it 2 seasons ago, but will lightning strike twice?

Comment

well said.
                      This is why I wanted To keep Dunne and possibly Barton (on reduced terms and a big bonus if promoted again). Their experience could have proved vital.
                      QPRs youth players are nowhere near good enough and buying a few promising league 1 players will not produce a successful season especially under the guidance of Ramsey.

Comment

• Originally posted by KuPR View Post
                        Straw man tbf

Who's saying 'a fabulously run club'? I see people embracing potential moves in the right direction, ie bi earners off the wage bill, getting some business done early in the summer.

Don't take being happy to see something different happening, with thinking everything's fixed. That wuld be idiotic, yes, but no-one is thinking that.
                        No straw man… so I don't think you are being fair, to be fair.

I was embracing it too but with reservations – understandably so given the previous falls dawns we've been promised. I was reacting to posts on the first couple of pages saying yes this is great; sorry if I didn't paraphrase correctly. I was also reacting to the overall feel on other threads, which seems to be that Sir Les's brainwave of dumping all the old lags and focusing on youth will save the day. I really hope it does, I just pointed out that some bright spark at Fulham came up with the same plan after their relegation and they nearly went down again. Ginge also seems to be implying that I hate people to be happy, erm... I don't see myself doing that ANYWHERE; I was merely adding a bit of realism to the situation. Getting £400,000 or whatever it is off the wage bill is very good and it makes me a tiny bit happy but that's only a small step towards us even getting parity with our competitors. We seem to be behaving normally… finally. Oh, and forgive me for still being a tiny bit upset that we got relegated

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          What about the fact that we have reduced our wage bill by a great deal in 1 day? And started to try and sign players early rather than leaving it late? Promising young players might i add. None of that makes a nice change?
                          You can have the best players in the league but if they're set-up and led by someone who doesn't know his ar*e from his elbow then it'll still be a disaster
                          I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

• Thought we may have kept Dunne, & offered Joey a new reduced contract, but it looks like Ramsey is having a total clear out, just need to get some idiots to by Adel & Hoillett and then there,
                            Sadly I have no faith in Ramsey, when you see the amount of good managers that just become available for hire, I think we jumped the gun a bit

Comment

Fulham offloaded all their big earners? Like Scott Parker, Bryan Ruiz, Hugo Rodallega? Signed 11m Ross MCCormack?

Comment

• What makes me laugh is everyone has presumed we are just buying league 1 players now and that fer, Phillips and the likes of caulker and need have already been sold.

I think les and Ramsey are taking this club forward in the right direction. There not the fools so many of our fans want to make them out to be. Just yesterday Ramsey said he will be looking to add Steel and muscle to the side, players who are use to the rigours of the championship. To me that indicates we have targets who are use to playing this league. He also said QPR can not just go out and buy a load of youngsters and rely on them that it a bout getting a balance.

If we keep recruiting well, pick up a few decent players with champ experience plus the likes of the Swindon lads and keep Phillips caulker ect why are so many people panicking?

Comment

Working...
                                X