Anyone excited about next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone excited about next season?

I just wonder how other QPR fans are feeling about next season.
    I admire the loyal fans who travel up and down the country to support our club, which is run by irresponsible men whose heads are in the clouds. We have a chairman who comes across as a nice guy but ultimately all the decisions he makes end up being the wrong ones and are costly.
    Tony Fernandes has decided to stick with Chris Ramsey and I've got no idea why because QPR so desperately need a man who is a natural leader, who has experience of managing and who can mark his stamp of the dressing room. Chris Ramsey is a coach, not a manager, and he comes across as the kind of guy who is too nice. I just can't see how he'll be able to get players to graft for him because now that we have no money we'll need players who have characters like Clint Hill and Shaun Derry. Ramsey is the total opposite to Neil Warnock, who managed to get us promoted without hardly spending a penny.
    Although we accumulated more points this season compared to the season when Hughes and Harry took us down the last time we were in the Premier League, I still fancied our chances of bouncing straight back up. But I don't see how we can this time round. I have a feeling the attendances will drop quite significantly. Ramsey in his recent interviews has repeatedly suggested that the club want to establish themselves in the Championship on a sound financial footing, which sounds realistic, but that's not what the fans or players who want to join or who are at the club want to hear. QPR have gone from one extreme to the other. I love our fans but I've lost faith in those who are in charge of the club - Fernandes, Ferdinand and Ramsey.
    So I ask you, is there anything we can feel optimistic about for next season because I'm struggling here?

I am as excited as I was that time when I was totally unexcited.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I've just brought a new lawn mower!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Rugby World Cup in October?

Comment

we all need a long break, thank god the season is over

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            I've just brought a new lawn mower!
            Maybe it's the right time for me to get a dog

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              we all need a long break, thank god the season is over
              This. No. TF, Harry, Les and Terry have stolen my mojo.

Comment

Whats the inside of Tesco's like ?

Comment

Originally posted by sirles9 View Post
                  I just wonder how other QPR fans are feeling about next season.
                  I admire the loyal fans who travel up and down the country to support our club, which is run by irresponsible men whose heads are in the clouds. We have a chairman who comes across as a nice guy but ultimately all the decisions he makes end up being the wrong ones and are costly.
                  Tony Fernandes has decided to stick with Chris Ramsey and I've got no idea why because QPR so desperately need a man who is a natural leader, who has experience of managing and who can mark his stamp of the dressing room. Chris Ramsey is a coach, not a manager, and he comes across as the kind of guy who is too nice. I just can't see how he'll be able to get players to graft for him because now that we have no money we'll need players who have characters like Clint Hill and Shaun Derry. Ramsey is the total opposite to Neil Warnock, who managed to get us promoted without hardly spending a penny.
                  Although we accumulated more points this season compared to the season when Hughes and Harry took us down the last time we were in the Premier League, I still fancied our chances of bouncing straight back up. But I don't see how we can this time round. I have a feeling the attendances will drop quite significantly. Ramsey in his recent interviews has repeatedly suggested that the club want to establish themselves in the Championship on a sound financial footing, which sounds realistic, but that's not what the fans or players who want to join or who are at the club want to hear. QPR have gone from one extreme to the other. I love our fans but I've lost faith in those who are in charge of the club - Fernandes, Ferdinand and Ramsey.
                  So I ask you, is there anything we can feel optimistic about for next season because I'm struggling here?

the sacking of coach ramsey
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Yeah the club is going to cleansed and players who actually want to be at QPR who want to achieve and succee to be brought in.
                    I'm extremely excited about next year. I think les and Chris will piece this club back together I. The right way and I'm not bothered of that takes 1,2 or 3 years.
                    However I'm optimistic as I don't think all our star players will go and we will keep a decent spine ie McCarthy, caulker, yun, Phillips and possibly for or Sandro. If we add sensibly to that lot we will have a good crack at the league next year Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      Yeah the club is going to cleansed and players who actually want to be at QPR who want to achieve and succee to be brought in.
                      I'm extremely excited about next year. I think les and Chris will piece this club back together I. The right way and I'm not bothered of that takes 1,2 or 3 years.
                      However I'm optimistic as I don't think all our star players will go and we will keep a decent spine ie McCarthy, caulker, yun, Phillips and possibly for or Sandro. If we add sensibly to that lot we will have a good crack at the league next year Imo.
                      Another top down to earth post from you again Maids... if I could put a late entry in for poster of the season I would with you taking my vote. Top man
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        I think you are being very optimistic in having your faith in Les and Ramsey piecing the club together.
                        I think it is more likely QPR will drop down another division and it will be about 10-15 years before getti g back to the premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Another top down to earth post from you again Maids... if I could put a late entry in for poster of the season I would with you taking my vote. Top man
                          Cheers Nick much appreciated mate

Just think everyone's highly emotional right now and rightly so. However we actually have 5 or 6 players who ,are for the championship and if kept we have decent spine to build on.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            I think you are being very optimistic in having your faith in Les and Ramsey piecing the club together.
                            I think it is more likely QPR will drop down another division and it will be about 10-15 years before getti g back to the premiership.
                            You free next season for pre match team talks?
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Why though, what are they saying that doesn't give you faith?

Do you. It like the fact they are talking about putting foundations in, not overspending on wages and only going after the best up and coming players from the championship and lower leagues? What is it about that that depresses you?

Comment

Working...
                              X