Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts one year on this weekend

Getting ready for Wembley and then...

just watched the highlights of the playoff final on sky sports. What an amazing day! Still makes me a bit emotional. Was just thinking while watching it, how fate works in mysterious ways, we lost the playoff final against cardiff in cardiff with a late goal (extra time) and then beat derby in london with a last minute winner. Karma maybe

Comment

My thoughts;

A wasted opportunity and how can you go from absolute joy to absolute deflation. That's football and its deinately QPR
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Thought if we'd go up we'd come straight back down again.

Comment

Agree in a sense Herts but I would say that the joy experienced at the playoff final far outweighs the deflation of this season (at least because relegation was on the cards for a while and I was never content with Redknapp and whether he was capable of keeping us up). That was a once in a lifetime experience (10 men, outplayed, last minute winner, playoff final, Wembley) and I am firm believer life is about those special moments and experiences

Comment

Despite just struggling to get up and regardless of HRs 'we only had 8 players for pre season' crap we never seemed to have taken it seriously.

Why if HR knew we didn't have enough players didn't he get them in sooner? I personally dont believe the bo!!ocks about struggling to get players as the ones we signed weren't frees or cheap. It was in general a urine attempt at staying up and in most part I'm sure HR must have given assurances to the board that he had the players required to do the job.

Incredible naivety that the strikers we had were enough even if Remy had stayed.

In this regards I can't help feel a DOF in place would have questioned this.

We don't even have the excuse that we were trying to do it on the cheap so that debts could be repaid.

Hopefully the club have learnt and the same mistakes will never again be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              Agree in a sense Herts but I would say that the joy experienced at the playoff final far outweighs the deflation of this season (at least because relegation was on the cards for a while and I was never content with Redknapp and whether he was capable of keeping us up). That was a once in a lifetime experience (10 men, outplayed, last minute winner, playoff final, Wembley) and I am firm believer life is about those special moments and experiences
              With you on that mate. One of the best days of my life to be honest, wouldn't swap it for comfortably staying up this season.

What I would do to relive that day!
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

http://deadspin.com/bbc-announcer-go...-wi-1581083245

the fat guy... i'd forgotten all about the fat guy, he makes me enjoy watching it so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  This.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    With you on that mate. One of the best days of my life to be honest, wouldn't swap it for comfortably staying up this season.

What I would do to relive that day!
                    You know it mate. That day will be spoken about for years among qpr fans. Was watching the highlights of the game earlier and hadnt realised we only had 1 shot on target the whole game. Makes it even sweeter!

"...Oh Bobby Zamoraaa"

Comment

There's not a day goes by when I don't think about that wonderful day at Wembley, I was stunned and lost for words when that goal went in! After we went down to 10 men and they were bossing us I figured it was a matter of time before they scored and my Wembley experience would end in disappointment as it did in 86, it's almost as if football owed me this after all of the heartbreaks over the years! I will never forget the feeling of what's next, at Loftus Road the next day when I read "We are Premier League" I really didn't think we were well prepared to stay up although with some of the signings I think we should have at least been more competetive! Relegation will not take away my fantastic trip to London, the first in 24 years and that magic Wembley moment!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

At the final whistle I said to a pal that Redknapp should gracefully retire or we will come straight back down.............................................. ...

Comment

Best day of my life and i dont even care we didnt stay up, we got that special special day and all the dough and still three more years of parachute payments. So if we get back up in three years we have done well.

Comment

How can I download this moment as my ringtone, I would absolutely love it.

Comment

Who says we won't be back at Wembley very soon, would love another day like that. The singing on the trains with my mates was immense, and the look on the Derby fans faces even better!

Comment

Working...
                              X