Fine? Appeal? Transfers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine? Appeal? Transfers?

I'm sure I've seen somewhere that Ferdinand has said that once the FFP outcome is known we will decide on who our transfer targets are etc. This could mean losing out on targets, leaving things to the last minute etc

I thought we would appeal any significant fine? The last thing we want is to be inactive in the transfer market - leave things to the last minute (like this season) and be behind other clubs

Now we know our fate we should be active active active - we should have 5 or 6 younger players from the championship and below in talks - I fear that this is not the case and we are on 'hold'

Does anyone know specifics with this FFP thing hanging over us - proper facts , dates , appeal process etc ?

I hear not until October... So we can't hang about!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Cheers Facto - does that mean we can do what we want in this transfer window? If that's the case then it certainly isn't doom and gloom

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        I hear not until October... So we can't hang about!
        Oh thats blinding news to be honest.

Comment

Whatever we do has to still fall in line with championship FFP current limits? Plus the parachute payment allowance

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
            Whatever we do has to still fall in line with championship FFP current limits? Plus the parachute payment allowance
            What we do now is assessed next year I believe, so roll on fine#2

Comment

If this isn't resolved until October it might be a massive favour!!

I said on another thread that the likeliest outcome is probably a embargo which other clubs have suffered in the championship for breaching the new rule.

With all the players out of contract and the rebuilding job needed if we got a embargo from the start of July we would be screwed.

Comment

Isn't the embargo if you don't pay the fine? And we would pay it if and whatever it is?

Comment

Yes he did an interview this week which said the club can't plan for next season with regards to offering new contracts or buying players until the results of FFP are known. Hopefully this isn't true as the answer could take a while coming in which case another ridiculous pre-season and panic buying could lay ahead.

Comment

Working...
                  X