Usual kneejerk reactions on there I see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usual kneejerk reactions on there I see

Has been an awful season but there is no point having continual kneejerk reactions every time we lose.

We all know the issues. The club have gone so far as to admit the issues and are actively changing the set up and culture at the club. That was never going to bear fruit this side of the summer transfer window. People have criticised TF for not being a footballing man and making too many mistakes. He has appointed a footballing man, Les, as Director of Football. People have criticised the fact that Philip Beard was not a footballing man. He has gone and new CEO to be announced. People have complained about the type of player we have bought. The new culture is to bring hungry players in who see QPR as a step up as opposed to people looking for a final pay day who see us as a step down. Our youth system has been a disaster. A lot of effort being put in to change that.

The majority of over 30s at the club will be out of contract and gone. The Premiership is fast paced, our squad of golden oldies was always going to be a challenge, try very hard as some of them did!

Afraid Project QPR is a long term project and we as fans are impatient and don't like being beat most weeks. Is only natural and I personally haven't enjoyed much about last few years, save Wembley and the odd other result like winning at Chelsea a couple of years back. However 'Arry has gone, the club seem to have accepted their mistakes and seem like decent people (with money!). We could be an awful lot worse off.

PS - should obviously be 'on here' in title but can't change it.

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Has been an awful season but there is no point having continual kneejerk reactions every time we lose.

We all know the issues. The club have gone so far as to admit the issues and are actively changing the set up and culture at the club. That was never going to bear fruit this side of the summer transfer window. People have criticised TF for not being a footballing man and making too many mistakes. He has appointed a footballing man, Les, as Director of Football. People have criticised the fact that Philip Beard was not a footballing man. He has gone and new CEO to be announced. People have complained about the type of player we have bought. The new culture is to bring hungry players in who see QPR as a step up as opposed to people looking for a final pay day who see us as a step down. Our youth system has been a disaster. A lot of effort being put in to change that.

The majority of over 30s at the club will be out of contract and gone. The Premiership is fast paced, our squad of golden oldies was always going to be a challenge, try very hard as some of them did!

Afraid Project QPR is a long term project and we as fans are impatient and don't like being beat most weeks. Is only natural and I personally haven't enjoyed much about last few years, save Wembley and the odd other result like winning at Chelsea a couple of years back. However 'Arry has gone, the club seem to have accepted their mistakes and seem like decent people (with money!). We could be an awful lot worse off.

PS - should obviously be 'on here' in title but can't change it.
    We are exactly the same now as we were when he took over. Different faces, same old problems. Personally getting a little sick of do-gooders telling me that the culture is going to change, and that I'm impatient after waiting since 2011 for any improvement at the football club, to no avail. It isn't really a "kneejerk" reaction after 4 seasons.

Comment

Good post and agree with most of that. It's why I don't want to see a knee jerk reaction to the Ramsey and Les combo as I believe for the first time under tf' tenure we actually have a tea, in place who want to build solid foundations.

Comment

Working...
      X