No announcement yet.

Do we have the oldest bunch of players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have the oldest bunch of players?

Green, Ferdinand, Dunne, Hill, Barton, Henry, Zamora, Krancjar, SWP.....they have one thing in common. All passed the 30+ age, which make them veterans. Make you wonder why we were the slowest team in the Prem this season and why we always tires near the end and concede goals! Its normal for us that SIX of those make the first eleven in every game!

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Green, Ferdinand, Dunne, Hill, Barton, Henry, Zamora, Krancjar, SWP.....they have one thing in common. All passed the 30+ age, which make them veterans. Make you wonder why we were the slowest team in the Prem this season and why we always tires near the end and concede goals! Its normal for us that SIX of those make the first eleven in every game!
    As I mentioned at the time,our average age against Liverpool was 29 and Liverpool's was 23.

Comment

It's been the hallmark of the Tony Fernandes era.......aging players on too much money.

This is why I'm behind Chris Ramsey, as a guy from a youth setup background he will 100% give younger players a chance. It's our only hope of ever getting back into the top flight under FFP, develop youth & sign good talent from the lower leagues. Personally I trust Ramsey and Ferdinand to get the scouting and coaching system right!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        interesting that when the goals are conceded that lose us the game i.e in the last 5 mins when these veterans are tired they are not normally on the pitch..they have been substituted or have have been substituted on...i don't think there has been a single game this season that six have played in every game for the full 90 mins. the mistakes that have cost us goals come from the younger players and a lack of concentration.

should the team have been made up of Pirilo , xavi , carrick, gerrard, Lampard , drogba , distan, terry, all veterans

its not age its intelligence and concentration
        Last edited by 3London; 08-05-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X