Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration or is it really bad?

Morning,

I haven't posted in a while, mainly because I haven't had enough time on my hands to get my opinion across... Although reading the forum of late has given me reason to and really because I too find my self frustrated and concerned, however I cant but feel it isn't that bad.

After reading TF's twitter session last night, my opening statement would be this.

"In all fairness to the guy / our chairman, he is open, he is clearly trying and he clearly does want to achieve and do well for us"

Now don't get me wrong by no means am I saying as a chairman has he done a great job, but as an owner I think he is trying his up-most for us. My one example would be the fact that we are looking to change the badge (Seems like a poll on twitter will take place..could be wrong) but although this isn't a high priority he is listening to us fans and will change it if the majority want to do so.

The Debt: This could really be a media hyped story with very little truth in it. Again I'm not saying there is no truth but to the extent we are hearing, Im going to sit on the fence or at least with the owner on this one.

The squad: Ok this has been probably the main talking point / cause for concern. Yep we signed the wrong players in places (mainly our second year in the prem) but we've worked on that and turned a small corner. Again I'm not entirely sure we can all sit here and act like we wasnt happy at the time and by no means totally blame TF for spending a load of money whether it was on a pile of crap.

Staff: Yep some will argue Managers have been our issue, at the time Mark Hughes was a good manager, Harry somehow got us promoted etc. Again Hughes got the sack eventually and rightly so and Harry left but I think he knew his time was well up.

I honestly cant see why we are slagging Tony off so badly. I can think of several clubs with awful structure, managers owners and chairman who quite honestly don't give a flying ####. Just look at Blackpool guys...

Anyway, If Tony was to leave completely things could be a lot worse so maybe give him a break as some of our issues come down to the frustration that we are building up. (Before you say, I am truly gutted about this season but I am also glad we didn't spend too much to survive in Jan to be perfectly honest look what happened last time...I'll Samba know more)

Great post mate, agree with you totally.

Comment

I quite like tony, but the comment about 3 out of 4 seasons in the prem was stupid. 1st season was mainly flav's team and manager where we stayed up. His two seasons were pretty much unmitigated disasters

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
        I quite like tony, but the comment about 3 out of 4 seasons in the prem was stupid. 1st season was mainly flav's team and manager where we stayed up. His two seasons were pretty much unmitigated disasters
        Flav's team? Barton, SWP, Anton, Traore, Cisse, Luke Young, Chief, Onuoha, Taiwo, Diakite. Those were all Signed for the first team and played there most of the season by Tony Fernandes. Neil Warnock was only manager for half the season and Mark Hughes - despite being a pr@t - was the one who kept us up. Thats 10 players in and around the first team who were Fernandes signings.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
          Morning,

I haven't posted in a while, mainly because I haven't had enough time on my hands to get my opinion across... Although reading the forum of late has given me reason to and really because I too find my self frustrated and concerned, however I cant but feel it isn't that bad.

After reading TF's twitter session last night, my opening statement would be this.

"In all fairness to the guy / our chairman, he is open, he is clearly trying and he clearly does want to achieve and do well for us"

Now don't get me wrong by no means am I saying as a chairman has he done a great job, but as an owner I think he is trying his up-most for us. My one example would be the fact that we are looking to change the badge (Seems like a poll on twitter will take place..could be wrong) but although this isn't a high priority he is listening to us fans and will change it if the majority want to do so.

The Debt: This could really be a media hyped story with very little truth in it. Again I'm not saying there is no truth but to the extent we are hearing, Im going to sit on the fence or at least with the owner on this one.

The squad: Ok this has been probably the main talking point / cause for concern. Yep we signed the wrong players in places (mainly our second year in the prem) but we've worked on that and turned a small corner. Again I'm not entirely sure we can all sit here and act like we wasnt happy at the time and by no means totally blame TF for spending a load of money whether it was on a pile of crap.

Staff: Yep some will argue Managers have been our issue, at the time Mark Hughes was a good manager, Harry somehow got us promoted etc. Again Hughes got the sack eventually and rightly so and Harry left but I think he knew his time was well up.

I honestly cant see why we are slagging Tony off so badly. I can think of several clubs with awful structure, managers owners and chairman who quite honestly don't give a flying ####. Just look at Blackpool guys...

Anyway, If Tony was to leave completely things could be a lot worse so maybe give him a break as some of our issues come down to the frustration that we are building up. (Before you say, I am truly gutted about this season but I am also glad we didn't spend too much to survive in Jan to be perfectly honest look what happened last time...I'll Samba know more)
          Top post, couldn't agree more

Comment

'Random' is the word that springs to mind when I think about how our club has been run in the last few seasons.

Fernandes, it appears to me, took over the club but his attention has been focused elsewhere. Every couple of months or so the QPR pot boils over, he rushes over and shouts "What do you want? Players? Here, go get a few!" as he tosses a couple of caseloads of cash in the door as he jets off.

Next time it's a new manager. "There you go, that should see you right!.."

The pattern is repeated with promises of a new stadium and training ground, and platitudes about keeping the faith and it ain't over till it's over.
            There doesn't appear to be a plan, a top down vision imposed on those in positions of power at the club.
            I don't think we will get it right at QPR until the man at the top recognises that.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
              'Random' is the word that springs to mind when I think about how our club has been run in the last few seasons.

Fernandes, it appears to me, took over the club but his attention has been focused elsewhere. Every couple of months or so the QPR pot boils over, he rushes over and shouts "What do you want? Players? Here, go get a few!" as he tosses a couple of caseloads of cash in the door as he jets off.

Next time it's a new manager. "There you go, that should see you right!.."

The pattern is repeated with promises of a new stadium and training ground, and platitudes about keeping the faith and it ain't over till it's over.
              There doesn't appear to be a plan, a top down vision imposed on those in positions of power at the club.
              I don't think we will get it right at QPR until the man at the top recognises that.
              Cant help but think this just answers exactly what I am saying.

1. Frustration
              2. Suddenly unhappy with a chairman and owner who gives every manager the backing and buys players to the cries of the fans.

Sorry.. but? What on earth do you want?

Money doesn't solve everything, but not many clubs go up based on not having anything... Even Bournemouth spent cash to some extent.

Comment

Some good points to discuss qpr4life, there certainly is a whole lot of frustration on here, come by more often!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  Morning,

Great post, I wholeheartedly agree.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                  X