X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neil warnock anybody?
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Ramsey has to go. And Bond. We need the new experienced man, whoever it is, in by the end of May. Everything follows from that.

Comment

Well we go to the championship.

What we need to be is sensible with the clear out. We have some players who are made for the championship but just can't cut it at prem level.

My personal opinion would be keep a decent spine -

MCCarthy
        Caulker
        Yun
        Furlong
        Dunne
        Phillips - has to be a key player for us
        Sandro - if no one comes in what a asset in the championship
        Henry - squad player. Not a starter but knows the league and his experience could be used at certain points
        Adel - again I understand a lot will disagree but he's made for this league imo.
        Faurlin - nit sentimental at all - would offer a pay as you okay deal. 1 year deal very low basic and I am talking 2-3 g which is topped up to a championship players wage of around 10k per week if he plays.

Barton - undecided. If he was prepared to take massive wage drop then why not a year deal. Won't be loads of clubs queuing up for him offering 30k a week plus. I thin 15-20 k a week then maybe.

We have some decent youngsters who need to be around the first team next year like cox, petrasso, exhmer, doughty, Sutherland and forgot the other ones name. Robinson should be back around Xmas to.

Would sell

Green
        Onohua - on big wages and prem clubs interested.
        Charlie
        Fer - would love to keep him but think more clubs would be interested in taking him then Sandro.
        Hoilett - pretty much need to give him away.
        Traore- get off wage bill
        Zamora - cheers for the last 12 months fella but time to retire

With that in mind it's again a massive rebuilding job. We need at least 2 new strikers of a decent pedigree and prob another 1 on top of cox.
        We need a rb to compete with furlong and a decent cb who's decent championship level and could possibly move onto pre, standard. 2 wingers at least is a priority and a youngish cm with legs a forward pass in him would be necessary to.

That's 7 new players at least and a case could be made for 2 or 3 more. It's time to have a clear out and spend money on players aged between 18'-25 who will be with us for the next 3,4 or 5 years. No more mercenaries. Don't want to see the team full of loans to.

As for Ramsey I wouldn't mind him getting a chance. The players all seem to like him and we've played alright under him. Think the fact is we haven't got a perm standard squad and Harry's buys, lack of tactics and the boards refusal to go and get what we needed in jan pretty much sealed the deal.

I think Ramsey given the summer and some backing would concentrate on developing youth, buying the right types and playing attacking football.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Get rid of Ramsey. Get in a decent coach with experience. McLaren or Big Sam. Sell Charlie ASAP, retire Bobby, and get some decent strikers in who are effective in playing for the team. Send the Chileans back. Keep Fer, Sandro, Philllips and Joey. Especially Joey. Buy three full backs. And a ball playing championship midfielder. Ask Adel to shape up or get out.
          I agree with every part of this. I would love us to keep those 4 but realistically I think we may only be able to keep 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

What we need to be is sensible with the clear out. We have some players who are made for the championship but just can't cut it at prem level.

MCCarthy
            Caulker
            Yun
            Furlong
            Dunne
            Henry - squad player. Not a starter but knows the league and his experience could be used at certain points
            Adel - again I understand a lot will disagree but he's made for this league imo.
            Faurlin - nit sentimental at all - would offer a pay as you okay deal. 1 year deal very low basic and I am talking 2-3 g which is topped up to a championship players wage of around 10k per week if he plays.

Barton - undecided. If he was prepared to take massive wage drop then why not a year deal. Won't be loads of clubs queuing up for him offering 30k a week plus. I thin 15-20 k a week then maybe.

We have some decent youngsters who need to be around the first team next year like cox, petrasso, exhmer, doughty, Sutherland and forgot the other ones name. Robinson should be back around Xmas to.

Would sell

Green
            Charlie
            Fer - would love to keep him but think more clubs would be interested in taking him then Sandro.

With that in mind it's again a massive rebuilding job. We need at least 2 new strikers of a decent pedigree and prob another 1 on top of cox.
            We need a rb to compete with furlong and a decent cb who's decent championship level and could possibly move onto pre, standard. 2 wingers at least is a priority and a youngish cm with legs a forward pass in him would be necessary to.

That's 7 new players at least and a case could be made for 2 or 3 more. It's time to have a clear out and spend money on players aged between 18'-25 who will be with us for the next 3,4 or 5 years. No more mercenaries. Don't want to see the team full of loans to.

As for Ramsey I wouldn't mind him getting a chance. The players all seem to like him and we've played alright under him. Think the fact is we haven't got a perm standard squad and Harry's buys, lack of tactics and the boards refusal to go and get what we needed in jan pretty much sealed the deal.

I think Ramsey given the summer and some backing would concentrate on developing youth, buying the right types and playing attacking football.
            Top post. Out of interest, what is your view on Fernandes? Also, who would you like to see us bring in? I'd personally love to see us sign Rhodes and Gestede with the Austin money.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

MCCarthy
              Caulker
              Yun
              Furlong
              Dunne

Would sell

Green
              Charlie

Much of that is persuasive, bar the keep Ramsey bit. It's essential he go and a proven manager comes in. Absolutely essential. He's not up to the job. I wouldn't trust him with a transfer budget. Think Les ought get the boot too.

Comment

I would like us to bring in Joshua King from Blackburn. He is a very promising striker/ winger who needs a bit of coaching though.

I can´t see neither Gestede nor Rhodes will jump ship for a team in the same League. Anyway, maybe we should try and bring in Patrick Bamford. He is a Londoner by birth, isen´t he?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                  Top post. Out of interest, what is your view on Fernandes? Also, who would you like to see us bring in? I'd personally love to see us sign Rhodes and Gestede with the Austin money.
                  My view with Fernandez is mixed tbh. He didn't invest in qpr out of love. It was down to the old oak project and the only worry I have atm is tf seems to have become a bit colder towards qpr since the old oak project has hit snags.
                  I do think he has a certain affiliation with the club now built up and the best thing he's done is bring les in. To me that's the first step I've seen from him that makes me think he might actually be listening and talking to the right people now.

We will lean a lot this summer. If we go down the same rout of quick fixes or he might walk way altogether then we know the blokes a pleb but I actually think we will see investment int the right places this time and Ramsey will stay on.

Think gestede would be a great buy but think will go prem. actually think Rhodes is achievable but I don't think we will pay the 8 mill or so to get him.
                  Good players in the championship. Lansbury from Forrest as cm would be a good signing. There's a couple of lads from Brentford I wouldn't mind nicking. Gray and the lad on loan from Spurs there.
                  I like the striker at Wolves I think it's afobe. Also bid for the young lad at palace plays up top use to be at Peterborough. What about you?

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    I would like us to bring in Joshua King from Blackburn. He is a very promising striker/ winger who needs a bit of coaching though.

I can´t see neither Gestede nor Rhodes will jump ship for a team in the same League. Anyway, maybe we should try and bring in Patrick Bamford. He is a Londoner by birth, isen´t he?

King is a great shout. Raw but him and Phillips in the wing would be good. If Middlesbrough don't go up looking at some of their defenders would be a good shout. Ayala, friend have been outstanding and we were actually linked with the lad Kalas in jan and didn't know to much about him. He's from scum but went there on loan and he's looked a good player at that level.

Comment

Aside from Gestede and Rhodes (in reality maybe only one of them is achievable), I'd like us to have a look at Bakary Sako from Wolves, who would compliment Philips nicely on the wing (both strong, direct dribblers.) Andre Grey is a great shout, not least because we'd be weakening our irritating neighbours. Bamford would be very useful as well, but it's looking ike he'll be a PL player next season. The most important thing for me is that we get all business (both ins and outs) sorted early in the summer. A hallmark of Fernandes' reign is that we have been indecisive and poorly organised, which has carried into the season proper. We need to formulate a plan early this season, and stick to it. We need a settled, fit squad and a manager who has a good few months to work with the players if we are going to come back at the first time of asking.

Comment

Keep Ramsey

Mccarthy to be number 1

Fernandes stay on board but step aside.

Mittals / Amit more control

Keep Dunne, Hill, Henry for championship.

Say goodbye to Barton & Adel, SWP & Green and move forward with a modest hard working squad.

Comment

You look at most of top 8 in championship there littered with pace and movement which we lack where we going to get that from

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            You look at most of top 8 in championship there littered with pace and movement which we lack where we going to get that from
                            Spurs youth team lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              Keep Ramsey

Mccarthy to be number 1

Fernandes stay on board but step aside.

Mittals / Amit more control

Keep Dunne, Hill, Henry for championship.

Say goodbye to Barton & Adel, SWP & Green and move forward with a modest hard working squad.
                              I honestly had no idea they still owned a share in the club tbh. They seem to have absolutely zero invlvement as far as I can tell. With that said, personally I would like Mittal to buy out Fernandes and put Amit in charge. That was how it was going to be before Amit resigned during the Bernie and Flavio era anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                                Aside from Gestede and Rhodes (in reality maybe only one of them is achievable), I'd like us to have a look at Bakary Sako from Wolves, who would compliment Philips nicely on the wing (both strong, direct dribblers.) Andre Grey is a great shout, not least because we'd be weakening our irritating neighbours. Bamford would be very useful as well, but it's looking ike he'll be a PL player next season. The most important thing for me is that we get all business (both ins and outs) sorted early in the summer. A hallmark of Fernandes' reign is that we have been indecisive and poorly organised, which has carried into the season proper. We need to formulate a plan early this season, and stick to it. We need a settled, fit squad and a manager who has a good few months to work with the players if we are going to come back at the first time of asking.

Completely agree that business needs to be done sharpish. Get the majority of players signed by the time pre season starts or certainly the first tour.
                                Like sako a lot but will go prem imp as out of contract.

Agree with the comment about pace in the championship. We need to buy two pacey wingers for the squad to compliment Phillips. But the last think we need is another hoilett. No point signing a sprinter. We need someone with a end delivery.

Think it's about time we signed a striker who can stretch defenders too. Would love gestede and afobe or Gayle.

Comment

Working...
                                X