Matt Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
    You are deluded if you think we have any chance of keeping our best players. We have a very slim chance of keeping Phillips and Caulker but Austin and Fer will definitely leave and most likely Phillips.

I think if we can get away with only losing these 3 we will have done well. Also for Austin, Fer and Phillips we should be demanding a minimum of £30 million (in total).
    I think it isn't too ludicrous to keep 3 of those 4. that being said, should we lose them, why would we accept anything less than 16 for austin and 10 for Matty since they are both Home Grown and with prem experience and for the third, assuming fer, we shouldn't make a loss on him so 10 minimum would be our starting and caulker will probs get 10 too.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
      You are deluded if you think we have any chance of keeping our best players. We have a very slim chance of keeping Phillips and Caulker but Austin and Fer will definitely leave and most likely Phillips.

I think if we can get away with only losing these 3 we will have done well. Also for Austin, Fer and Phillips we should be demanding a minimum of £30 million (in total).
      Norwich and Newcastle managed to do it. Norwich managed to keep hold of Ruddy who was in the England squad. Our owners are not here to be struggling in the Championship, I believe we will do our best to keep the best players are the club (Austin will 100% go though).

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Phillips and Austin should both stay next season regardless of division, see how we progress and if we are not looking likely for promotion, slap in transfer requests in the January window. They are both contracted to us and both on (im assuming) decent wages so whats the rush to go and sit on a bench at Southampton?

Of course though, the real world dictates that this will never happen.
        I thought Austin's contract is coming to an end

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Norwich and Newcastle managed to do it. Norwich managed to keep hold of Ruddy who was in the England squad. Our owners are not here to be struggling in the Championship, I believe we will do our best to keep the best players are the club (Austin will 100% go though).
          Players like Austin and Fer who imho are considered to good for the Championship will be sold if we go down, no two ways about it, they'll be gone..... But players who are in between championship and premiership level, players like Phillips, Caulker, Yun are all players we must try our hardest to keep hold of. These are all players that have premiership quality's that will add much needed class/talent to the team. That with a mix of relatively inexperience players that'll sooner or later be coming in from lower divisions and our youth players, will also help bolster our squad... I just hope IF we go down we dont see a completely different side to what we have at the moment.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I think Fer, Caulker, Ned, Diake, Yun,Phillips, MCCarthy and a few of the the young guys, I think Austin will go unfortunately.
            Kept the faith!

Comment

What ever happens money will have to be spent. Could potentially have to buy a brand new strike force.

Comment

Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
                I thought Austin's contract is coming to an end
                June 2016

Comment

Are the FA going to allow us to buy players if we are in the championship?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Are the FA going to allow us to buy players if we are in the championship?
                    All the more reason to keep the current crop!

Comment

If we can't buy players, why are we going to sell any. Surely agents and players will understand this.

Comment

I don't think it's delusional at all to keep our best Players. I agree 1 or two will have to be shifted but some will definitely be kept.
                        If the worst happens from a championship perspective if we kept - McCarthy, yun, ned, caulker, Sandro, (Barton - renegotiated deal for a championship player), Henry, faurlin (pay when you play) Phillips - he owes us.. Lots of injuries and was almost chucked under Harry, it's Ramsey who has given him the platform to shine. Add to the mix some of our younger players ie furlong, cox, pettrasso, Sutherland ect... We have a decent spine.

If we lose Austin with a year left on his contract so be it he deserves the move. If someone want to take green and we can lose the 40k a week wages it not a problem with McCarty more than capable of stepping up.
                        Shame about fer but he might have to be sold to fund 2 or 3 new signings along with Austin to balance the books. Add adel, htoilett to that as well!!

2 strikers will be a must and I would also say 2 wingers though still can't make my mind up about Traore playing as a winger!!

But I will bet money it won't be a massive clear out we will keep a fair few and I personally think Phillips will be a qpr player no matter what division next season unless illy money is offered.

Comment

Southampton have a lot of money and we should try to get as much as possible from them. Can't see him stay If we go down.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

youseff did you find a fiver but lose a tenner?
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X