Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Some very optimistic folks on here.

We're more or less down in my opinion. Can't see anything less than 3 wins being enough and I just cannot see it happening!
    Completely disagree. You seriously think the five teams in the mix are going to start winning every week? You say we have to win 3 games, 35 points to even have a chance.

Leicester need 3 wins and a draw to get 35 points.
    Burnley need 3 wins.
    We need 3 wins.
    Hull need two wins and a draw
    Sunderland need two wins.

People suddenly think things change regarding form, that's true but it doesn't happen with a few games to go, it's more sustained. I give you Leicester and ourselves. We started picking up points when it was needed.

Burnley have scored 1 in 6 games. People will point to the opposition but Burnley have created and scored all season apart from the start. They've been playing for their lives from day one, what's going to change? Nailed on relegation for me.

Hull are in terrible form and have an absolutely shocking run in. They struggle to create and score goals. Anyone who was at the game against us in February knows how bad they are. They may nick a win, maybe a draw or two but, I can't see them returning 7 points from their remaining games.

Sunderland are similar to Hull in that they create very little and when they do create a chance, they generally miss. The difference between Hull and Sunderland is defensively, Sunderland are terrible. If Sunderland concede first, it's virtually game over. Sunderland fans are terrible if they're not winning after 20 minutes and the players don't want the ball and look nervous, a recipe for disaster in a relegation battle when you need to be brave. 6 points from their remaining games? Not for me.

35 points will comfortably be enough but can we win three games? I feel we have perfect fixtures remaining at home, you couldn't hand pick two better games. Leicester could be huge but given Burnley will already be relegated by then in my opinion and Sunderland away against Chelsea, Hull against United, it might be irrelevant.

Burnley, Sunderland and Hull to go down, 7 points to keep Rangers in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Some very optimistic folks on here.

We're more or less down in my opinion. Can't see anything less than 3 wins being enough and I just cannot see it happening!
      I think we can get something at Liverpool and Man City though as there season will be over with nothing to fight for.
      Players will be looking to stay Injury Free to move away.

Can't see Sterling, Yaya Toure, Aguero being at there clubs next season.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
        I think we can get something at Liverpool and Man City though as there season will be over with nothing to fight for.

I disagree they have nothing to play for" Liverpool are in better form than city and they have an outside chance off 4th place
        You Rsssssss

Comment

They could be playing for a place in Europe. Even so, they are so much better than us that it is hard to see us getting anything from these two games regardless. So, three winnable matches and three wins required to stay up (I believe). Possible, but highly unlikely. I'm guessing we will get 4 points from our last 5 matches.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Anything that can go wrong really has this season. Injuries and last minute goals and dodgy ref decisions. True to the rangers life we have always lived. For that reason ive voted zero chance, cos today was a robbery and showed it isnt our season imo.
            ^^^^.... Sadly....

Comment

Both will have plenty to play for, it's too early to down tools. Liverpool will still be eyeing fourth while City will be trying to keep Liverpool at bay and also catch United for third place to avoid a champions league play off. May nick a point if we're lucky but, no points for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                Completely disagree. You seriously think the five teams in the mix are going to start winning every week? You say we have to win 3 games, 35 points to even have a chance.

Leicester need 3 wins and a draw to get 35 points.
                Burnley need 3 wins.
                We need 3 wins.
                Hull need two wins and a draw
                Sunderland need two wins.

People suddenly think things change regarding form, that's true but it doesn't happen with a few games to go, it's more sustained. I give you Leicester and ourselves. We started picking up points when it was needed.

Burnley have scored 1 in 6 games. People will point to the opposition but Burnley have created and scored all season apart from the start. They've been playing for their lives from day one, what's going to change? Nailed on relegation for me.

Hull are in terrible form and have an absolutely shocking run in. They struggle to create and score goals. Anyone who was at the game against us in February knows how bad they are. They may nick a win, maybe a draw or two but, I can't see them returning 7 points from their remaining games.

Sunderland are similar to Hull in that they create very little and when they do create a chance, they generally miss. The difference between Hull and Sunderland is defensively, Sunderland are terrible. If Sunderland concede first, it's virtually game over. Sunderland fans are terrible if they're not winning after 20 minutes and the players don't want the ball and look nervous, a recipe for disaster in a relegation battle when you need to be brave. 6 points from their remaining games? Not for me.

35 points will comfortably be enough but can we win three games? I feel we have perfect fixtures remaining at home, you couldn't hand pick two better games. Leicester could be huge but given Burnley will already be relegated by then in my opinion and Sunderland away against Chelsea, Hull against United, it might be irrelevant.

Burnley, Sunderland and Hull to go down, 7 points to keep Rangers in the league.
                yeovil beat play off chasing sheff utd in the week , so any team can beat any team on the day

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  yeovil beat play off chasing sheff utd in the week , so any team can beat any team on the day
                  Yeah, obviously!

Using Burnley as an example, they've won five games all season, two in 2015, yet people think they're going to suddenly become a winning machine! It's simply not going to happen.

It's a very close battle between five teams. Two teams are in 'form' and scoring goals, three are struggling to score a goal, nevermind goals and you don't win games if you don't score.

We're bang in with a shout and still will be come the morning of May 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

We're bang in with a shout and still will be come the morning of May 24th.
                    quoted for prosperity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      quoted for prosperity.
                      That's a bit rich isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X