No announcement yet.

Step down Tony Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy to be hacked off after yet another defeat but nothing much has changed in real terms since Sir Les was brought in and the footballing side was restructured. We aren't realistically going to have a clue if the new approach will work until next season and the new manager has been in situ for a little while.

If Tony steps down what do people realistically think will happen to this club? Give me a real alternative as opposed to the fantasy nasty ###### who will come in and kiss us better.

Whilst mistakes have been made we have a selection of very rich men backing our club. Without them it is unlikely we will have a club. Take Tony out of the driving seat and he will probably lose interest. He is a passionate hands on guy. In my view you have to take the good with the bad.

I just want this season to end but longer term am optimistic.
    Last edited by FurtiveFox; 23-03-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I think IF we're relegated he will step down.

It looks like Ruben G will take over IMO as his financial director has come in.

Would 100% prefer Amit

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
        If certain people on here get there way and for some reason you get this new board.. Who would you want and what would you want them to do to qpr??
        Anyone who can run a football club with even reasonable success. Not too much to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Easy to be hacked off after yet another defeat but nothing much has changed in real terms since Sir Les was brought in and the footballing side was restructured. We aren't realistically going to have a clue if the new approach will work until next season and the new manager has been in situ for a little while.

If Tony steps down what do people realistically think will happen to this club? Give me a real alternative as opposed to the fantasy nasty ###### who will come in and kiss us better.

Whilst mistakes have been made we have a selection of very rich men backing our club. Without them it is unlikely we will have a club. Take Tony out of the driving seat and he will probably lose interest. He is a passionate hands on guy. In my view you have to take the good with the bad.

I just want this season to end but longer term am optimistic.
          Honestly, I find this kind of argument absolutely infuriating. If the club is in the position where we are relying solely on Fernandes to survive, what exactly does that say about his ownership of the club in the first place?

The real alternative is simple - he will sell to another party.

Being a successfully run club is not about how much money the owner has...in fact, it's quite the opposite. Football seems to exist within this bizarre paradigm whereby the richest club's on the planet are also the poorest (in terms of debt accrued.) Conversely, clubs like Everton, Swansea and Stoke are some of the best run clubs in the top division, with a fraction of the investment.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
            Honestly, I find this kind of argument absolutely infuriating. If the club is in the position where we are relying solely on Fernandes to survive, what exactly does that say about his ownership of the club in the first place?

Being a successfully run club is not about how much money the owner has...in fact, it's quite the opposite. Football seems to exist within this bizarre paradigm whereby the richest club's on the planet are also the poorest (in terms of debt accrued.) Conversely, clubs like Everton, Swansea and Stoke are some of the best run clubs in the top division, with a fraction of the investment.
            Realistically, and just my opinion, I just can't see who would want the club. We are too far into things with these guys and vice versa. Unless some tycoon comes out of the woodwork as a closet Rs fan we need to see things though with TF & Co. If they walked away we would be farked. Our best and possibly only hope is they really do learn from their mistakes and move things forward. The alternative, as the saying goes, does not bear thinking about.

Comment

Reasonable success is getting us straight back in the prem at the first time of asking. Unless you want to swap with Fulham?

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Realistically, and just my opinion, I just can't see who would want the club. We are too far into things with these guys and vice versa. Unless some tycoon comes out of the woodwork as a closet Rs fan we need to see things though with TF & Co. If they walked away we would be farked. Our best and possibly only hope is they really do learn from their mistakes and move things forward. The alternative, as the saying goes, does not bear thinking about.
                Fernandes wasn't a QPR fan when he bought the club - he openly attempted to buy WHU before us, and admitted his affections were to them. So any prospective new buyer (although desirable) would not have to have any QPR affiliations whatsoever.

Again, this argument this we are too far down the road with TF an Co. to turn back simply isn't the case. There was a QPR before Fernandes, and there will be a QPR after him as well. He will lose interest at some point (this summer is my guess). Unless you catergorically know the inner workings of every multi-millionaire in the country who is interested in football, you cannot say with any degree of certainty that the club would be unable to find a new buyer. If Fernandes wipes his loses from the club (which would be the decent thing on his part) and sells the club for about what he bought it for (approx. £35m), I think we would be an attractive proposition for a number of potential buyers, especially given our location.

Comment

He will lose interest at some point (this summer is my guess).
                  Or already in early April, there was supposed to be this vital next stage in the OAC project, if that now fails and relegation impending, they will immediately start looking for a way out. This club is obviously useless to them without the OAC project.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Couldn't agree anymore…

Current Team / Accounts released are more than enough evidence for me that it's time for a change

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      Or already in early April, there was supposed to be this vital next stage in the OAC project, if that now fails and relegation impending, they will immediately start looking for a way out. This club is obviously useless to them without the OAC project.

Tony Fernandes July 2013 “We are going to build a new stadium and a new leisure complex and hopefully a little city around it, and that will be brilliant. Success is down to people, ambition, never saying no and just believing and dreaming and turning some of those dreams into reality."

If they dont get their "little city" will they still be interested in building a new stadium? No city, no leisure complex, no 24k houses, no restaurants or hotels. Just the stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post

its not april 1st by any chance?
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          its not april 1st by any chance?
                          TF's birthday?
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post

Tony Fernandes July 2013 “We are going to build a new stadium and a new leisure complex and hopefully a little city around it, and that will be brilliant. Success is down to people, ambition, never saying no and just believing and dreaming and turning some of those dreams into reality."

If they dont get their "little city" will they still be interested in building a new stadium? No city, no leisure complex, no 24k houses, no restaurants or hotels. Just the stadium?
                            so tony was dreaming since 2013........... next he will start hearing voices in his head.

#afatbumblingcant
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by MaineHoopsFan View Post
                              Whoever let Remy go in the 11th hour and didn't find a replacement,
                              Whoever left us short at LM,
                              Whoever left us short at LB,
                              and whoever brought in Sandro on 10 mil-yet wouldn't spend that on a striker like Troy Deeney,
                              Thanks for this season.
                              I have no idea who is at fault, but the writing was on the wall in August when we started the season with a patch-job squad.

Id also like to thanks whoever sold Mutch and retained the funds during Jan. I also would like to thank them for firing Redknapp moments after the window shut. Thank you for not bringing anyone in.

This is just one of the reasons why we are going down. Harrys inability to motivate or properly play players in their positions is a totally different problem.
                              Agree entirely. Been staggeringly bad decisions made by both the board, and the managers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                so tony was dreaming since 2013........... next he will start hearing voices in his head.

#afatbumblingcant
                                Any chance of getting that "trending"?

Comment

Working...
                                X