Not down yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not down yet!

Pretty much all the posts on here now seem to be about next year in the Championship, we're not down yet! Look, i understand why, it is not looking good and quite frankly i wouldn't be surprised if we didnt win another game all season but i think we should wait until after the everton game before we rite us off. Quite frankly if we dont beat Everton when they have an away trip to Kiev on the Thursday night and we have had all week to prepare then we deserve to go down and i will stop having any hope whatsoever that we stay up but really we should be beating them and if we do and a few other results go our way i.e. Burnley lose to Southampton and West Ham beat Sunderland then we are right back in the mix!

Im not criticizing anyone for giving up on us but maybe it is just a little early!?

Not until the fat lady sings but she is walking up the steps to the stage.QPR are sh1te and have been all season.
    Last edited by stanistheman; 17-03-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Have to agree with the op. Last few days I been convinced we are down but feel more optimistic today. No reason why just am and I believe we are the only club to not have a run of good results this season so surely (please God) that has to change. Also clubs have come back from worse postions than us ask a sunderland fan last year with the games they had left and they would have said they had less chance than is this year.

Comment

Lets bump this sunday night after the obligatory usual home defeat and you can edit the title pizza mate.
        Are we even ever favourites with the bookies at home anymore?

Comment

OP needs topping.

Comment

Yeah Kevin, as i said, if we lose Sunday game well and truly over. Lets see!

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
              Pretty much all the posts on here now seem to be about next year in the Championship, we're not down yet! Look, i understand why, it is not looking good and quite frankly i wouldn't be surprised if we didnt win another game all season but i think we should wait until after the everton game before we rite us off. Quite frankly if we dont beat Everton when they have an away trip to Kiev on the Thursday night and we have had all week to prepare then we deserve to go down and i will stop having any hope whatsoever that we stay up but really we should be beating them and if we do and a few other results go our way i.e. Burnley lose to Southampton and West Ham beat Sunderland then we are right back in the mix!

Im not criticizing anyone for giving up on us but maybe it is just a little early!?
              Do you really think we will win 4-5 games?
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                Do you really think we will win 4-5 games?
                Head says no heart says its not over yet thats all im saying. My post doesnt say i think we will win 4-5 of our remaining games and stay up, stranger things have happened. I will give up all hope of survival if we are beaten on Sunday by Everton.

Comment

It's never over until it's mathematically impossible. The run in always throws up weird unexpected results and normally at least one team that looks buried makes a run and survivies. West Ham years ago with Tevez won about 6 out of 7 games or something stupid, a few years back Wigan were written off around Feb / March then won a load of games to survive comfortably, then Palace last year were dead and buried many thought until Pulis got them playing, and even later last season sunderland written off to then win at the likes of Chelsea against all odds and scrape survival.

Nothing can be predicted yet. Everton could easilly get dragged more into this mess and although they have better players, with it comes more expectation, pressure and fear of the drop so it wont be easy for them. Plus Advocaart at Sunderland may not work out and they are definitely well and truelly in the mix anyway, along with Hull.

What we have in our favour is we have a goalscorer in Austin, similar to Burnely with Ings. They will get goals and we have been creating plenty of chances, even against far better sides, so forget the Palace debacle and focus on the next game. hopefully Everton will have a Europa hangover and we can take advantage and push on. Also we will hopefully see Fer back for the run in and he could prove pivitol.

Add to this, with the bottom 4 sides all looking poor, it could be a low total that keeps 17th place up this season.
                  Last edited by Del; 18-03-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I was reasonably confident before the Palace game, just based on the statistical chances, but Everton - and this is the first time I'm saying this - is a 'must-win'. I'm fairly certain if we lose on Sunday, that's it. Win, and we've still got a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      It's never over until it's mathematically impossible. The run in always throws up weird unexpected results and normally at least one team that looks buried makes a run and survivies. West Ham years ago with Tevez won about 6 out of 7 games or something stupid, a few years back Wigan were written off around Feb / March then won a load of games to survive comfortably, then Palace last year were dead and buried many thought until Pulis got them playing, and even later last season sunderland written off to then win at the likes of Chelsea against all odds and scrape survival.

Nothing can be predicted yet. Everton could easilly get dragged more into this mess and although they have better players, with it comes more expectation, pressure and fear of the drop so it wont be easy for them. Plus Advocaart at Sunderland may not work out and they are definitely well and truelly in the mix anyway, along with Hull.

What we have in our favour is we have a goalscorer in Austin, similar to Burnely with Ings. They will get goals and we have been creating plenty of chances, even against far better sides, so forget the Palace debacle and focus on the next game. hopefully Everton will have a Europa hangover and we can take advantage and push on. Also we will hopefully see Fer back for the run in and he could prove pivitol.

Add to this, with the bottom 4 sides all looking poor, it could be a low total that keeps 17th place up this season.
                      I see your point, but did you notice the players reaction walking back to restart after conceding goals at Palace? To me they looked like a bunch of players who had given up. If they carry on that attitude into Sunday's game then they really have no hope left at all

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        I see your point, but did you notice the players reaction walking back to restart after conceding goals at Palace? To me they looked like a bunch of players who had given up. If they carry on that attitude into Sunday's game then they really have no hope left at all
                        Yeah it was poor Stan, but i think it was more a case of them going into it thinking it was a winnable match and messing it up completely, hence so completely deflated. Also fringe players like SWP and Adel not taking the chance they been given, along with the likes of young Furlong doesnt help.

I think to be fair, the team has looked up for every game since Ramsey came in and they've always been on the front foot from the off, even against the likes of Arsenal and Spurs so i'm sure it wont be an issue come the next match. What they need to do is remain focussed in the matches and stop gifting goals.

Comment

None of this is really Ramsey's fault but I think we would have had a better chance of staying up under Redknapp, I wasn't sure it was the right think to do at the time when we got rid of him as we left it so long and it was only the away form forced him out.

Our home form was good under him and I would have more confidence of us beating Everton, WH and Newcastle at home which we have to do as a minimum and we may well have got something from Swansea, Arsenal and Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            Yeah it was poor Stan, but i think it was more a case of them going into it thinking it was a winnable match and messing it up completely, hence so completely deflated. Also fringe players like SWP and Adel not taking the chance they been given, along with the likes of young Furlong doesnt help.

I think to be fair, the team has looked up for every game since Ramsey came in and they've always been on the front foot from the off, even against the likes of Arsenal and Spurs so i'm sure it wont be an issue come the next match. What they need to do is remain focussed in the matches and stop gifting goals.
                            i agree about the reaction... i think they started ok on saturday, but self-destructed in 10 or so first half minutes. when you go from a retrievable 1-0 to a done and dusted 3-0 against a relegation rival (after losing 8 out of the last 9 games), then yeah, you're going to be deflated. i know that i just felt totally shell-shocked after the third one went in.

we need something to build on from sunday... preferably a win, but even if it's just a clean sheet and a 0-0 draw, we need to stop the rot somehow.

we're not down... this time last year, there were one or two speculating on here that, not only did we have no chance of the play-offs, but we might end up in a relegation scrap. let's skip 2 years ago... but the season before, i remember that around this point in the season we were doomed because blackburn had somehow won 2 in a row under the mighty steve keane (and opened up the sort of gap villa suddenly have) and "couldn't be caught".

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                              None of this is really Ramsey's fault but I think we would have had a better chance of staying up under Redknapp, I wasn't sure it was the right think to do at the time when we got rid of him as we left it so long and it was only the away form forced him out.

Our home form was good under him and I would have more confidence of us beating Everton, WH and Newcastle at home which we have to do as a minimum and we may well have got something from Swansea, Arsenal and Spurs.
                              Redknapp was only taking us down. Plus his last few home games were not good at all. That form had already faded, look at Sheffield United, Palace and United games to see that.

Comment

Working...
                              X