Ramsey is not the answer discuss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    The results have been frustrating but we have had three one goal home defeats against very good sides who frankly should be expecting to beat us. The problem against Arsenal and Spurs is that technically they are simply so much better. In both games I thought we looked impressive for quite long periods of the games and on the balance of play deserved something out of both. However both found their gear for a period of time, mainly second half in both games, when they were unplayable. That is the difference between a top side and a not top side.

What has been impressive about the performances has been we have been well set up, had a game plan and went looking for the win. The players seem more motivated and there looks a more positive vibe at the club, not just limited to CR being jolly in interviews.

I believe had we had CR at the club last season we would have had a better chance of automatic promotion. We were crying out for positivity, a game plan and to take the game to mainly inferior sides. If we go down he could be a good fit as we are supposedly looking at hungry players from lower leagues and his strength seems to be developing and getting the best out of players.

CR isn't perfect. I agree with some of the questioning of his substitutions and he has little experience at management in this country but he is a very well respected coach who appears happy to fit in with the new footballing setup at the club and players who have worked with him seem to have a lot of respect for him.

Jury's out overall but whilst disappointed at the results think performances have been better and if kept to those levels should get us results against poorer teams than Spurs, Arsenal and Southampton. Is it enough to keep us up even if it does? No idea.
    Great post

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      Will you be OK? tough to be you right now..

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox;1394833[B
        ]The results have been frustrating but we have had three one goal home defeats[/B] against very good sides who frankly should be expecting to beat us. The problem against Arsenal and Spurs is that technically they are simply so much better. In both games I thought we looked impressive for quite long periods of the games and on the balance of play deserved something out of both. However both found their gear for a period of time, mainly second half in both games, when they were unplayable. That is the difference between a top side and a not top side.

What has been impressive about the performances has been we have been well set up, had a game plan and went looking for the win. The players seem more motivated and there looks a more positive vibe at the club, not just limited to CR being jolly in interviews.

I believe had we had CR at the club last season we would have had a better chance of automatic promotion. We were crying out for positivity, a game plan and to take the game to mainly inferior sides. If we go down he could be a good fit as we are supposedly looking at hungry players from lower leagues and his strength seems to be developing and getting the best out of players.

CR isn't perfect. I agree with some of the questioning of his substitutions and he has little experience at management in this country but he is a very well respected coach who appears happy to fit in with the new footballing setup at the club and players who have worked with him seem to have a lot of respect for him.

Jury's out overall but whilst disappointed at the results think performances have been better and if kept to those levels should get us results against poorer teams than Spurs, Arsenal and Southampton. Is it enough to keep us up even if it does? No idea.
        I'm confused fox.........you posted the defeats were refreshing a couple days ago!!

Comment

• I despair at some of our fans I really do so knee jerk and fail to see the bigger picture

The facts are we have horrendous injuries and nobody in the same situation would of done anything about the recent results we also still have a fighting chance of staying up especially with the run of games we have coming up

If we are going down this route of long term planning then its going to get worse before it gets better show some patience but if you really want someone to vent your feelings at then it should be aimed at Redknapp and Fernandes for another shocking season and shocking recruitment in the summer
          We Are The People.....

Comment

The results have been frustrating but we have had three one goal home defeats against very good sides who frankly should be expecting to beat us. The problem against Arsenal and Spurs is that technically they are simply so much better. In both games I thought we looked impressive for quite long periods of the games and on the balance of play deserved something out of both. However both found their gear for a period of time, mainly second half in both games, when they were unplayable. That is the difference between a top side and a not top side.

Well said. This is probably how most of us feel about this topic, at this time.

Comment

• I said before he was appointed that I hoped QPR wouldn't make the same mistake that Wolves made when sacking McCarthy and appointing Connor until the end of the season. However, that is exactly what Fernandes and QPR have done.

with 5 points from the last 33, QPR will be relegated before May.

the performances are better, but his substitutions and even team selections leave a lot to be questioned.
              he has had bad luck with injuries, but somehow I just can't see his fortunes improving.

It is not his fault, but it is Fernandes' as he should have sacked Redkrapp by no later than Burnley, but really should have done so in December after the Everton loss.
              Last edited by stanistheman; 09-03-2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                Solid style of football = lump it up to BZ
                If that dont work then we go to plan B
                Plan B = Lump it up to BZ even more urgently. Wouldnt mind so much if it works tbh.
                I agree with you for once V!.. Spot on!! Very limited with attacking ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  I'm confused fox.........you posted the defeats were refreshing a couple days ago!!
                  I hardly said it was refreshing. Losing all too familiar! What I basically said was it felt better losing under CR than winning under 'Arry. Stand by it. Losing is frustrating but at least under CR I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. With 'Arry you were just waiting for the next s**t performance and defeat.

We are in my view, and regardless of relegation or not, heading in the right direction. Relegation would be hard to take as I think squad was good enough to stay up but if we have to start again so be it.

Comment

I hardly said it was refreshing. Losing all too familiar! What I basically said was it felt better losing under CR than winning under 'Arry. Stand by it. Losing is frustrating but at least under CR I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. With 'Arry you were just waiting for the next s**t performance and defeat.

We are in my view, and regardless of relegation or not, heading in the right direction. Relegation would be hard to take as I think squad was good enough to stay up but if we have to start again so be it.
                    In terms of attacking style and flair, not sure CR has improved it...

Weds and Saturday were hit and hope to Zamora... He let Zamora play 180 minutes in 3 days..... Desperate and very much lacking any ideas

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      In terms of attacking style and flair, not sure CR has improved it...

Weds and Saturday were hit and hope to Zamora... He let Zamora play 180 minutes in 3 days..... Desperate and very much lacking any ideas

Been told by someone who knows what he is talking about that Vargas isnt injured but that Ramsey has not been impressed with his efforts in training. How he cant get some minutes on the pitch even as a sub for BZ is amazing. How much longer can it take to realise that hoofing up to Zamora isnt winning us any games? We pretty much guaranteed to concede every game with our defence so we know we need to score 2 goals at least.

Comment

Been told by someone who knows what he is talking about that Vargas isnt injured but that Ramsey has not been impressed with his efforts in training. How he cant get some minutes on the pitch even as a sub for BZ is amazing. How much longer can it take to realise that hoofing up to Zamora isnt winning us any games? We pretty much guaranteed to concede every game with our defence so we know we need to score 2 goals at least.
                        If vargas isn't applying himself in training, why would we play him? Even adel is working hard, no one should be excused for any reason. It will give a poor impression on other players.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          If vargas isn't applying himself in training, why would we play him? Even adel is working hard, no one should be excused for any reason. It will give a poor impression on other players.
                          For me rather have a 80% Chilean international with a bit of pace on the pitch than BZ blowing out his #### after 60 minutes. Changing the gameplan a bit might even make us a tad less predictable.

Comment

For me rather have a 80% Chilean international with a bit of pace on the pitch than BZ blowing out his #### after 60 minutes. Changing the gameplan a bit might even make us a tad less predictable.
                            My point isn't that, it is that the precedent set if we let a player who wasn't applying himself in training would have a negative effect on the workrate of the other players.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I think Vargas is injured though... He put a pic on his instagram of him with strapping round his knee.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                I think Vargas is injured though... He put a pic on his instagram of him with strapping round his knee.
                                Yer saw that as well...just told that he was fit on the day but that CR doesnt rate him in training. Who knows mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X