No announcement yet.

Worst place you have visited following QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always loved Luton away,standing outside the oak rd end after walking the narrow alley.one of the best awaydays if I'm honest
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Agree are there really no go areas??? I have to say if I wanted to go somewhere then I go day or night. People always go on about the South Acton estate and needing to avoid it but in my 36 years I have never had any bother there and I have wandered through it in may states of disrepair and varying times of the day

Media make us want to believe there are no go areas
      south Acton estate not that bad wests,worked there for a few months on the maintenance. some loons obviously, made me laugh dancing on the greens to rave at 7 in the morning.
      Charlton , nightmare to get to .carsey
      Brentford, like an old peoples home.carsey
      Mk dons, uck all about could be mistaken for poundland
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
        Always loved Luton away,standing outside the oak rd end after walking the narrow alley.one of the best awaydays if I'm honest
        sh it hole but i always loved it van....the walk up the hill towards the away end going nuts-lovely.
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Layer Road is up there for me ! Awful place, knew how far we had fallen when we played them for a few seasons on the trot and lost most of them too.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
            Remember the first ever Monday night live Sky game up there, Andy Sinton scored 1-1 and Gerry Rafferty playing at HT
            that was Undercover playing Baker St at half time
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

top thread this. wish i had half the experience some of you have had following rangers
              Rangers Til I Die
              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                I suppose you have to put Cambridge into the equation having to walk through a boggy field to get in and also Colchester, what's all that about, go in and walk through the side stand to get into the away end
                Who was there when we were losing and a few Rangers thought it would be a good idea to leave early and start throwing the vegetables from the allotments back into the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Who was there when we were losing and a few Rangers thought it would be a good idea to leave early and start throwing the vegetables from the allotments back into the ground?
                  Seem to remember that.... Was it in 1979?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Seem to remember that.... Was it in 1979?
                    It might have been a bit after that mate. I was 15 then and although I have been going since 1975 I don't think I went to away games till I was a bit older than that. Might be wrong though. I still find it a bit odd that I was allowed to travel up to London with my (admittedly tow years older) brother from Croydon to Shepherds Bush on our own when I was only eleven at a time when the violence was far worse than now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      It might have been a bit after that mate. I was 15 then and although I have been going since 1975 I don't think I went to away games till I was a bit older than that. Might be wrong though. I still find it a bit odd that I was allowed to travel up to London with my (admittedly tow years older) brother from Croydon to Shepherds Bush on our own when I was only eleven at a time when the violence was far worse than now.
                      Yeah. Me too. My pals and I travelled away when we were 14 and 15. Never got in any bother though. Remember going to Cambridge a couple of times back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Yeah. Me too. My pals and I travelled away when we were 14 and 15. Never got in any bother though. Remember going to Cambridge a couple of times back then.
                        I actually remember that trip well. There were six of us in a Austin Morris Maxi. When we got near the ground there were loads of old bill about so one of us hid under a flag in the boot!

Comment

• Anyone remember Stockport (oh god league 1 football) ?
                          This thread made me remember I had 2 coats on and still freezin me nuts off on the terrace.
                          The best part of the day was watching the ball get booted on the roof of the stand and waiting for about 10 mins with it teetering on the edge for it to fall back down square ontop of the linos head.
                          Got the biggest cheer of the day, think it was 0-0 but could of been the time we got a late late equalizer.

Comment

• one of the best

one of the best away games for the craic was the norwich away game when we lost the league title to liverpool i agree the result was terrible but every pub just about everywhere was full of rangers
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                              Anyone remember Stockport (oh god league 1 football) ?
                              This thread made me remember I had 2 coats on and still freezin me nuts off on the terrace.
                              The best part of the day was watching the ball get booted on the roof of the stand and waiting for about 10 mins with it teetering on the edge for it to fall back down square ontop of the linos head.
                              Got the biggest cheer of the day, think it was 0-0 but could of been the time we got a late late equalizer.
                              Sure I've been there twice midweek.twice on a Saturday n all.all this was when I enjoyed watching Rangers.bit of a chore nowadays.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superranger View Post
                                Luton away was horrendous
                                yup, and one or two will remember the off pitch action vs Luton in the old days

Comment

Working...
                                X