Paul Clement with Ramsay and Bond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    TF said the "press are all wrong", yet Clement was widely reported as one of the favourites. So I still have my doubts it's him, much as I'd love it to be.
    This as well. Would be brilliant Clement as 1st team Coach, Ramsey Head of development and Les as DOF. Just don't think it's gonna happen.

Comment

Ive never heard of Paul Clement!! Who the hell is he?

Comment

Originally posted by WE ARE QPR! View Post
        Ive never heard of Paul Clement!! Who the hell is he?
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cl...tball_coach%29

says he's coming at the end of the season....
        2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

So it does... I think anyone can edit Wikipedia though?

Comment

Would love this combination both for who Paul Clement is and the sentiment behind it and the fact I have been very impressed with the way Ramsay conducts himself !

Comment

What's the obsession with Paul Clement who's never managed a team in his life.....???

He may be a great coach or assistant, but that means nothing. Look at the likes of Brian Kidd, great assistant but was pony as a manager.

Comment

The obsession is he is an outstanding coach who also carries a wealth of experience now being the number 2 at big clubs and coaching big players.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                  What's the obsession with Paul Clement who's never managed a team in his life.....???

He may be a great coach or guessassistant, but that means nothing. Look at the likes of Brian Kidd, great assistant but was pony as a manager.
                  But we don't need a manager, we need and are looking to appoint a first team coach. Someone to coach the players and pick the side. Les is DOF and as been reported will be in charge of player purchases. Clement is a world class coach in anyone's book.

Comment

Whether he's coached at top clubs means nothing when he's never had ultimate responsibility. And you can dress up the "1st team coach" label all you want, they stll manage the team and squad and have added pressures like trying to keep players happy etc. There's huge differences.

Yes he could be brilliant, but he's also completely unproven.

Comment

Whether he's coached at top clubs means nothing when he's never had ultimate responsibility. And you can dress up the "1st team coach" label all you want, they stll manage the team and squad and have added pressures like trying to keep players happy etc. There's huge differences.

Yes he is correct...

Comment

i had never heard of him until last week, obvioulsy heard of dave and neil. WHy would he be a top manager in the prem??

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cl...tball_coach%29

says he's coming at the end of the season....
                          Its been removed now, must have been a wind-up.

Comment

Chris Ramsey hadn't managed before Del. But at least he seems to know how to set up a team, who should play where and how, etc.

Admittedly, Jude would have more of a clue than our last manager, but nevertheless, a marked improvement already.

Mourinho was "just a coach with no managerial experience" once. And prior to that, he was just the translator.

Over 30 years of management experience produced two of the worst years of football I can recall.

Let's not forget we have Les Ferdinand in position to "deal with" anybody that isn't happy about doing as they are asked in return for huge amounts of money.

Comment

He may be a great coach or assistant, but that means nothing. Look at the likes of Brian Kidd, great assistant but was pony as a manager.
                              Or look at the "Special one", he turned out to be an all right manager after being an assistant for quite a while.

Comment

Pochettino was unproven. And as mentioned so was Mourinho, and even Ramsey himself, who seems to have the players' backing now which I'm pleased to see.

I take your first point though Del.

Comment

Working...
                                X