Sherwood opens talks with QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherwood opens talks with QPR

Tim Sherwood has held talks with QPR and is confident of getting the job.

Former Spurs boss Sherwood could even be installed before Saturday's game with Southampton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...talks-5102412?

Wouldn't be my choice personally. Think the club should take much longer due diligence to make the right decision over a shortlist of potential candidates. But ho hum...

Comment

Should have been compiling candidates since last May!
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Wouldn't be my choice personally. Think the club should take much longer due diligence to make the right decision over a shortlist of potential candidates. But ho hum...
        Club have been monitoring Tim Sherwood for a long time Stan by all accounts.

Set up already in place, Les & Chris Ramsey know all the players already. Perfect fit for me.

Not everyone's first choice but as I've said many times on here, the big name successful managers have done nothing but being us failure so I'm 100% up for giving a young hungry manager a shot & every fan should be behind him, if it is him from the get go. No point starting on the wrong foot.

We're all here for the greater good, that is QPR.

Comment

Will this be the least surprising appointment in football? Been flagged up pretty much all season. No wonder Harold got the hump/limp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            ...I'm 100% up for giving a young hungry manager a shot & every fan should be behind him, if it is him from the get go. No point starting on the wrong foot.

We're all here for the greater good, that is QPR.
            Agree with that Jim. Of course he would get my full backing if he gets the nod and it goes without saying I'd wish him every success with us.

Comment

If appointed, he should be given a short contract until the summer. The club can assess his performance over that period, it would also keep him on his toes. In the meantime a short list of potential 'forever' managers should be drawn up, and interviews take place in the summer, including of Sherwood.
              There is no point in giving Sherwood a 2or 3 year contract at this stage, we don't know how he will perform and we have to get this right. If he won't go for a short contract, keep Les as caretaker until the summer and let TS sling his hook.

Comment

Opens talks? lol he has been lined up for a while

Comment

I will be fuming if Sherwood takes over

Acts and looks weak, we will become the laughing stock

No players will respect this man

Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                    I will be fuming if Sherwood takes over

Acts and looks weak, we will become the laughing stock

No players will respect this man

Smh

I see he has the fans behind him from the start then!

Comment

I dont think he has many backing him tbh

Comment

Shouldn't matter if we want him or not, we aren't paying him. Just get behind whomever is here, that is our job.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Tbh mate Im not sure I agree with the whole 'should take their time' when appointing the next manager, purely because I think they have already done that. It isnt rocket science that HR would've left at the end of the season even if we stayed up. Think TF would've looked at all possible managers and for what ever reason came to the conclusion that TS would be the best man. Bringing Les and Ramsey in wasnt for HR. It was for TS imho.... get them 2 in early, get to know the players and when the time's right bring TS in.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

The appointment fits and makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              The appointment fits and makes sense to me.
                              Me 2. And with Les and Ramsey their already it'll cause minimal disruption to the players. Something we certainly dont want to happen especially with only 15 games to go.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X