Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do we now accept relegation is a certainty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Had to look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_F.C._seasons as my memory is bad these days. In all honestly, many of those seasons were horrific. I would not swap what we have now - however bad we may be at the mo - for an 8th place finish in League 1 :/
    What we have now is winning half a dozen or so games a season with a squad full of under achievers. I would swap it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      I wont accept it until its mathematically impossible for us to stay up. Im no surrender monkey.
      With you on that mate. The season hasn't ended, we haven't been relegated, points to play for, and other teams are struggling.

I'm amazed people have already given up.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        What we have now is winning half a dozen or so games a season with a squad full of under achievers. I would swap it in a heartbeat.
        I would probably say, unfortunately, that we are exactly where this squad is expected to be at this stage of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          With you on that mate. The season hasn't ended, we haven't been relegated, points to play for, and other teams are struggling.

I'm amazed people have already given up.
          Strangely enough, im not that surprised.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
            Wouldnt say we are under acheivers. We're about where everyone expected us to be.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

if we go down and it looks like we will it will be for a weak midfield, an ageing defence and under achievers like hoilett, phillips , vargas and mutch and a manager that has been left behind by the modern game and doesn't seem to be able to inspire his team

Comment

I wont accept it until its mathematically impossible for us to stay up. Im no surrender monkey.
                Nothing to do with being a surrender monkey it's just being realistic..... I seem to remember you were one of those who kept saying we'll stay up in 2013 when there was a mathematical chance and along with others coming up with tripe alomg the lines of, we only have to win 6 out of the last 9 games when we had only won about 4 games all season....

I find it quite amazing that anyone would think that we actually have a chance of staying up when we have the worst away record in top flight football for 50yrs plus and it's obvious to man and beast that this squad does not have what it takes to stay up and our manager has lost all interest....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  We've had 2 decent seasons in Championship in the 15 previous odd years. No certainties that if we went down we'd be up near the top. Just look at the league positions right now...Cardiff 13th, Fulham 15th, Reading 16th, Brighton 21st, Wigan 23rd.

Some people just need to be careful what they wish for...!
                  I don't think you'll find many (if any) of us are actually wishing for Championship football next season but just accepting our fate before the uber positive brigade who delude themselves that there are 3 teams who will finish below us this season that's all....

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                    Nothing to do with being a surrender monkey it's just being realistic..... I seem to remember you were one of those who kept saying we'll stay up in 2013 when there was a mathematical chance and along with others coming up with tripe alomg the lines of, we only have to win 6 out of the last 9 games when we had only won about 4 games all season....

I find it quite amazing that anyone would think that we actually have a chance of staying up when we have the worst away record in top flight football for 50yrs plus and it's obvious to man and beast that this squad does not have what it takes to stay up and our manager has lost all interest....
                    Giving up long before its actually over? Yeah, thats what a surrender monkey is. Yeah i kept believing we could stay up, whats wrong with that? We did it the season before that didnt we? When we still had the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs to play?
                    We are 1 point from safety and 2 wins from mid table, i find it amazing that people have given up already.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                      I don't think you'll find many (if any) of us are actually wishing for Championship football next season but just accepting our fate before the uber positive brigade who delude themselves that there are 3 teams who will finish below us this season that's all....
                      Another brigade? Bit cringey.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

On the plus side if we do go down hopefully Harry Hopeless and Teflon Tony will fark orf into the sunset together

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                          indeed...we have as much chance of staying up as the rest of the other 7 teams around us..its almost that some actually want it to happen just so they can say i told you so..
                          I doubt it very much... However there might be one or two come May... For me, I've watched enough football to know the signs and they are all there are Rangers.... Trust me I would love nothing more if we stayed up but if we do and for me that's a HUGE if, then I just hope that we get in a younger manager who has hunger and desire and is actually in touch with modern day football not a bunch of dinosaurs like the current management set up....

Comment

Wouldnt say we are under acheivers. We're about where everyone expected us to be.
                            Are you seriously trying to say that you expected us to lose our first 11 YES 11 (and counting) away games this season....?

Comment

I think it is certain unless something significant changes. And with Tony's announced support for HR I don't see any significant changes happening.
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                if we go down and it looks like we will it will be for a weak midfield, an ageing defence and under achievers like hoilett, phillips , vargas and mutch and a manager that has been left behind by the modern game and doesn't seem to be able to inspire his team
                                Seem like he lacks knowledge about how to organize a team, IMO.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X