Southampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southampton

Every time they play they have another youngster in the first team I have never heard of who is decent

That's funny because we are the complete opposite.

We always have an old man that we've seen too much lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Every time they play they have another youngster in the first team I have never heard of who is decent
        I know the sentiment you are trying to say but only 2 of their starting 11 are from the youth team. The rest are all bought or loaned in

Comment

but there still able to identify and buy in youngsters able to make an immediate impact

Comment

Their academy is 2nd to none in the country when it comes to bringing through talent. Bale, Walcott, ox, to name a few. They have a huge catchment to draw on too and with the demise of Pompey thanks to the great Harry Redknapp they will be the club of choice for talent.

Comment

Bertrand out next week

Comment

1-0 down and Bertram sent off for a shocking challenge. Are the Saints on the crest of a slump?
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                  I know the sentiment you are trying to say but only 2 of their starting 11 are from the youth team. The rest are all bought or loaned in
                  That's 2 more than we've had in the last 8 years then.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Their academy is 2nd to none in the country when it comes to bringing through talent. Bale, Walcott, ox, to name a few. They have a huge catchment to draw on too and with the demise of Pompey thanks to the great Harry Redknapp they will be the club of choice for talent.
                    Good points . Don't suggest that though redknapp would probably try and take credit for southamptons great acadamy by ruining pompy

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

It's funny because it's true.

I'll give you an example and rest his sole "Ray Jones", he was given the chance and was a breath of fresh air.

Sometimes youth players come in and find it easy to settle down, but you have to give them the chance in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        That's 2 more than we've had in the last 8 years then.
                        Max Ehmer and Harriman have both started games and probably should have had more.

As I said in a previous thread, Southamptons academy was formed nearly 15 years ago. Also keep an eye on Fulham and the number of youth players they are bringing through. They have the same team in charge that used to run Southamptons academy

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          but there still able to identify and buy in youngsters able to make an immediate impact
                          Agree but they have a pretty big catchment area. Down on the South Coast you have really only got Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Southampton with Southampton having the best youth set up of the lot. Must have the opportunity to attract a lot more youth players than a London side would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            Sorry Del, I never saw your response before I wrote something similar!

Comment

We'll beat them next week, not sure how they're so high in the league, been bang average when I've watched them.

Comment

Working...
                              X