No announcement yet.

Yep this about right - Fits the bill perfectly for Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sort of rumour gives me hope that one day I will play in the blue and white hoops. I'm younger and cheaper than Ameobi too.

Comment

Get Nile Ranger in the bloke is a hoot on a night out.

Comment

If we sign him I give up in life

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/...striker-shola/

According to the Daily Mail, QPR are attempting to hijack Crystal Palace's bid to sign ex-Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi.

The Nigerian international left St. James' Park in the summer for a move to Turkey with Gaziantep, but has been released after just four months as he bids for a return to the Premier League.

The 33-year-old hit 79 goals in 397 games for Newcastle, and represents a cost-effective attacking solution for teams battling relegation.

West Bromwich Albion have already been linked with a move to sign Ameobi, with Tony Pulis reportedly keen to reunite with the striker having signed him for Stoke back in 2008.

However, Crystal Palace appeared to have usurped their rivals in the race to sign Ameobi, with Alan Pardew currently in charge at Selhurst Park - who was of course Ameobi's manager at Newcastle.

Yet now, a third club has entered the race, with the Daily Mail claiming that Queens Park Rangers are making a late bid to take him from South London to West London.

Manager Harry Redknapp has relied heavily on Charlie Austin in attack this season, and whilst he has added Mauro Zarate on loan from West Ham this month, but seemingly wants another striker.

Ameobi, being a free agent, would fit the bill for Redknapp, but the Daily Mail suggest that Palace held talks with Ameobi on Tuesday - making them favourites for his signature despite the late approach from QPR.
          If Palace don't want to lose Campbell (which apparently they don't ) then maybe he isn't off to Palace

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
            If Palace don't want to lose Campbell (which apparently they don't ) then maybe he isn't off to Palace

ameobi has signed for palace until the end of the season. thank god.

now let us go get crouch, berbatov, adebyour, robbie keane, kanu, yakubu.

Welcome to plan z.........#rightsorts
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Everyone we seem to be linked with are being critisied on here. Who do people realistically want us to sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                Everyone we seem to be linked with are being critisied on here. Who do people realistically want us to sign?
                gesteade, grabbon, gray any of them would do me.

Comment

Could improve the team. However is a gamble signing players for big money with no premier league experience

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    ameobi has signed for palace until the end of the season. thank god.

now let us go get crouch, berbatov, adebyour, robbie keane, kanu, yakubu.

Welcome to plan z.........#rightsorts

He will score against us..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                      Spot on!!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

sure its a gamble mate, but they have youth and hunger on their side along with the ability to learn and improve and who currently possess raw talent.

what would we acheive in signing farking berbatov?

its time to build this club for the future.

people said dwight gayle and charlie would never make the step up. this is also berihino first full season in the prem.

any of the three names i mentioned you would be able to buy for £5mil tops. not a big gamble in the grand scheme of things.

thats my two pence worth blocky, who would you like to sign for us mate?

Comment

errrrr.. Abit like you said really, we need to weigh up the options. Do we sign young, (hopefully hungry ) players with it to prove in the hope they can cut it....

Or try to sign the players that have the experience like adebayor, crouch etc in the hope that they have the motivation to turn in performances for us...

I think I'd prefer us to invest in these players you mention but maybe at the end of the season when they aren't thrown into the middle of a relegation battle..

One thing I am sure on though is that whoever we sign them to have the ability to roll their sleeves up and muck in for the team. Berbatov does not fit that mould... I can't deny that I would be happy in signing adebayor, for the pure fact that I've seen him twice against us at White hart lane and he has been in my eyes one of the best strikers I've seen live.

The players you mentioned I don't even think I've seen them in one 90 minute match so it's so hard to judge them. There's not a right or wrong answer,it's different opinions I suppose

Comment

To be honest I want to us invest money more wisely.

We got a massive fine hanging over our heads so we need players who will be with us next year no matter what division we are in. Its why I want to see the likes of Gestede or a gray and keep Phillips and Mutch because imo these are the players who can do the business in both leagues if given a chance.

That's not me saying phillips is hoing to light up the prem or he's world class because I rate him it s me thinking this lad is a average prem player who can do business for a small club.

Comment

No. Just no.

Comment

Working...
                              X