No announcement yet.

If QPR go down should Fernandes resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume everyone is aware that just because he resigns as Chairman does not mean that he sells up his ownership of the club. Many clubs have Chairmen who are football people and who hold no stake in the club what so ever, or a minor one. For example Sir Chips at Arsenal, Bruce Buck at Chelsea, Ralph Krueger at Southampton. A fresh face with a different outlook and with a background in sports club management might be someone very useful rather than a part time Chairman spreading himself to thinly over many different "projects".

Comment

Someone has got to be held accountable for 2 relegations in 3 years, a 40 million pound fine from the championship, 160 mill in debt including a FFP fine. Someone should also be held accountable for letting our wages inflate to a top 10 number (in the world)in 2013, and lastly, someone should be held accountable to not pulling the trigger and firing Harry before that Liverpool game (when there were still other managers available), or firing Mark Hughes until the end of November when we were already SOL.

So yea, either Tony step down or find a farking advisor that can give you advice lol

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
        I presume everyone is aware that just because he resigns as Chairman does not mean that he sells up his ownership of the club. Many clubs have Chairmen who are football people and who hold no stake in the club what so ever, or a minor one. For example Sir Chips at Arsenal, Bruce Buck at Chelsea, Ralph Krueger at Southampton. A fresh face with a different outlook and with a background in sports club management might be someone very useful rather than a part time Chairman spreading himself to thinly over many different "projects".
        I just presumed the poll meant leave the club altogether.

Comment

No - I still want his money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            I think he needs to fix it and will. He's too soft for me and needs to take a ruthless approach and can start by sacking Phil Beard and bringing in a football CEO and getting this club running like it should be.
            This, this and this. Agree 100%.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

No way should he step down he has made a brave decision maybe not as I saw it but a decision is made and now we must get behind the team and try and get them over the line somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                Absolutley! i think its unbelievable...It would appear we have a chairman whose only fault is listening to want the fans want..we want champions league player when we came up ..people cried we got them..warnock is a championship manager get a proper premiership manager in like hughes they all cried..we got him..hughes is rubbish sack him ..harry come save us..he gave you that...
                we need to invest in decent youth players..Mutch ..granero...phillips...yun..all cried out for..he gave them...we need a better training ground...he is trying ..we need a bigger stadium..it seems that his main crime is giving us exactly what we want like spoilt kids going round toys r us....
                That's a very good post.

Some people wanted a football man at a senior level. TF got one. He's called Les Ferdinand. Tony is an accountant. The perfect mix you would think, but no, there is still moaning.

The fault IMO isn't our board. The fault lies with the manager, coaches and the useless f*ckers who play for QPR. If they'd managed to put a few more wins on the board we'd be mid table and not having this conversation.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Shocked to the core by this poll from such a usually realistic poster. Has any chairman ever left a club just cos their club got relegated?
                  Wonder if hull, liecester, burnley and sunderland have got a poll like this. Dont get it whatsoever.
                  I didn't say leave the club? I said step down as chairman. Let someone else run it & try and give us a new direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    I didn't say leave the club? I said step down as chairman. Let someone else run it & try and give us a new direction.
                    Yeah i know that now, was pointed out to me mate. Fair enough poll then.

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
                      Nope - not sure if this is relevant but is everyone aware that Amit is divorcing Mittal's daughter? Will that have any long terms effects on Mittal and Tony's relationship going forward?
                      Really? Well that is the worst news. Amit - lovely guy. Mittel - rich guy.

Comment

A fundamental point missing here. Tony is the majority shareholder. Unless he agrees to sell his stake to someone who wants to buy it, he remains the majority shareholder and - if he likes - the chairman. It is not like being the manager and resigning because results are not going well. For tony to walk away wd be a bit like the op to say "i havent maintained my house very well, so i shall step down as owner and give it to someone else so I can become homeless..."

Next post...

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                          Find this whole post bizarre.. Fernandez has massive ambition for out little West London club ! The reality is people want us to buy this player and that and at the same time moan about debt ! Debt which Fernandes owns !

The ground is a joke... we like every other London club want to expand or move. Tottenham, West ham, Chelsea are all after bigger grounds. West Ham are off to The Olympic park and Tottenham has been blamed for a 100 year old business burning down so they can get a ground improvement. Chelsea are arguing about a pitch ownership problem.

Training ground has been halted by local residents who don't want to see a sh*T hole turned into something useful.

If QPR goes down which might happen.... we need the money bags people to stick with us and bring us back up. We are btw... a small club and looking at the championship many clubs below us feel they are bigger and deserve our spot in the Prem. (Middlesborough, Derby, Birmingham, Forest etc).
                          this is a very sensible post foz. id add and expand upon your last point and say that even many London clubs (championship or otherwise) who think they deserve our spot: Charlton and Watford for starters.
                          main point were making here is that all this "we are a small club / our ambitions are too high" business is nonsense
                          Last edited by ArthurQPR_NYC; 20-01-2015, 11:23 AM.
                          Rangers Til I Die
                          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

No he shouldn't step down. I don't agree with his decision to keep ole Bagpuss but respect it.

QPR is a long term project both on and off the pitch. Way too early to meaningfully judge his tenure. On footballing side both Hughes and Redknapp good appointments. They should have been good for us but didn't work out.

Off the field not sure why so many people anti Beardy? How on Earth do any of us on here have a clue how he has performed whether good or bad?

Overall in terms of the owners we all want quick results but I'm thinking 5-10 years is time to start judging them. They are trying to turn us from a bang average Championship side into an established Premiership one. Is going to take time.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                              Absolutley! i think its unbelievable...It would appear we have a chairman whose only fault is listening to want the fans want..we want champions league player when we came up ..people cried we got them..warnock is a championship manager get a proper premiership manager in like hughes they all cried..we got him..hughes is rubbish sack him ..harry come save us..he gave you that...
                              we need to invest in decent youth players..Mutch ..granero...phillips...yun..all cried out for..he gave them...we need a better training ground...he is trying ..we need a bigger stadium..it seems that his main crime is giving us exactly what we want like spoilt kids going round toys r us....
                              That is so true, how many will not admit doing this?

Maybe he should stop listening to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                                Would not his/her presence make the other QPR board members basically redundant overnight?
                                Haha. I´m sure we have a candidate for the manager post aswell;))
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X