Team for Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team for Saturday...

I'd like to see HR grow some balls, change it up and go for it Saturday.. Chances are United will play 3 in the middle so we need to be careful not to get outnumbered.. I would go ultra attacking on Saturday. This would be my team 4-3-3, playing players in their actual positions:

----------------------Green---------------------------

--Isla--------- Rio------- Caulker------ Traore------

---------Adel--------Barton-------Fer-----------------

------Vargas--------------------------Zarate--------

---------------------Austin----------------------------

Vargas and Zarate playing either side of Austin could be SO dangerous.. along with Adel breaking forward.

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    I'd like to see HR grow some balls, change it up and go for it Saturday.. Chances are United will play 3 in the middle so we need to be careful not to get outnumbered.. I would go ultra attacking on Saturday. This would be my team 4-3-3, playing players in their actual positions:

--Isla--------- Rio------- Caulker------ Traore------

---------Adel--------Barton-------Fer-----------------

------Vargas--------------------------Zarate--------

---------------------Austin----------------------------

Vargas and Zarate playing either side of Austin could be SO dangerous.. along with Adel breaking forward.
    We're playing Man Utd not Morecambe! Two attacking full backs, two attacking and lazy centre midfielders with two wingers and a striker? We'll get ruined!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      We're playing Man Utd not Morecambe! Two attacking full backs, two attacking and lazy centre midfielders with two wingers and a striker? We'll get ruined!
      Bollarks fella.. If Fer played in his actual position he would be a real force in the middle. Why are you scared what have we got to fvcking lose.. Thats a team and a half that!

Comment

The worst United side defensively in many a year.

Got to have a real good go. Wasted opportunity otherwise.

Comment

Bollarks fella.. If Fer played in his actual position he would be a real force in the middle. Why are you scared what have we got to fvcking lose.. Thats a team and a half that!
          You've got Joey, Caulker and Rio as the only outfield players who are defensively minded and that's even a push for Joey! Isla spends more time playing right wing than right back and Traore can't defend for ####.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            The worst United side defensively in many a year.

Got to have a real good go. Wasted opportunity otherwise.
            There's having a go and then throwing the kitchen sink! We already concede an average of 16 shots a game, we'll be doubling it with that team! It'll make a good game to watch mind, but I'd rather have a boring game with a result than exciting and lose 10-8!

Comment

Will more than likely lose anyway so we might as well go for it

Although I would go 4231 and tell Henry and Barton roles that all they do is break up play and give it to the better players and if Barton starts to think he is Pirlo again then he will be subbed

--Isla--------- Dunne------- Caulker------ Hill------

-------Barton-------Henry----------

------Vargas---------Adel-------------Zarate--------

--------------------Austin----------------------------
              We Are The People.....

Comment

You've got Joey, Caulker and Rio as the only outfield players who are defensively minded and that's even a push for Joey! Isla spends more time playing right wing than right back and Traore can't defend for ####.
                Don't care mate.. United cant defend for toffee and that is possibly the most talented side going forward on paper we have had for years.

Barton can hold with Fer sitting and breaking forward with Adel sometimes.. We've been too negative in most games this season. We've had no cutting edge, no magic. We have nothing to lose.. If HR really does like to play dynamic attacking football then he should pick that side.

Not many sides in the prem now play 2 holding midfielders, its 1 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post

Although I would go 4231 and tell Henry and Barton roles that all they do is break up play and give it to the better players and if Barton starts to think he is Pirlo again then he will be subbed

That front 4 of Vargas, Adel, Zarate and Austin is a bit tasty!!

Comment

Same wavelength as me my friend, named the exact same side in another thread.

Comment

Don't care mate.. United cant defend for toffee and that is possibly the most talented side going forward on paper we have had for years.

Barton can hold with Fer sitting and breaking forward with Adel sometimes.. We've been too negative in most games this season. We've had no cutting edge, no magic. We have nothing to lose.. If HR really does like to play dynamic attacking football then he should pick that side.

Not many sides in the prem now play 2 holding midfielders, its 1 at most.
                      To open mate. You can easily play attacking with more stability. Fer only comes alive when he's got the ball and runs at players, no chance he can sit. The team Rangers put below has both defensive solidity, if possible with players available and good attacking options.

Comment

Same wavelength as me my friend, named the exact same side in another thread.
                        I have always thought that has always been our best formation either home or away

Give us a defensive base and also gives us a room to have a luxury player in the no 10 role to support Austin and gives us pace on the flanks

Obviously would look much better with Sandro for Barton and Yun for Hill once everyone is fit
                        We Are The People.....

Comment

Shame HR cant instil a style or pattern of play that, that good team on paper could implement.

Comment

Fer in the middle. Adel and Zarate to start. But Anton and Traore shouldn't even be on the bench.

Comment

I have always thought that has always been our best formation either home or away

Give us a defensive base and also gives us a room to have a luxury player in the no 10 role to support Austin and gives us pace on the flanks

Obviously would look much better with Sandro for Barton and Yun for Hill once everyone is fit
                              Yeah, I've been crying out for it all season but there seems to be an obsession with two up front on this forum and with fans in general.

It's solid and as long as the two 'wingers' put a shift in defensively, which we know Vargas does, it's a winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X