No announcement yet.

would happily get thumped in the cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love a cup run and it would breed confidence BUT given the choice, 3 points at Burnley would far out way a cup run ! I never want to see the R's lose but some games are not as important as others and Burnley is the game not Sheff Utd

Comment

whats got the best memories ? 82 FA cup final or surviving in the Prem a couple of seasons ago ?
      I understand peoples point about the Burnley match being important ,but, We should be going for it in my opinion . Football really has turned to s hit when the FA cup dosn`t matter anymore to the fans .
      Ive got the taste for Wembley again ! You R`sssss
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I'll never forget 1982 but the F.A. Cup is sadly a very different animal these days. Personally, I'd take a draw at Burnley over winning the F. A. Cup (even beating Chelsea in the final ) all day long. Might have felt a bit differently had we hung on against Swansea. But with Fernandes quite rightly occupied elsewhere indefinitely (we just don't know at present how his/ Air Asia's/QPR's future might be adversely affected) and stuck with a nowadays pretty incompetent manager seeing out his last months in the role, literally every point will surely be crucial for the club in its now huge task to survive in the Premiership. If we could, I'd play the under 19 team against Sheff U.

Comment

Also getting a point would do wonders for morale. I'd bite your hand off for 9 points away from home in the remainder of the season at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            For a win at Burnley

That might upset a few on here
            OK, I'll bite. Disappointed, not upset.

Is that what it comes down to for some now? Begging for scraps at the table of the mighty Manchesters and Chelseas and Arsenals, all too happy to trade a POSSIBLE FA CUP WIN AT WEMBLEY for a win at BURNLEY. Where? Yes, Burnley!

'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

The one thing I'm having second thoughts about is the potential F. A. Cup win over chelsea (wont dignify them by using a capital letter) at Wembley in the Final...but that's the only thing I'd trade for a point (and virtually certain relegation if we don't get it under this joke of a management team we are stuck with) at Burnley. Personally will be usrprised if we get 6 points away from home under Redcrapp this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                I'll never forget 1982 but the F.A. Cup is sadly a very different animal these days. Personally, I'd take a draw at Burnley over winning the F. A. Cup (even beating Chelsea in the final ) all day long. .

surely you`re having a laugh ?

Comment

Vespa, surely you have now noticed my retraction re chelsea? TBH, If we find ourselves playing the filth in the Cup Final, I'll be flying over from Australia for it. Can't imagine flying over for a game v Burnley.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                    Vespa, surely you have now noticed my retraction re chelsea? TBH, If we find ourselves playing the filth in the Cup Final, I'll be flying over from Australia for it. Can't imagine flying over for a game v Burnley.
                    Sorry Kangaroo ,i didnt ,i must have had a brainstorm !

Comment

Working...
                    X