Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Need to bring in players ASAP most of this lot are proper sh*t
Collapse
X
-
Comment
-
If we buy a left winger perhaps Fer can play centre mid alongside Barton/Henry/Sandro, with Vargas continuing on the right.Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.Comment
-
Thats what I would like to see Richard!.... For me Vargas has to play on the wing, looks so much more comfortable/threatening playing in that position. Also prefer Fer in the middle and thats his natural position anyway.
SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!Comment
-
Our wing quartet of SWP Hoilett Phillips and Traore isn't working out hence Vargas playing on the right, where he's done a good job. The wide area is our major problem IMO and needs to be rectified this window. We also need full back cover and another striker. We've got three forwards, one needs to be managed gently, and another playing on the wing.
Sounds a lot, but that's the reality.Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.Comment
-
I agree on most of that but Vargas is no striker, even Redknapp has said that he prefers playing as a winger and I do too. Too often as a striker does he become isolated and playing on the wing with his countryman will only help his game. Once we can bring fer into the middle we might actually get away with perhaps occasionally dropping Zamora for a ball player due to Fer's brilliant aerial ability. He has a massive leap and I reckon he could do the Bobby job quite wellOur wing quartet of SWP Hoilett Phillips and Traore isn't working out hence Vargas playing on the right, where he's done a good job. The wide area is our major problem IMO and needs to be rectified this window. We also need full back cover and another striker. We've got three forwards, one needs to be managed gently, and another playing on the wing.
Sounds a lot, but that's the reality."What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment
-
My definition of a winger is a player who plays out wide, runs at the full back and gets a cross in or goes to the byline to cut the ball back in the box to create goal scoring chances. they also arrive in the box to get on the end of a cross from the winger on the other flank.
When has Hoillet or SWP done this?
Phillips did last season, but has rarely had a chance this one so far apart from the occasional away game where he seems to have been tasked with defensive duties or being brought on as a late sub in the occasional home game.Comment
-
if Hoilett Taarabt Traore are made available there will always be some willing bidders if the price is right.
AC Milan might be interested in a cut price deal for Taarabt (2M).
A similar fee for Hoilett might tempt a few teams home or in Europe and £1M for Traore.Comment
-
I agree.
Vargas is not really a centre forward and looks more comfortable on the right wing where he links up well with Isla.
Fer is a central midfielder and only Redknapp knows why he is playing him out wide on the left.Comment
-
Our midfield cant close games imo. Not defensive enough. We need a Shaun Derry DM to come on when were winning and shadow threats. I agree with Stan, have a fire sale on bench riders and use the funds to bring in one player on a perm plus loans.Comment
-
Well, with the way he is playing there at the moment, I would rather play him out wide and barton in the middle than him in the middle and hoilett out wide. Maybe when we get a good winger we can finally play fer in the middle."What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment
-
hope so stan...i agree with your definition of a winger tooComment
-
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.Comment
Comment