• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
    Anyone but Rio Ferdinand.
    I hope he plays - has something to proof

Comment

I under stand the original posters point. And it could well be a valid point. I'd take 3 points from the pair of games now. I always looked at the west brom , arsenal ,palace and Swansea games and thought that 7 points would be a good return. Nothing's changed my view now and if resting a couple against arsenal improves our chances of 3 points against palace and Swansea then so be it....

Tbh I think players like Rio and Mutch need some more game time so maybe it's a good oppuntunity

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        What team would you pick? Personally I'd write this game off, so to speak. I'd make as many changes as possible to keep players fresh for Palace, less than 48 hours after.

My reasons being, the chances of getting a result are next to none. Arsenal dominate the ball and it's a big pitch, meaning the amount of work our players will have to do will be enormous. Palace have a home game against Southampton and will play their strongest team. Southampton dominate the ball and Palace are a hard working, pressing team. Palace will see our game as winnable and I doubt Warnock will make any changes. A fresh Rangers 11, can get about a physically and mentally tired Palace side with a high tempo and pressing game, which will pay dividends as the game progresses.

My Arsenal starting 11. Formation 451.

McCarthy, Onouha, Ferdinand, Hill, Traore (Yun), Phillips, Mutch, Kranjcar, Barton/Henry, Wright-Phillips, Hoilett.

I'd play Hoilett up front, a role he done well at Blackburn and get him to run in behind a slow Arsenal defence who play a high line.

Team against Palace. Formation 442.

Green, Isla, Dunne, Caulker, Yun, Vargas, Barton, Henry, Fer, Austin, Zamora.

All mentally and physically fresh apart from possibly Yun, depending on his and Traore's injury and Barton/Henry with one having to play at Arsenal.

It's a big decision for Harry and will upset a few fans no doubt but 3 points is badly needed from the next two games and I feel this gives us the best chance.
        Hmmm, good question. I think we can play our strongest defence in both matches as defenders usually don't have to run as much and are ready to go again 48 hours later. As for the rest of the team, I like your idea of injecting some pace at Highbury. I think one of our problems away from home is that teams do not fear us on the counter. That's why I like your idea of playing Hoilett in a very attacking role, but I'd add Vargas for some additional pace. I would not play Bobby - that is one older player I'd save for the home match - and frankly I don't think he would be the best choice for Highbury anyway.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Really tough choice and the fact is we have 3 or 4 players who more than likely cany do the two games in 48 hours. I would make a few changes but not wholesale ones.

Green

Onohua Rio Caulker Hill/traore

Phillips Kranjar Barton Hoillett

Austin Vargas

I would rest Dunne, Zamora and one of Barton or Henry plus keep Fer out for the Palace game.

My team against Palace would be

Green

Isla Caulker Dunne Hill

Vargas *Henry Barton Fer

Austin Zamora

* possibly Kranjar in cm depending on recovery of either Barton or Henry

Comment

Cracks me up when people name their teams like this

green/mccarthy
            isla/onouha etc

Pick one player in each position

Comment

I don't think we should shield any player for the Arsenal game. We have to go there with the belief we can win, and besides, all of them will want to play against one of Europe's top clubs.

Can you imagine the reaction if Harry says to Austin or Barton "sorry son, I'm dropping you for this one, you need a rest". They'd have the right hump, which could have an adverse effect on the player concerned.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Rest Dunne and Zamora Both cannot play twice in less than a week as well as Fer who has 4 yellow cards:

Green
                Isla Onuoha Caulker Yun/Hill (If Yun is not fit)

Vargas Barton Hanry Hoilett

Kranjcar

Austin
                Last edited by Yousef; 22-12-2014, 11:09 AM.
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  Rest Dunne and Zamora Both cannot play twice in less than a week as well as Fer who has 4 yellow cards:

Green
                  Isla Onuoha Caulker Yun/Hill (If Yun is not fit)
                  Vargas Barton Hanry Hoilett

Kranjcar

Austin
                  Have to play two up front at Arsenal. Vargas and Austin for me. Rest Bob for Palace. Isla won't be back.

Green
                  Onouha Caulker Dunne Hill
                  Holliet Barton Henry Kranjar
                  Vargas Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Have to play two up front at Arsenal. Vargas and Austin for me. Rest Bob for Palace. Isla won't be back.

Green
                    Onouha Caulker Dunne Hill
                    Holliet Barton Henry Kranjar
                    Vargas Austin.
                    Vargas was poor as striker versus Everton. That's why I suggested Niko behind Austin.
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Continuity is key. 4-4-2 and go at them

Comment

Harry on TS this morning said older players will not be able to play both games so hes going to mix it up

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                          Vargas was poor as striker versus Everton. That's why I suggested Niko behind Austin.
                          That's because Vargas was up front by himself. We have to play two up front because Bob is the only striker we have who can play there by himself. Charlie isn't effective up front by himself. We haven't attacking, pacey CMs who can provide quick support and get in the box. The type of player Jordoff notMutch is supposed to be. We have to play 442 given our present squad. Nothing else works.
                          Last edited by Rangers77; 22-12-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Harry on TS this morning said older players will not be able to play both games so hes going to mix it up
                            These fairies will want a game every fortnight soon and a season to take place over two years.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              These fairies will want a game every fortnight soon and a season to take place over two years.
                              And holidays in Chile to be present at a child's birth.......

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                It's bloody ridiculous. Modern players moan about how tired they get playing 90 mins a week. They want to have a go at that triathlon lark like Ali and Jonny Brownlee. They'd soon have something to moan about.
                                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X