Only one team in Premier League history has made a worse start on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pal View Post
    Which also means that we have most of the top ten still to play at home.
    People who point out the statistic regarding who we are yet to play away, are trying to say that we will pick up points from home due to the teams we will be playing, whilst missing entirely the point that we will drop more points at home due to the teams we have to play.
    And you are forgetting that the same can be said the other way and we will play easier teams away and have more chance of winning away...
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
      This argument that our hard away schedule somehow excuses 9 away losses in a row - 10 if you include Burton Albion, always a tough place to go, as Tranmere Rovers and Hartlepool will attest - leaves me cold. We are supposed to be a Premier League team ffs, presumably capable of competing with the other Premier League teams. Are away matches against the likes of Swansea, Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham, Everton, and Southampton to be considered lost causes from here on in? Ridiculous.
      Given we only really lost badly in two of those matches I think you are over exaggerating. Those are tough matches for any team certainly us.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
        As it stands now the teams we have played away are all in the top 10. We still have to play ARS and M.C
        But they have not all been in the top 10 when we played them but playing us helped them to get in there.
        Here are standings before we play them and after
        TOT 5->1 M.U 14->9 SOU 2->2 W.H 13->7 CHE 1->1 NEW 8->1 SWA 8->6 Eve 12->10
        Only teams positioned outside the top ten there are Utd - Just signed marquee players and were at home to a roaring old trafford
        West Ham - Just beat liverpool at home and barely lost to Man Utd
        Everton - Just been on a four match unbeaten run at home.
        I'm not sure which side of the debate you are on but from this, I think it is fairly clear that we have had to play most of the difficult away matches early and that may be a gift

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
          if we dont pick three away wins at least....we will founder................fact!
          We might lose all matches away but win the extra 3 at home, do we still go down?

Comment

Whilst, yes, we have what can be perceived at "easier games" away in the 2nd half of the season, that means we have United, Chelsea, Ar$enal, Spurs etc at home.... Who's to say we will win those? I personally think the back end of the season will be tougher than the first half.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
              Which also means that we have most of the top ten still to play at home.
              People who point out the statistic regarding who we are yet to play away, are trying to say that we will pick up points from home due to the teams we will be playing, whilst missing entirely the point that we will drop more points at home due to the teams we have to play.
              why?....we are a match for anyone at LR

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                And you are forgetting that the same can be said the other way and we will play easier teams away and have more chance of winning away...
                Exactly!!!!..... And like Dave says we are a match for anyone at LR.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                X