Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

I 100 % agree.

We were always going to be in a relegation scrap this year. Our squad is on par with 7 or 8 teams this year and we are struggling against the rest.

But what im proud of is when we have had to do the business against our rivals this year we have pretty much done it -

Hull - L
    Stoke - D
    Sunderland - W
    Burnley - W
    A Villa - W
    Leicester - W

13 points from 18 so far and 6 to play for against our direct rivals - not bad going.

Still have Palace and West brom to play before the half way mark....

What more do our fans want - I would understand if we had been away to burnley, palace, hull, villa and we had 0 points but its been away to spurs, utd, scum, Southampton, everton ect....

think we need to be more realistic on how we are actually doing.
    I can agree to a point but at the moment with the way we're playing away from home we won't get any away points against the teams around us at this rate and we can't just give games up in this league as all the other teams around us seem capable of picking up points away from home regardless of the opposition

Also it will come a point when we will inevitably drop points at home as the pressure will be too much

This isn't a new thing under Redknapp as we were terrible away from home last season as well
    We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
      Coming from you that is ####ing hilarious !!!!!!!
      Where have I contradicted my opinion?... All I ever wanted when we weren't doing it, was a team that put the effort in and tried every game. Now we are doing that, I am happy.

I also do not understand your comment above?.. 'The way we are playing away from home, we wont get any points against the teams around us'.. where do you make that assumption from? We had more attempts on goal last than Everton?... If we can cut out the errors, which we will, with Caulker back in there, then we will pick up points away against those teams around us
      Last edited by West London is Rss; 16-12-2014, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        You do realise that there have to be 3 teams below us?
        Of course. I was just suggesting that we really should be finishing above all those four, but at the very least, three of them. Don't think that having aspirations to finish above the likes of Hull, Villa or Sunderland would be mind bogglingly unrealistic either, having seen them all.

Personally, I would never be happy aiming for 17th. But I guess some are more easily pleased than others.

Not blaming the manager entirely, as the players have a responsibility to perform better than they have done. But the time for talking about it has long passed and the time for actually doing it is well overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Of course. I was just suggesting that we really should be finishing above all those four, but at the very least, three of them. Don't think that having aspirations to finish above the likes of Hull, Villa or Sunderland would be mind bogglingly unrealistic either, having seen them all.

Personally, would never be happy aiming for 17th.[/B] But I guess some are more easily pleased than others.

Not blaming the manager entirely, as the players have a responsibility to perform better than they have done. But the time for talking about it has long passed and the time for actually doing it is well overdue.
          Have I really just read that Brighton?!.. Come on mate be realistic.. we scrapped up last season, with a team of loans and a team thrown together. In addition we are competing in the hardest premier league season ever where every team can pick up points and your saying 17th isn't good enough at the end of the season for you?!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            The goal is staying up... and I don't care how we do that. I would just like to stay up.
            So would I my friend. And I have no doubt that everyone on here wants the same.

But do you not think that bearing in mind the investment in the squad, the supposed genius of the manager and just how poor some of the other sides are, we should be doing just a little better? Maybe 3 or 4 points better off by now, with hardly anyone complaining as it would be reasonable and realistic position at this stage. Would be no need for us to worry about not having to win our next home games, thus relieving a bit of pressure from all of us. Pretty sure that would be very satisfactory to most Rangers fans.

Comment

Have I really just read that Brighton?!.. Come on mate be realistic.. we scrapped up last season, with a team of loans and a team thrown together. In addition we are competing in the hardest premier league season ever where every team can pick up points and your saying 17th isn't good enough at the end of the season for you?!

Yes mate, you read that correctly.

My question to you now is, why was it that we only just scraped up last season, bearing in mind our playing budget in comparison to the other teams and that the manager was allowed to bring in almost anyone he wanted?

As for 17th, what I said was we should not be AIMING for it. Not very aspirational in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                I would say now that we will beat Everton at Loftus Road. Didn't really see anything last night that would suggest we couldn't.
                So if that's the case why so p iss poor yesterday. If we can beat them at home why were we not be able to beat them away

Comment

Where have I contradicted my opinion?... All I ever wanted when we weren't doing it, was a team that put the effort in and tried every game. Now we are doing that, I am happy.

I also do not understand your comment above?.. 'The way we are playing away from home, we wont get any points against the teams around us'.. where do you make that assumption from? We had more attempts on goal last than Everton?... If we can cut out the errors, which we will, with Caulker back in there, then we will pick up points away against those teams around us
                  How many of those shots were on target and how many saves did Howard have to make ?

We have a massive problem away from home and it comes from Redknapp attitude that they are "bonus" games and therefore we can write them off

Palace and Hull managed draws at Swansea & Everton why can't we
                  Last edited by Rangersw12; 16-12-2014, 04:38 PM.
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Yes mate, you read that correctly.

My question to you now is, why was it that we only just scraped up last season, bearing in mind our playing budget in comparison to the other teams and that the manager was allowed to bring in almost anyone he wanted?

As for 17th, what I said was we should not be AIMING for it. Not very aspirational in my view.
                    Maybe we should be better off.. maybe we shouldn't have scraped up, maybe we should of walked it... As you know I haven't been HR's biggest fan but we are in good position right now in the league, with some big home games coming up again. we win 3 out of 4 next home games and we will have 23 points and probably be mid-table going in to the new year. I'd love to aim higher but, I really do just want to aim for 17th and if we finish higher then that's a bonus.

Comment

So would I my friend. And I have no doubt that everyone on here wants the same.

But do you not think that bearing in mind the investment in the squad, the supposed genius of the manager and just how poor some of the other sides are, we should be doing just a little better? Maybe 3 or 4 points better off by now, with hardly anyone complaining as it would be reasonable and realistic position at this stage. Would be no need for us to worry about not having to win our next home games, thus relieving a bit of pressure from all of us. Pretty sure that would be very satisfactory to most Rangers fans.
                      Super post some expectations of fans on individual players and team as a whole are way to low. It feels like some fans have conditioned themselves to hide behind excuses of lack of luck playing teams in top half of the table etc. Had it dawned on some people if we done better away from home we would probably be mid table and these teams above us which we apparently have no right to even contemplate beating might be around us or heaven forbid below us.

Comment

I'd love to aim higher but, I really do just want to aim for 17th and if we finish higher then that's a bonus.
                        As the saying goes aim for the stars and you might get the moon. Therefore aim for 17th and we might get 18th

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                          How many of those shots were on target and how many saves did Howard actuality have to make ?

We have a massive problem away from home and it comes from Redknapp attitude that they are "bonus" games and therefore we can write them off

Palace and Hull managed draws at Swansea & Everton why can't we
                          We had 17 shots to Everton's 14... Everton had 5 of them on target, we had 4...

We don't have a 'massive' problem away from home at all.. be realistic all the teams we have played away have been established top half teams. We were adventurous with our play last night, we got forward more.. there was no signs of writing it off to me. I don't think you can assume HR is 'writing' away games off.

Palace and Hull have also lost against teams like Villa home and away... why cant they win those games. We've beaten the teams we need to beat so far and on course to staying up. If we start losing away from home against the teams around, then I will say we have a problem away from home.. but lets be realistic, we have just come up.
                          Palace and Hull have been in the league a couple of seasons now.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            As the saying goes aim for the stars and you might get the moon. Therefore aim for 17th and we might get 18th
                            Maybe 'aiming' for 17th is incorrect then.. Maybe 'finishing' 17th is the correct term.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Super post some expectations of fans on individual players and team as a whole are way to low. It feels like some fans have conditioned themselves to hide behind excuses of lack of luck playing teams in top half of the table etc. Had it dawned on some people if we done better away from home we would probably be mid table and these teams above us which we apparently have no right to even contemplate beating might be around us or heaven forbid below us.
                              Just four more points with the change in GD that would follow, would actually see us above another 6 teams. A draw away to Southampton and winning against Liverpool, (which without ridiculous errors and two own goals, we would have) and we could all go into the Christmas period worry free.

Now of course, we find ourselves with added pressure to beat WBA and Palace, which won't help anyone.

How different things could be with just a marginal improvement. Hopefully, that will now come.

Comment

We had 17 shots to Everton's 14... Everton had 5 of them on target, we had 4...

We don't have a 'massive' problem away from home at all.. be realistic all the teams we have played away have been established top half teams. We were adventurous with our play last night, we got forward more.. there was no signs of writing it off to me. I don't think you can assume HR is 'writing' away games off.

Palace and Hull have also lost against teams like Villa home and away... why cant they win those games. We've beaten the teams we need to beat so far and on course to staying up. If we start losing away from home against the teams around, then I will say we have a problem away from home.. but lets be realistic, we have just come up.
                                Palace and Hull have been in the league a couple of seasons now.
                                If you don't think we have a massive problem with away games you clearly haven't been to many away games

We have been terrible away from home since Redknapp took over

Just because Hull & Palace have been in the league a couple of seasons means nothing they are #### and in a mini league with us
                                We Are The People.....

Comment

Working...
                                X