X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    A couple of bad games? It happens.
    you mean 6-8 bad away games.

No one on here is really questioning home form, but the away performances are abysmal, with only 2 goals scored.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      There was one moment in the first half, after a period when we could not pass the ball well enough to get out of our own half, when he picked the ball up and ran with the ball about 50 yards into Swansea's half, finally got an option to pass and laid it off to Barton, who looked up tried to play a long ball out to the left and battered it straight into Vargas' legs from 5 yards and gave possession away.

Sort of sums up last night for me.
      me too. the amount of times QPR gave the ball away was embarrassing.

I could not believe that Onuoha was preferred to Isla as a right back. Onuoha's distribution was pathetic and he offered no link up play to Vargas.

People say that Hoilett and Phillips are not good enough, but I would rather put them in the side and give them a run of games rather than try and get the likes of Barton, Krancjar and Fer to play on the wings.

Players need confidence in order to perform well, and they are not going to gain that by being left out of the side watching their teammates playing and struggling out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
        The most exciting addition to the club this season has looked at times "uninvolved" the past two games. Any thoughts as to why?
        It could be labelled at any of our players. A game or 3 of good performances and we are all hailing the individuals, a poor performance or 2 and everyone is on their back. Vargas isn't going to be hot every game thats just the way things are, he will still be a crucial member of our team
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          It could be labelled at any of our players. A game or 3 of good performances and we are all hailing the individuals, a poor performance or 2 and everyone is on their back. Vargas isn't going to be hot every game thats just the way things are, he will still be a crucial member of our team
          Totally agree with you here, the system didn't suit him yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

No one on here is really questioning home form, but the away performances are abysmal, with only 2 goals scored.
            Sorry to repeat from a post yesterday, but it's worse than that.

Out of the 36 possible points from our last 12 PL away games, we managed to get just the one. And that was a joy in itself, being the boring 0-0 that got us relegated.

I think those in charge ought to be totally embarrassed, for allowing such a disgraceful and shameful record to continue unabated.

Apparently the muppet now thinks that our home form is key to survival this year. Really cannot believe how he gets away with it, time after time.

Comment

I thought "Vargas" did ok v Leicester

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                I thought Vargas was quite involved and had a good game today.

Spot on. He was almost the only one who matched the Swansea players tecnically.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

2/3 reasons:
                  - Isla didn't play with him
                  - He's played up top last 2 games, maybe he prefers being on the right
                  - Has a 2 week old baby.

Nothing to worry about

Comment

sorry, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

In general, away performances are fine. Look at Chelsea away, southampton away, newcastle away. We played badly against Tottenham, Man Utd, and West Ham. Yesterday was even, you can't call it a bad away performance when you compare it to the first two.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

How can Vargas do anything right when our midfield players were passing the ball to our opponents!

Comment

Working...
                        X