Vine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vine

Clearly a decent bloke and came down near us to give autographs to kids and really urging the team on from the corner flag where he was having a warm down after being substituted. BUT despite some v nice, even scintilating touches early on he seemed to fade out of the match. Yes he is getting more back to his old self but I'm still not convinced he provides quite enough of an attacking threat. For all our great play yesterday it was all about the midfield, and but for Simpson's late tap in our front two didn't actually offer that much (though Simpson had made some v gd runs earlier to pull defenders out of position).

Fully accept its the midfield's job to score lots of goals too and there is no shame in relying on them for victory in a match - basically, yesterday our midfield did everything we've been waiting for them to do for months. But it still worries me that say on Wed night up at Newcastle where we might only have one or two chances - do we have anyone clinical enough to put that chance away?

Thought Vine was poor yesterday no link up play whatsoever

He was the weak link of the team yesterday

Am I the only person who seems the to think he strolls around the pitch without a care in the world?
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 27-09-2009, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Stainrod, you must be sitting just below me.... I'm right at the front of A block, next to Ben with the sombrero... say hello next time!

Also, agree about Vine... hopefully he'll shake it off though, as he is still coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

Am I the only person who seems the to think he strolls around the pitch without a care in the world?
        I think thats a tad harsh.

Saying that ive seen him play better than he did yesterday.

Comment

W12 Ranger, he does tend to stroll around the pitch.

Not yet back to his best and not convinced that he ever will be.

He tries to many flicks for my liking, quite often losing the ball in the process.

Would like to see his stats for misplace passes.

In defence of him though, he is coming back from a serious injury.

Would like to see a bit more effort for headers also. On far too many occasions yesterday we played the ball up high to the forwards, yet I am not sure they won many headers all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
            I think thats a tad harsh.

Saying that ive seen him play better than he did yesterday.
            Watch him closely I'm telling you....chest puffed out, billy big potatoes attitude at times, strutting his stuff to no effect.

Maybe its just me but his body language gives off those signals. Also the man wins no headers whatsoever and he still is yet to beat a man one on one this season.

Give me Taarabt any day off the week, I'm sure Vine will regain some sort of form but to date his rehabilitation hasn't come close to that Buzsakys and Rowlands.
            Last edited by W12_Ranger; 27-09-2009, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I thought vine was god awful 2nd half yesterday and i was screaming for piccalilli to be brought on. I actually think piccalilli could be a decent player for us..looks like a "proper" striker
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                I thought vine was god awful 2nd half yesterday and i was screaming for piccalilli to be brought on. I actually think piccalilli could be a decent player for us..looks like a "proper" striker
                Sorry Scott but Pellicori is SHIOTE, he will NEVER be a good player for us, WHO the **** gave him a 3 year contract???

What a poor signing!!!

Comment

Vine had a good game Wednesday, but was awful today.

As for that Italian lump, words fail me. Makes Ironside look mobile.
                  QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
                    Vine had a good game Wednesday, but was awful today.

As for that Italian lump, words fail me. Makes Ironside look mobile.
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                      Scott, he is sh1t! Waste of money bringing him in. Not in the same league as Vine!

Vine did ok yesterday. Still getting his match fitness back.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Vine was much better at Cardiff, I have no complaints at the moment. I felt a couple of weeks back his body language was not right, now its spot on and I'm liking the way he is a team player and that ****iness is returning and he is playing better.
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                        X