• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kept us in the game first half

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
      Yes he made some decent saves midweek
      "Decent" ?! How generous of you. Love it.

Some of those saves were world class.

Comment

Any keeper at any level would be disappointed to be beaten from that angle and yes he should have saved it but as usual slow to move his feet to adjust and therefore get down. Would actually have been better to stay in his feet!

Exact same angle as Southampton one

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Exact same angle as Southampton one
          Exactly West but some won't hear a bad word about him, even when his weaknesses are clear to see.

Comment

Green is to blame for 24 goals we have conceded.
            Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 06-12-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

This thread sums up Green and his fans, sure any will say what a great save after recovering from the punched cross but the reality is he should never have come for it and got lucky when the player struck it straight at his face. Made decent save from Boyd but his distribution was awful, communication poor and moves his feet like he is running in concrete. Average keeper at this level and so overrated by some on here.

Yes he made some decent saves midweek but then got beaten from impossible angle that opened the floodgates. Doesn't matter how many good saves you make if you end up costing your team.
              According to Sean Dyche "Rob Green made one absolute worldy save and another very good save from Scotty Arfield''

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                According to Sean Dyche "Rob Green made one absolute worldy save and another very good save from Scotty Arfield''
                I'm sure Dyce really meant that or just maybe he was trying to big up his team after a crucial defeat by suggesting they should have won, who would have thought!

Comment

I'm sure Dyce really meant that or just maybe he was trying to big up his team after a crucial defeat by suggesting they should have won, who would have thought!
                  Ok. What about Redknapp: "Rob Green was excellent, fantastic: that save from Boyd, I was right behind it, and that was top corner all the way,"

"As soon as he hit it I said 'that's in', so how he's got his fingertips to that I don't know, it's an amazing save.

"He's a great keeper and a great pro, fantastic person''.

Ricky, I know you don't like Green, but he should be given the credit he deserves. First 5-6 games he was average but last 5-6 he's been fantastic.

Comment

A great keeper but must get his goal kicks sorted, only a slight criticism
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Exactly West but some won't hear a bad word about him, even when his weaknesses are clear to see.
                      I don't think that's right. He certainly has his limitations. The point is about fairness. If it's his fault than fair enough he should take the blame, but don't think it's fair for him to take the flak when he can only do the best he can out of a bad situation. Not saying he's one of the best keepers in the world, but he's a good keeper. I think he's decent enough to play for QPR right now. If you're saying he's average, fair enough. Would you drop him for McCarthy because I wouldn't?

Comment

Hes a decent keeper but not as good as some people laud him up to be

First ten minutes he threw the ball out direct to one of their players have we seen him do that more then once in his time with us yes

Came for a cross he never should have come for and had to pull off a save to make up for it have we seen that before with us yes

On three/four occasions he took risks waiting for the ball to come into the box so he could pick it up when the safe option was to put his boot through it he will get caught out doing that and nearly did on two occasions by Ings

When I watch Green in goal my heart is in my mouth as, and this may be unfair, I expect an error at any moment. Hes a good keeper granted but hes not in my opinion in the top 10 keepers in our league

Comment

Green is currently playing as well as any keeper in world football, the signing of McCarthy has pushed him to this current level, if McCarthy had signed for liverpool he would be in their first team now,lol.
                          Last edited by californiahoop; 06-12-2014, 11:30 PM.
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                            Green is currently playing as good as any keeper in world football

Comment

Solid keeper, good shot stopper, handling good and comes across as a very decent bloke , makes me laugh the main critisism about his distribution and kicking as his main job is to stop. Can't recall his kicking ever costing us. Sensational during the week and a world class save today.
                              Welcome back to Loftus Road.............John Terry!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchender View Post
                                Solid keeper, good shot stopper, handling good and comes across as a very decent bloke , makes me laugh the main critisism about his distribution and kicking as his main job is to stop. Can't recall his kicking ever costing us. Sensational during the week and a world class save today.
                                Playing very well.
                                Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X