Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rio Ferdinand to retire from football at the end of the season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jmelanie
    Gold Seat
    • Aug 2011
    • 7525

    #16
    Maybe we can get Ryan Nelsen back, heard he is looking for a job.

    Earlier on this month Ferdinand was talking about staying at the club and not taking the position at the FIFA vice president for Britain.
    Last edited by jmelanie; 26-10-2014, 10:42 AM.

    Comment

    • jmelanie
      Gold Seat
      • Aug 2011
      • 7525

      #17
      Originally posted by NW_Hoopz
      Just had an insider on Talksport saying he actually said he's off in January BUT somebody made him film it again saying end of the season .............
      Did he say he was off or retiring. It's not the same thing.

      Comment

      • Hitman34
        Platinum Seat
        • Jan 2012
        • 13959

        #18
        Originally posted by NW_Hoopz
        Just had an insider on Talksport saying he actually said he's off in January BUT somebody made him film it again saying end of the season .............
        its probably the same Insider that posts on here.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

        Comment

        • klonk
          Silver Seat
          • May 2011
          • 2401

          #19
          Originally posted by Hitman34
          its probably the same Insider that posts on here.
          or it could just be the sunday mirror...

          Rio Ferdinand could quit football as early as JANUARY, he reveals in explosive TV interview

          Comment

          • Kevin Mcleod
            Referee
            • Aug 2013
            • 17322

            #20
            rio out!
            Originally posted by arthurqpr_nyc
            cant wait to see the back of him

            Comment

            • qprted
              CCG
              • May 2010
              • 9639

              #21
              Wished

              I WISHED HE GOT RUN OVER,AND GETS TWO BROKEN LEGS

              hes a disgrace to football hes useless he should have retired three seasons ago i wonder how much money he gave redknapp to get into our poor football club hes worse than zesh rehman
              Click here to view my blog.

              More...

              Comment

              • Hitman34
                Platinum Seat
                • Jan 2012
                • 13959

                #22
                Originally posted by qprted
                i wished he got run over,and gets two broken legs

                hes a disgrace to football hes useless he should have retired three seasons ago i wonder how much money he gave redknapp to get into our poor football club hes worse than zesh rehman
                its not harry's fault mate

                #remy
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                Comment

                • MYU
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 43466

                  #23
                  I think if the team played as they did vs Liverpool, Rio will play better. To be honest he is not used to what he's seen here, must be a total shock to him.

                  I think he will have a good season if we continue to play as we did.

                  Comment

                  • Hitman34
                    Platinum Seat
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 13959

                    #24
                    Originally posted by MYU
                    I think if the team played as they did vs Liverpool, Rio will play better. To be honest he is not used to what he's seen here, must be a total shock to him.

                    I think he will have a good season if we continue to play as we did.
                    it would be shocking to drop dunne. apart from the own goal he had a great game.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                    Comment

                    • MYU
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 43466

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Hitman34
                      it would be shocking to drop dunne. apart from the own goal he had a great game.
                      I don't like his pace but I will not argue with you, he had a superb game.

                      Comment

                      • West Acton
                        CCG
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 21475

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Hitman34
                        it would be shocking to drop dunne. apart from the own goal he had a great game.
                        Dunne was decent enough last week but just saw his OG again and its appalling his foot work and body shape are shocking. There is a reason he scores so many own goals and holds the record for OG in the top flight its because his feet are so poor when he moves and there will be many more OG as hes too old to change now

                        Comment

                        • jmelanie
                          Gold Seat
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 7525

                          #27
                          Originally posted by MYU
                          I think if the team played as they did vs Liverpool, Rio will play better. To be honest he is not used to what he's seen here, must be a total shock to him.

                          I think he will have a good season if we continue to play as we did.
                          I think the fans have been a bit harsh towards Rio, and I don't believe he can be blamed for everything that has happened.

                          1) As far as I can recall he only played one game in preseason

                          2) He then played for the full 90 minutes against Hull and I believe until the Liverpool he played every other game.

                          When we signed him, I don't think anybody thought he would be playing for the full 90 minutes and not every game.

                          3) The defence has consisted of different formations and different defenders.

                          4) Rio should have featured in more preseason games and should not have been expected to then come straight into a premiership game and play for 90 minutes.

                          Also the fans seem to have been on his back since the beginning of the season.

                          Comment

                          • West Acton
                            CCG
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 21475

                            #28
                            Originally posted by jmelanie
                            I think the fans have been a bit harsh towards Rio, and I don't believe he can be blamed for everything that has happened.

                            1) As far as I can recall he only played one game in preseason

                            2) He then played for the full 90 minutes against Hull and I believe until the Liverpool he played every other game.

                            When we signed him, I don't think anybody thought he would be playing for the full 90 minutes and not every game.

                            3) The defence has consisted of different formations and different defenders.

                            4) Rio should have featured in more preseason games and should not have been expected to then come straight into a premiership game and play for 90 minutes.

                            Also the fans seem to have been on his back since the beginning of the season.
                            Don't think Harry has done him any favours playing him bulk of time in back two but that aside he has been poor. Think had Harry played back three with Rio in the middle of Caulker and Nedum we may have seen a better player but Harry has mis managed the defence in my book by not playing the best back three rather playing his favourites but what Rio has shown is somewhat short of what is acceptable

                            Comment

                            • Shepherds Mush
                              Platinum Seat
                              • Nov 2012
                              • 10325

                              #29
                              Zesh Rehman!!?.....Didn't think he was that bad!

                              Comment

                              • Bluehoop
                                Gold Seat
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 9258

                                #30
                                Originally posted by jmelanie
                                I think the fans have been a bit harsh towards Rio, and I don't believe he can be blamed for everything that has happened.

                                1) As far as I can recall he only played one game in preseason

                                2) He then played for the full 90 minutes against Hull and I believe until the Liverpool he played every other game.

                                When we signed him, I don't think anybody thought he would be playing for the full 90 minutes and not every game.

                                3) The defence has consisted of different formations and different defenders.

                                4) Rio should have featured in more preseason games and should not have been expected to then come straight into a premiership game and play for 90 minutes.

                                Also the fans seem to have been on his back since the beginning of the season.
                                It's called a scapegoat and boy do we love one or two around here
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

                                Comment

                                Working...