No announcement yet.

Rio Ferdinand to retire from football at the end of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we can get Ryan Nelsen back, heard he is looking for a job.

Earlier on this month Ferdinand was talking about staying at the club and not taking the position at the FIFA vice president for Britain.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...role-year.html
    Last edited by jmelanie; 26-10-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
      Just had an insider on Talksport saying he actually said he's off in January BUT somebody made him film it again saying end of the season .............
      Did he say he was off or retiring. It's not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
        Just had an insider on Talksport saying he actually said he's off in January BUT somebody made him film it again saying end of the season .............
        its probably the same Insider that posts on here.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          its probably the same Insider that posts on here.
          or it could just be the sunday mirror...

Rio Ferdinand could quit football as early as JANUARY, he reveals in explosive TV interview

Comment

rio out!
            Originally posted by arthurqpr_nyc View Post
            cant wait to see the back of him

Comment

Wished

I WISHED HE GOT RUN OVER,AND GETS TWO BROKEN LEGS

hes a disgrace to football hes useless he should have retired three seasons ago i wonder how much money he gave redknapp to get into our poor football club hes worse than zesh rehman
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                i wished he got run over,and gets two broken legs

hes a disgrace to football hes useless he should have retired three seasons ago i wonder how much money he gave redknapp to get into our poor football club hes worse than zesh rehman
                its not harry's fault mate

#remy

Comment

I think if the team played as they did vs Liverpool, Rio will play better. To be honest he is not used to what he's seen here, must be a total shock to him.

I think he will have a good season if we continue to play as we did.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    I think if the team played as they did vs Liverpool, Rio will play better. To be honest he is not used to what he's seen here, must be a total shock to him.

it would be shocking to drop dunne. apart from the own goal he had a great game.

Comment

it would be shocking to drop dunne. apart from the own goal he had a great game.
                      I don't like his pace but I will not argue with you, he had a superb game.

Comment

Dunne was decent enough last week but just saw his OG again and its appalling his foot work and body shape are shocking. There is a reason he scores so many own goals and holds the record for OG in the top flight its because his feet are so poor when he moves and there will be many more OG as hes too old to change now

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

I think the fans have been a bit harsh towards Rio, and I don't believe he can be blamed for everything that has happened.

1) As far as I can recall he only played one game in preseason

2) He then played for the full 90 minutes against Hull and I believe until the Liverpool he played every other game.

When we signed him, I don't think anybody thought he would be playing for the full 90 minutes and not every game.

3) The defence has consisted of different formations and different defenders.

4) Rio should have featured in more preseason games and should not have been expected to then come straight into a premiership game and play for 90 minutes.

Also the fans seem to have been on his back since the beginning of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                            I think the fans have been a bit harsh towards Rio, and I don't believe he can be blamed for everything that has happened.

2) He then played for the full 90 minutes against Hull and I believe until the Liverpool he played every other game.

When we signed him, I don't think anybody thought he would be playing for the full 90 minutes and not every game.

4) Rio should have featured in more preseason games and should not have been expected to then come straight into a premiership game and play for 90 minutes.

Don't think Harry has done him any favours playing him bulk of time in back two but that aside he has been poor. Think had Harry played back three with Rio in the middle of Caulker and Nedum we may have seen a better player but Harry has mis managed the defence in my book by not playing the best back three rather playing his favourites but what Rio has shown is somewhat short of what is acceptable

Comment

Zesh Rehman!!?.....Didn't think he was that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post

It's called a scapegoat and boy do we love one or two around here
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X